So it looks like Be Our Guest is becoming Prix Fixe Meal and 2TS credits...thoughts?

I know (thank you) but you can (and I have ) booked breakfasts ahead of that date -and some prior are still open; but there’s nothing later and has not been for 180 + 10 20th - 24th August ...... seems strange the whole breakfast serving would be sold out in seconds for a block of days..... I called WDW dine and was told no bookings available and to try later ..... I’m intrigued as to why - my family really enjoy BOG breakfast........ but who knows with the other changes..

I was in the same boat. No luck getting BOG lunch aug 20-24 - it’s closed those days!!!!! Someone called and they were told that. I can stop stalking the reservation line now. I could get lunches easily on 25+

This makes me really glad that I got a BOG ADR for our May trip so that we can experience it before this "upgrade. There's no way that I'm going to pay for a prix fixe meal as a vegetarian. Paying fancy meat prices for black eyed peas would really irritate me.

Does anybody really think this is worth 2 credits? I meen we like the restaurant for the atmosphere but the food quality has gone down and it is not as good as other 2 credit restaurants.

Does anybody really think this is worth 2 credits? I meen we like the restaurant for the atmosphere but the food quality has gone down and it is not as good as other 2 credit restaurants.
They are changing the menu. So untill people are able to try the new food it will be hard to say.

I was able to score a reservation on Saturday for a 4:05 dinner on Monday. I've eaten there several times, and it still just really feels like a cafeteria.

No, it is not to me in any way. We were there during our honeymoon. We requested a table in any room but the rose garden, but were told they couldn't seat us anywhere else. We were sat right next to massive rolling carts full of plates and dishes that were clanking around. The view was terrible and completely obstructed by the carts, and all the servers were behind them complaining about their tables and having personal conversations. I vowed I would never return there. It was the worst dining experience I ever had at disney.

We felt dinner was overrated last trip. We plan on doing lunch next trip. I wonder if lunch AdRs will be harder to get.

Unfortunately I think that is going to be the case..i would think just to see the inside people would rather pay the quick service credit over 2 table service credits.
I hope they have belle meet with the beast for those prices

That makes sense .. was that a really common practice?

Yes. Last year a lot of people mentioned it in several groups. I'm new to the boards so can't say if was discussed a lot here. My family went to lunch at BOG and returned that night strictly for dessert and to meet the Beast...and we weren't the only ones. Glad we did it..already spending 2 ts credits for CRT..can't justify spending that amount for BOG too. :(

I'm late coming into this thread, but to be honest I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner. I'm probably going to be flamed for my opinion, but whatever. Here it is.

I've eaten at this restaurant for both lunch and dinner on different visits. Lunch was chaotic but since I only had a small party of two so I had no trouble finding a table, but it seemed there were alot of people wandering around who had ordered food but couldn't find a place to sit (i.e., your average sized family). Food came in a reasonable amount of time and we were in and out in about 45 minutes, and we were let in immediately for a ADR. Multiple ADRs for lunch slots were available to me in a 5 day trip.

Dinner was completely different. We had to wait over an hour past our ADR to be seated. Once we got in, the atmosphere was less chaotic, and our server got our food to us in a timely manner. We had appetizers, dinner entree, desserts, wine and beer, plus took pics with the Beast, so we were in restaurant for maybe a little over an hour. The food and the service were fine, what annoyed me was what I saw at some of the other tables. People were doing what other previous posters had noted, just coming in and only ordering dessert, nothing else...and sitting...and sitting, and made me really wonder if this was the cause of my ADR running over. I saw tables of people just ordering cupcakes, even a table with a whole group of people who shared one dessert. It frankly irritated me, because I was staying at WDW for two weeks on that trip and I could only get one...ONE!...reservation slot for dinner the whole time I was there, in the off season, and I had just paid out of pocket for what would have been easily the equivilent of two dining credits. So there are tables generating very little income and people out there like me who want to have a full meal at this restaurant and spend money but cant because a bunch of reservations were locked up for cupcakes. I also noted some of the servers assigned to those tables standing around and chatting (and some complaining, not that I blamed them, tips were probably terrible), because realistically there is only so much service you can provide to a table that orders only dessert. So I'm not surprised this happened. I'm ok with a prix fixe meal. Is it worth two dining credits? That's debateable. In my opinion its only worth two credits if it comes with a full course meal with large servings plus alcohol. The current pic samples of revamped food (if you can stomach them) on the website look miniscule. Perhaps they should have kept the original menu, make a prix fixe, and kept it one table service credit.

I've never been to Akershus (my traveling children are past the character meals for the most part) but wouldn't be surprised if many of the servers are Norwegian and would look on it favorably if asked for a detailed explanation of menu items.

I know I’m responding to an older comment but I wanted to share this story in case it helps people feel less intimidated about asking their servers questions - especially in Epcot.

When we ate at Akershus our server was very terse, abrupt, and not at all friendly. We thought she was a bad server. At the end of the meal I mentioned that I liked the traditional meatball dish. That was the first smile she gave us. My husband then asked about the brown cheese (gjetost) and she just lit up. She was Norwegian and told us all about the cheese and what grocery store chains in the US carry it. We ordered dessert and she was 180 degrees different. Friendly and smiling. I don’t know if she had a difficult table that upset her, she was having a bad night, or maybe she was just homesick or something. But being asked about her traditional foods really seemed to cheer her up. It made it a better night for us and seemed to make it a better night for her. So don’t be shy if you have questions about traditional dishes. Your server may be really happy to tell you about them.

Poulet rouge is a breed of chicken, just an FYI. And my mom is French, I was raised on French food and I’ve never heard of some of this food (basil scented tomato water?)
I lived in France and the French part of Switzerland for quite a few years. It was an interesting time in my life and I'll never forget it :).

Tomato water is a technique of the '90's with roots in nouvelle cuisine/ cuisine minceur thus makes sense that your mother probably didn't grow up with it. After all, the average French person doesn't eat haute cuisine daily anymore than the average American eats turkey with all the trimmings weekly.

Still tomato water is quite simple to make and gives massive amounts of flavour in return. Heck, I used to make it when we went camping but as my older sister says (with eyes rolling) I'm "spayshul", LOL.
It's the liquid from the tomato and in this case prolly a bruised basil leaf is placed in the bottom of the bowl thus basil scented tomato water.
And I'm with you in thinking the chicken on the new menu is a French variety that has much more flavour than the average American commercially raised bird. Hopefully, it'll be roasted since that tends to be the best way to bring out it's taste.

I was able to grab up a dinner spot at BOG very easily for our upcoming September trip. I had every night to choose from so it made it easy to book it according to our plans but just this morning, me and my 4 yo daughter were heading to school for our daddy / daughter breakfast and out of the blue she said " Daddy? I don't want to go to that castle with The Beast". I said "what?" ?!?! I said what makes you think were going there? and she said when we go back to Disney silly! So I asked her why and she said she didn't like it. I asked her if The Beast scared her and she said no. She just didn't like it. So now were looking at another dining option.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

BOG is the best, most LOVELY Cafeteria at the MK.
As DW and I go elsewhere? We wish folks happiness at this 2TS Cafeteria.... with stunning architecture :).
You are absolutely welcome to the table we avoid :). And always have, since this opened :).|

STUNNING building - empty suit.

Again, All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I was able to grab up a dinner spot at BOG very easily for our upcoming September trip. I had every night to choose from so it made it easy to book it according to our plans but just this morning, me and my 4 yo daughter were heading to school for our daddy / daughter breakfast and out of the blue she said " Daddy? I don't want to go to that castle with The Beast". I said "what?" ?!?! I said what makes you think were going there? and she said when we go back to Disney silly! So I asked her why and she said she didn't like it. I asked her if The Beast scared her and she said no. She just didn't like it. So now were looking at another dining option.

Wow, I cannot book till this coming Monday but have been looking 180 days out from the current date and cannot find anything available. I had one for February trip that I had to cancel due to emergency eye surgery and am just hoping I can get one for September. We are going in May and since I booked there has been nothing, (breakfast, lunch or dinner available).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

BOG is the best, most LOVELY Cafeteria at the MK.
As DW and I go elsewhere? We wish folks happiness at this 2TS Cafeteria.... with stunning architecture :).
You are absolutely welcome to the table we avoid :). And always have, since this opened :).|

STUNNING building - empty suit.

Again, All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Yes, you’ve made that abundantly, crystal clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!