So it looks like Be Our Guest is becoming Prix Fixe Meal and 2TS credits...thoughts?

Enlighten me......

Are we saying discussion is now frowned upon?

We? Sure

Discussion is fine. Debate is not. When the discussion turns into detailed line by line discourse with the intent on proving another poster how wrong they are, we have crossed into debate territory

This was a gentle reminder to not let this post dissolve into debate

If that is your thing and you have a willing fellow debater enjoy it in conversation.

Hopefully that cleared it up

We? Sure

Discussion is fine. Debate is not. When the discussion turns into detailed line by line discourse with the intent on proving another poster how wrong they are, we have crossed into debate territory

This was a gentle reminder to not let this post dissolve into debate

If that is your thing and you have a willing fellow debater enjoy it in conversation.

Hopefully that cleared it up

I’ll be sure to clarify in the future whether I’m debating or simply discussing a counterpoint.

And I will be sure to let you know if you veer off

Last edited:

Really disappointed about this. We enjoyed our dinner experience there but it definitely isn't worth 2 table service credit in my opinion. We won't be returning as we had planned. Sad.

Hey, I'm sorry. Wasn't trying to debate or cause hard feelings. I maybe deserved the sarcasm, and maybe my opinion was not helpful to you, but it is just that, an opinion. And as for getting off subject, why I jumped in was the OP was asking about the PRIX FIXE 2TS meal. Not the breakfast or (pretty decent if you can get in) lunch. What I should have said: for STANDARD DDP, using up 2 table service credits for BOG is a waste of money, better to pay with cash especially if you have an AP and TIW card. $55 is just not at the sweet spot for using the dining plan credits. But if you are on the DELUXE DDP, it is fine, since their is too much food anyway, better 2 have 2 meals a day and make one a signature dining for the experience. The OP asked for any thoughts. Apparently mine are invalid. I'm sorry you feel that way. I would hope that a DIS Veteran would be less caustic to someone's opinion. One of my points was that with the new drink option added, it's easier for a QS to go much over $15 value/cost. For instance, (trying to be helpful for those who really want to maximize their credits, not trying to argue): Flame Tree BBQ ($28), Polite Pig ($31), D-Luxe ($23), BOG Breakfast ($28), Geyser Point/Roaring Fork ($23), La Cantina ($23). Mt recommendation (pretend I might be right) is to pay OOP for the less than $15 meals at QS. And TS meals can be likewise maximized, to make even BOG a decent value. So a TS credit is worth between $35-$45, depending on the plan and how you maximize. And the value/cost you get from it may go up to $60 (H&V Dinner for Fantasmic!) or more with drinks. Your mileage of course may vary. I won't bother you again, but I will just read and agree or maybe disagree. A rabbit shouldn't mess with a viking anyway, unless you are in Epcot at Norway o_O

We don't go to WDW to eat. We can do much better food-wise in many other places including our area so we don't worry too much about quality at WDW.

However, we do consider price since we do have to eat. BOG is not (up to this point) worth the price for US. The new menu doesn't look that appealing but I'll reserve judgment until we know more about what others think. I dislike the cost though so it will have to be really good.

My friend has never eaten at this restaurant before and we will be in WDW on her birthday, so we are going. I’ve eaten there for lunch once and dinner twice. Even before prix fixe, it was expensive, but for me, the atmosphere was completely worth it. I know that the main room feels a lot like a cafeteria, but it’s still beautiful. Last year, we were able to eat in the West Wing and it was wonderful. And I enjoyed my food. Now, would I be going again on my own volition for dinner ESPECIALLY right before the start of our MNSSHP when I could be riding rides? No! But it’s her birthday, I literally planned everything, and this was her only request. I’m sure it will be enjoyable. Expensive, but enjoyable!

The food is pretty good here but I wish it had a more extensive menu. I spent around the same at Cali grill and there is no comparison food wise. California grill has food that gives the wow factor.

That’s my only real complaint.

I've never been! One day, though! One day...

my biggest issue with the one time we went to BOG was that yes, it seems like a giant cafeteria. There were too many tables shoved into the space. People weren't acting like it was a nice dinner, the kids were screaming and the parents weren't really trying to corral them. It was just a mess of people and so many didn't seem to wish to respect the place or the people who were trying to enjoy the space and their meal.

It has been set up to be a "fine dining" experience and yes, too many people treat it like a cafeteria. It needs to be one or the other and it seems pretty clear what Disney is trying for it to be.

This isn't the first time that Disney has taken a restaurant that was designed as more of a "pack in the masses, strap on the feed bag, and get out" location into more of a fine dining experience. I think a lot of folks forget that Le Cellier was originally a buffet. I don't think Disney was quite ready for BOG to be the destination it has become. They've finally started making adjustments in order maximize the profit they can squeeze out of the place. I wouldn't be surprised to see the place turned into a full-time table service location in the future

NOT HAPPY AT ALL. This will no longer be a family restaurant. The menu will not be appealing to many. And I don't feel this very iconic place, based on a movie loved so much should change to a menu that is less desirable to the ones that want to be here the most. My daughter and I are going at Christmas for the first time, and this was something she was looking forward to. We are so disappointed.
I don’t have children. But I agree with you!

At 2 credits on the standard DP you are paying $90 for that meal, nowhere NEAR worth it. You are as damn near just burning your money.

NOT HAPPY AT ALL. This will no longer be a family restaurant. The menu will not be appealing to many. And I don't feel this very iconic place, based on a movie loved so much should change to a menu that is less desirable to the ones that want to be here the most. My daughter and I are going at Christmas for the first time, and this was something she was looking forward to. We are so disappointed.

This restaurant although sounds like a great idea, was not a great experience. The sights are great, but the experience for dining was very disappointing. We finally got in last October and it was a serious let down.

There is an entirely new menu for dinner. Could be worth a second shot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!