So Many ADR's, So Little Time...COMPLETE 7/24!

Great review of Homecoming Kitchen! We had fully intended on eating there our last trip, this past Oct 29-Nov 9, but ended up at D-Luxe Burger, which was also amazing, and never got to HK. Will def try it on our next trip! Congratulations on your engagement! Looking forward to reading more of your report!

First of alll.. congratulations on your engagement!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your dining adventures!

Glad to hear the Olivia's review! I have a breakfast booked there in April. - Yum!!

Hope you enjoy it!

Joining in, you have just solidified Homecoming as a must do for our next trip.

Homecoming was amazing, I can't wait to go back!

Congratulations on your engagement. How lovely.

I have just added Art's Homecoming to our list of places to try on our August trip, it looks fabulous.

I loved Homecoming, hope you do too! And thank you, it's been an exciting month since getting engaged :)

Your toast looks delicious!

It was, but it was sweet!

:offtopic:

I know this is a dining review but you made a comment about how gorgeous OKW is. We stay at OKW every year for Christmas and it's just so underrated as a resort. We love it, and even if we could afford to stay at a monorail resort for our whole vacation (16 days) I wouldn't as I can't imagine not staying at OKW. See you again in December OKW

We both loved OKW, and are currently waiting to hear back on our rental request for an 11 night stay next January there!

Joining in. Congrats on your engagement!!

The food at Homecoming looks so yummy!!

Wow! That's an amazing piece of french toast. Looks so yummy!!

I'm going through serious Disney food withdrawal. It was all so delicious!

BEST WISHES!!!!

Thanks!

Great review of Homecoming Kitchen! We had fully intended on eating there our last trip, this past Oct 29-Nov 9, but ended up at D-Luxe Burger, which was also amazing, and never got to HK. Will def try it on our next trip! Congratulations on your engagement! Looking forward to reading more of your report!

Thanks for reading! I've been hearing great things about D-Luxe, but I'm not a huge burger person...Homecoming was definitely the right decision for my food tastes!

First of alll.. congratulations on your engagement!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your dining adventures!

Thank you!

Joining in! Homecoming looks so good! We plan on eating there for dinner on our first night in December, after watching the DIS guys eat there and then seeing your photos I can't wait!

Also congratulations on your engagement!

Joining in! Homecoming looks so good! We plan on eating there for dinner on our first night in December, after watching the DIS guys eat there and then seeing your photos I can't wait!

Also congratulations on your engagement!

Homecoming was so good! I hope you enjoy it!

And thank you!

So, I have been the worst at updating anything on here. I explained about my terrible month over in my actual trip report (link in my signature), but I'm back and ready to get this show on the road again!

January 4, 2017 - Garden Grill Supper

We enjoyed this meal so much on our January 2016 trip that we made it one of the few repeat restaurants on our January 2017 trip. We also figured it would be a good option for the night before our 5km race - not that a 5km is that hard, but I knew I didn't want to be eating greasy, deep-fried foods the night before my first ever runDisney event.

We checked in for our 4:50 reservation pretty much on time, and didn't wait long before being led to our table - a 4 seater on the top level (same as the year before). According to the time stamp on the following picture, we were at our table by 4:56 (with a cute hidden Mickey formed out of a plate and 2 bowls).

IMG_3311-e1490203589573-225x300.jpg

DSCN1781-225x300.jpg

For those not familiar, Garden Grill is a pre-set menu served at your table family style. The restaurant itself revolves around The Land - but it is very slow and you barely notice the movement.

The first thing your server brings to your table are the warm buns - which are fairly basic, but I will rarely complain about warm white bread served with soft butter!

DSCN1779-300x225.jpg

Next up is the salad, some of which is made with ingredients grown by Disney themselves. Immediately, we placed all of the egg, the radishes and the cherry tomatoes on Luke's plate, I don't like any of those things haha. But, there's still plenty in this salad for me to eat - fresh mixed greens, cucumbers, bacon!, shredded carrots, etc. I also like the light dressing they put on this. I'm pretty sure we cleaned out this entire bowl.

DSCN1780-300x225.jpg

Then the main platter comes out - turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, sausage and pot roast. The presentation was different from the previous trip, and the beef option was different, but everything was still so delicious!

DSCN1785-300x225.jpg

They also drop off some side dishes - sweet potato fries and mac n' cheese with Goldfish crackers.

DSCN1784-300x225.jpg

Since it is a family-style meal, you can ask for seconds of any item you wish - we asked for more green beans and pot roast. We were both hungry clearly - here's the empty plate that had our second helping of beef and beans haha -

DSCN1786-300x225.jpg

I tried the mac and cheese again this year - I'm still not a huge fan... The sweet potato fries are ok, but kind of unnecessary with everything else. The mashed potatoes were good and creamy, the turkey was nothing special, but we ate it all, the gravy on it was fairly standard turkey gravy. The stuffing was good. I let Luke eat all of the sausage, since I'm not a huge fan (and it wasn't huge anyways). The green beans were clearly cooked in lots of butter/oil - making them delicious! And the pot roast was so tender - yum!

Once you're stuffed, they bring out dessert:

DSCN1788-300x225.jpg

A mixed berry shortcake. This is sooo good! There are large sugar granules on the cake which is just so amazing mixed with the tartness of the berries. We weren't able to finish this, but we made a decent dent in it!

Of course, this is also a character meal! So while you are eating, Chip, Dale, Pluto and Farmer Mickey are making their rounds to say hello.

IMG_3314-e1490203605288-225x300.jpg
IMG_3317-e1490203748472-225x300.jpg

This was the tiniest little Mickey! I'm only 5'2, and you can see above that I'm taller than this Cast Member...

IMG_3322-e1490205183718-225x300.jpg
IMG_3327-e1490205288452-225x300.jpg

IMG_3329-e1490205352913-300x300.jpg

We have more pictures with the characters, but they are on Luke's phone so I will need to get him to airdrop them to me.

This is not a cheap meal, as with all character meals the cost is $45/person. You leave stuffed though! We will definitely eat there again at some point.

Also - there is a hidden Mickey in the mural on one wall. It's a tough one, but once you see it, you can't un-see it!

DSCN1791-300x225.jpg

I'm so happy you're posting again. I hope all is well! :hug:

I am excited to try AS Homecoming! We're going there in May. Your meal looks really good! The mashed potatoes look great. I will probably get that over mac n cheese because I like the fake mac n cheese they have in the parks, LOL.
Your Olivia's breakfast looks lovely. I've always wanted to stay at OKW. It seems like such a pretty, relaxing place.

We had the same experience at Garden Grill! I've always enjoyed it. Although I was confused about the sausage, but hey, DH liked it enough. I did like the pot roast and I'm not a super huge pot roast fan...I think I prefer my red meat as a steak. That dessert though...sooo good! And now I'll have to look for the hidden Mickey!

Looking forward to more!

I'm so happy you're posting again. I hope all is well! :hug:

I am excited to try AS Homecoming! We're going there in May. Your meal looks really good! The mashed potatoes look great. I will probably get that over mac n cheese because I like the fake mac n cheese they have in the parks, LOL.

Homecoming was amazing! We loved it so much, it's more than likely going to be where our wedding reception is going to be held :cloud9:

Your Olivia's breakfast looks lovely. I've always wanted to stay at OKW. It seems like such a pretty, relaxing place.

OKW was not my first choice (or my second, or my third, etc haha), but Luke fell in love with the pictures of it so we stayed there for him. I ended up loving it as well, it's so pretty, Olivia's was fantastic and I loved the boat ride you could take to Disney Springs!

We had the same experience at Garden Grill! I've always enjoyed it. Although I was confused about the sausage, but hey, DH liked it enough. I did like the pot roast and I'm not a super huge pot roast fan...I think I prefer my red meat as a steak. That dessert though...sooo good! And now I'll have to look for the hidden Mickey!

Looking forward to more!

Garden Grill is easily our #2 character meal at WDW! (Tusker House is #1).

Great review of GG. Pot roast is one of my favorites so I am sure that's what I would have had 2nds of too.

It was so good!

Okay inquiring minds would like to know... where's the hidden Mickey?!

It's a tricky one to see. It's a 3/4 profile and he's looking slightly downwards, in behind that fern. His mouth is slightly open...

Untitled.png

I missed it too!

See picture above ^

I think she means the place setting? The plate is the head and the bowls are the ears?

That was the obvious one :thumbsup2 But there's a fairly well hidden one in the mural on the wall. See the picture above where I circled the Mickey

First let me say Congrats!

Every Homecoming review makes me put it higher and higher on my must list for this fall! Now I just have to talk my Disney buddy into it! Looking forward to reading more of your trip.

First let me say Congrats!

Every Homecoming review makes me put it higher and higher on my must list for this fall! Now I just have to talk my Disney buddy into it! Looking forward to reading more of your trip.

Thanks for reading! And thanks for the congratulations :)

Homecoming is so amazing, I can't recommend it enough!

Peco's Bill's - January 5, 2017

After our crazy early morning and completing my first ever 5km, and a few busy hours at Magic Kingdom, we realized we were hungry. So, we had to go to one of our favourite quick service locations – Peco’s Bills!

Luke decided to keep it the same as last year, and ordered the fajita platter – with barbacoa beef and chicken, cilantro rice, beans, and tortillas, $14.99.

IMG_3409.jpg

The main difference from 2016 to 2017 was the meat. In 2016, we had a choice of beef or chicken, but in 2017 you receive both on the platter. I believe you can still request all one or the other, but it’s nice to have the option of both!

I went for an option that wasn’t on the menu in 2016 – the beef nachos – tortilla chips topped with seasoned ground beef, tomatoes and lettuce, $11.99. Of course I requested mine sans tomato – because gross!

The nachos do not come with cheese, but this is a very easy fix – Peco’s Bill’s has a really fantastic “fixin’s bar” – they have little plastic cups and self-serve salsa, shredded cheese, guac, sour cream, etc. Here’s our food and tray after our visit to the fixin’s:

IMG_3408.jpg

Not pictured is the large Coke we purchased to share, $3.29.

We didn’t realize until we sat down just how tired we were. It had been such an early morning, and once we sat down, it took awhile before we were ready to stand up again haha.

This meal was fantastic once again, and easily remains one of our favourite food options at Magic Kingdom! I love that the fajitas are build your own – so you can add as much or as little as you’d like (you receive 3 flour tortillas – that’s what’s inside that tin foil), and the nachos were super basic – which is right up my alley!

Our total cost for both of us was $32.24.​

Peco's Bill's - January 5, 2017

After our crazy early morning and completing my first ever 5km, and a few busy hours at Magic Kingdom, we realized we were hungry. So, we had to go to one of our favourite quick service locations – Peco’s Bills!

Luke decided to keep it the same as last year, and ordered the fajita platter – with barbacoa beef and chicken, cilantro rice, beans, and tortillas, $14.99.

IMG_3409.jpg

The main difference from 2016 to 2017 was the meat. In 2016, we had a choice of beef or chicken, but in 2017 you receive both on the platter. I believe you can still request all one or the other, but it’s nice to have the option of both!

I went for an option that wasn’t on the menu in 2016 – the beef nachos – tortilla chips topped with seasoned ground beef, tomatoes and lettuce, $11.99. Of course I requested mine sans tomato – because gross!

The nachos do not come with cheese, but this is a very easy fix – Peco’s Bill’s has a really fantastic “fixin’s bar” – they have little plastic cups and self-serve salsa, shredded cheese, guac, sour cream, etc. Here’s our food and tray after our visit to the fixin’s:

IMG_3408.jpg

Not pictured is the large Coke we purchased to share, $3.29.

We didn’t realize until we sat down just how tired we were. It had been such an early morning, and once we sat down, it took awhile before we were ready to stand up again haha.

This meal was fantastic once again, and easily remains one of our favourite food options at Magic Kingdom! I love that the fajitas are build your own – so you can add as much or as little as you’d like (you receive 3 flour tortillas – that’s what’s inside that tin foil), and the nachos were super basic – which is right up my alley!

Our total cost for both of us was $32.24.​
I've always wanted to try Peco bills the food looks good!

That's generally my opinion of tomatoes, too!!!

IMG_3408.jpg

First of all, how do you call something nachos and not put cheese on it? Secondly, that looks great, and like so much food! We are planning to do Cosmic Ray's for dinner at MK, but maybe I should re-think that!

Joining in terribly late but loving all your food pics. Homecomin' is a gem. I loved the chicken but missed out on the Shine Cake in order to nosh on the Pecan Pie. It was heavenly. :cloud9: You are doing a wonderful job with your reviews! Go Canada :thumbsup2

Thanks for your review of Homecomin'! We have 2 reservations in a couple of weeks and I'm dying to try it!

Congrats!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!