So much for Spur of the moment vacation

jimpens70

Earning My Ears
I was looking to go to WDW the week after Thanksgiving for a 5 day vacation, but alas no rooms available, I dont want to spend alot and was looking at value or moderate resorts. So much for spur of the moment vacations. I guess there is really no slower time of the year anymore, the week after Thanksgiving was one of the best times to go as the rush from Thanksgiving was over and the Christmas rush did not start yet. With all the hotels there and nothing available how could they say they are losing money.

When did Disney ever say they were losing money on parks and resorts? Based on their last report, Parks and Resorts revenue and operating income are up by 12% and 18% respectively and the domestic parks saw attendance growth and increased guest spending. Are you referring to ESPN dragging the entire Walt Disney Company down? That has no bearing on park and resort revenues.

Check for agency exclusive deals. I see some that go thru 11/26 and then new ones start 12/1. Just google...

Not sure it would be any better but if you want to do DVC you can go through one of the sites to book. That may have some flexibility. Good luck!!

I was looking to go to WDW the week after Thanksgiving for a 5 day vacation, but alas no rooms available, I dont want to spend alot and was looking at value or moderate resorts. So much for spur of the moment vacations. I guess there is really no slower time of the year anymore, the week after Thanksgiving was one of the best times to go as the rush from Thanksgiving was over and the Christmas rush did not start yet. With all the hotels there and nothing available how could they say they are losing money.

Yeah, I'm shocked by the lack of availability.

Prices are up, discounts down, and availability is like 0. Especially if you are looking for just weekends.

Check night by night. Book. Check a couple of times each day. Book the new resort then cancel the other one. When you finally get the resort you want, same room type call guest services and have them combined. DVC has virtually no studio or one bedroom availability through at least end of year.

Not too long ago there was a glitch with Disney’s reservation system. When someone would book a stay at one resort (say Pop Century), in addition to that reservation, it would automatically reserve a stay for the same timeframe at a completely different resort (like Caribbean Beach)making it appear like all the resorts were filling up. You might want to try calling. Good luck!

Not sure it would be any better but if you want to do DVC you can go through one of the sites to book. That may have some flexibility. Good luck!!
haha, no. Not unless someone happens to have a confirmed reservation they're renting out. DVC availability has been stank for months.

Not too long ago there was a glitch with Disney’s reservation system. When someone would book a stay at one resort (say Pop Century), in addition to that reservation, it would automatically reserve a stay for the same timeframe at a completely different resort (like Caribbean Beach)making it appear like all the resorts were filling up. You might want to try calling. Good luck!

how was that ever verified?

Summer is now a slower time of year than fall. You can get a last minute room in July (except July 4th) without a problem.

I looked at 11/26-11/30 and found multiple options including Pop, CBR and Saratoga. So it may depend on what dates you're looking at...

I just saw a commercial from Disney advertising packages for that time period so doubt they would pay for commercials if they are totally booked. So I’d try again or call.

Yeah, I'm shocked by the lack of availability.

Prices are up, discounts down, and availability is like 0. Especially if you are looking for just weekends.

With 1500 less rooms in the inventory compared to last year, I'm not surprised some are having issues.

The dates im looking for are checking in on Nov 26 and check out on Dec 2
The 1-2 you start running into Pop Warner groups and similar. At this point, even a split stay is going to he hard after 11/30. Consider off-site; I saw plenty on Expedia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter