So my brother and SIL decided just now to go to Epcot right now

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
My brother calls text today and states I'm going to Florida. I replied right now? Yep they rented a car and are driving from IL. No plans they would like to do Epcot Friday, then universal and Atlantic Ocean.
We chatted a bit after they got thru Chattanooga. They are going to just look for a cheap hotel Thursday and Friday with Epcot on Friday. They have no other interest for Disney.

I found them universal portofino for Sunday they will get seasonal passes and do FOTL Sunday/Monday. Sat was available but it disappeared while they thought about it but Sunday opened up and was cheaper.
They plan to just roam around FL, they think they might return to universal that is why they will get seasonal passes and cabana bay is available for $99 a night after Sunday.

Sounds great!

For all the planning many of us do ... just "winging it" has some great merits. I hope they have a blast!

Reactions: Kae

I would double check that...there is a concert sat and sun at universal. Concerts are blackout dates. And the week around christmas is also blocked. I have seasonal.

9A05E310-DC86-4812-AB3F-8B41BD72D38C.jpeg

Ok so Studios will be blocked on Sunday the 17th because of the concert. But they can go to IOA since it’s not blocked until the 21st. Monday the 18th seems to be clear for either park though.

So for their purposes it seems to be ok as long as they know they can’t hit Studios Sunday.

I agree. I am spontaneous, too. But my spontaneity starts 11 months out.

My spontaneity started 23 months out.

I had to educate myself, buy into DVC, educate myself, bank the points, and educate myself to make sure I'll be ready at 8 AM 1/27/18. Our first DVC vacation will be in a 2BR BLT LV from 12/27/19 to 1/5/19.

DW, ODD, YDD, and I have been to WDW once. We can't wait to share the magic with DS, DIL, GS1, and GS2, who will join us for their first WDW experience.
:smickey:

Under the Christmas tree is a special Magicband for each of us which reflects each's Disney favorite.

Talk about deferred gratification!

They have returned. They did Epcot Friday said they saw everything they wanted by 4pm and that it was not too busy.
Saturday they were at coco beach all day. Sunday they were at IOA with FOTL, Monday they did universal. They said Monday they were filming at Universal and they had all the roller coasters up front not running because they were filming at that park and the coasters were too noisey.
They decided they wanted to go check out the smoky mountains on their way home so they traveled towards home starting Wednesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter