So Pete’s a licenced Real Estate Agent...

If I could give anyone advice... it would be not to move to Florida. I've been here for a bit of time, and I completely agree with you... bad traffic, bad drivers, bad insect population, a lot of bad attitudes, and just about no one from Florida is from Florida. Oh yeah, the population spikes in the "winter" months (at least where I live).

As soon as I don't HAVE to be here, I won't be here. The only shining point is access to Disney, which I also think is minimal, because half the fun of going to Disney used to be the anticipation and travel getting here.

...Not that I'm bitter

I agree as well. Being originally from the south I know what living in a hot area is all about. Living in Orlando, however the heat and humidity are stifling for 7 months of the year and the traffic is bad all of the time. I equate an Orlando summer to a Northern Michigan winter. You just hate going any place, because your car heats up and it takes your entire trip for it to cool down. After living there for a couple of years, the magic of going to WDW just seemed to disappear. Living in Orlando began to be nothing more than just living in any large city, with large city problems. At first with annual passes, we went once a week, then every other week, then once a month, then every other month then usually twice a year during the least crowded times, then we dropped our annual passes altogether. What was amazing, after leaving Orlando and Florida, it took several years, but the magic came back and we now look forward to going back once a year.

Last edited:
I agree as well. Being originally from the south I know what living a hot area is all about. Living in Orlando, however the heat and humidity are stifling for 7 months of the year and the traffic is bad all of the time. I equate an Orlando summer to a Northern Michigan winter. You just hate going any place, because your car heats up and it takes your entire trip for it to cool down. After living there for a couple of years, the magic of going to WDW just seemed to disappear. Living in Orlando began to be nothing more than just living in any large city, with large city problems. At first with annual passes, we went once a week, then every other week, then once a month, then every other month then usually twice a year during the least crowded times. What was amazing, after leaving Orlando and Florida, it took several years, but the magic came back and we now look forward to going back once a year.

I didn't like you at first, but you agreed with me, so now I do :) ... and you have no right to be mad at me for saying that :)

I didn't like you at first, but you agreed with me, so now I do :) ... and you have no right to be mad at me for saying that :)
What's amazing, several years ago during the audio podcast only days, right after Bob died, when the team consisted of only Pete, Kevin, John, Corey and Julie, I can remember the team talking about and discouraging anyone from moving to Orlando for the same exact reasons I just mentioned. I can also remember them discussing how they rarely ever went to the parks, because they had personal lives and other things going on. Amazing how things change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter