so Pete/John, now that you're back from PCC 3.0.......

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
i know that you still have PCC 4.0 coming up, but isn't it time to start planning for PCC 5.0????????

maybe an allure/oasis cruise this time?

or maybe a Magic in the Mediterranean cruise???? (oh yeah, i really like the sound of that one)...

inquiring minds want to know!!! (and i'm so desperate to finally get on board with you all!!!!)

:surfweb:

Not-Podcast Cruise 1.0 will be on the Oasis if I'm not mistaken. I think the announcement is in last weeks News and Rapid fire segment. So you seem to be in luck!

froggy5657 said:
Not-Podcast Cruise 1.0 will be on the Oasis if I'm not mistaken. I think the announcement is in last weeks News and Rapid fire segment. So you seem to be in luck!

I must have missed that!
Wouldn't be the first time I missed something!!

Yep. Not-Podcast cruise 1.0, on the Oasis of the Seas, Jun 29th, 2013. 7 night Eastern Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale, or they may be doing pre-days at WDW and a bus down to the cruise. Contact Tracey H for info!

I can't believe they picked another cruise that goes to Nassau, though! Of all the itineraries...

Sayhello

Yep. Not-Podcast cruise 1.0, on the Oasis of the Seas, Jun 29th, 2013. 7 night Eastern Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale, or they may be doing pre-days at WDW and a bus down to the cruise. Contact Tracey H for info!

I can't believe they picked another cruise that goes to Nassau, though! Of all the itineraries...

Sayhello

thanks for the info!! hmmm.....anyone know what's a good cabin on the oasis? deck? location? category?

i'll contact Tracey - she's my agent on my october cruise! :)

so any chance of a podcast 5.0 to the mediterranean? for entirely selfish reasons, i'm hoping for that (it would be soooooooo easy for me to get to!!)

thanks for the info!! hmmm.....anyone know what's a good cabin on the oasis? deck? location? category?

i'll contact Tracey - she's my agent on my october cruise! :)

so any chance of a podcast 5.0 to the mediterranean? for entirely selfish reasons, i'm hoping for that (it would be soooooooo easy for me to get to!!)
You're welcome.

At least based on what Pete said in the Podcast, I wouldn't count on Podcast 5.0 for 2013. He made it sound like they were going to alternate years, DCL one year, another line the next. At least that's what it sounded like to me.

Sayhello

You're welcome.

At least based on what Pete said in the Podcast, I wouldn't count on Podcast 5.0 for 2013. He made it sound like they were going to alternate years, DCL one year, another line the next. At least that's what it sounded like to me.

Sayhello

well maybe some of the podcasters will hop on one of the med cruises like Kevin/John are doing on the Magic out of New York..
that would be fun too! :)

What would 12 night Med. cruise be like? Besides expensive?

We had booked a Med cruise for 2013 and after taking the Med Cruise last month...we canceled it.

We found that we didn't have enough time in the cities we visited.

Two of the ports (Rome and Florence) were an hour to 1 1/2 hours travel time in each direction.

It was as if we were getting just a taste of each city and then leaving again.

We much prefer the "ABD" style of touring where you get to spend some time in each place. Granted, it's still not enough time but there is less of a "pillage and flee" feeling.

Depending on what category you book for the cruise, the pricing can be fairly close to the cost of an ABD trip.

We had booked a Med cruise for 2013 and after taking the Med Cruise last month...we canceled it.

Two of the ports (Rome and Florence) were an hour to 1 1/2 hours travel time in each direction.

We much prefer the "ABD" style of touring where you get to spend some time in each place. Granted, it's still not enough time but there is less of a "pillage and flee" feeling.

Depending on what category you book for the cruise, the pricing can be fairly close to the cost of an ABD trip.

I agree about needing more time in Rome and Florence than you get on the typical Mediterranean cruise. My DH and I were on a Celebrity Med cruise in May that didn't go as far north as Florence, but did stop in Civitavecchia. We opted to fly to Rome at the beginning of the trip and spend 3 nights there and 2 nights in Florence. When the ship stopped in Civitavecchia, we did a tour with RomeInLimo to Orvieto and Civita de Bagnoregio rather than spend a few hours in Rome. Although our ship overnighted in Venice at the end, we stayed one additional night before leaving Italy.

You're welcome.

Sayhello

Since the Dream and Fantasy's 2013 cruises have been available to book since last fall, I could see a possible 5.0 announced when the 2014 cruises are available to book sometime this fall.

it's true of cruising in general other than to places like the Bahamas/Caribbean where the ports aren't very interesting or Alaska where there are places you can only get to by water...

but if i were to go on a med cruise, it would be more for the cruise than the ports (since i've been to most if not all of the ports)....

as for ABD, i'm still hoping to make it on one of those...
has ABD added a Japan itinerary yet?
i was thinking about that today....i would either arrive early or stay late (or both)...i actually started planning a trip in my head as i trudged away on the elliptical trainer (there wasn't anything good on TV to distract me from the task at hand - so trip fantasizing was it!)

DisneyKevin said:

You know Kevin, I hadn't thought of that!
I'm a Europe veteran but the DH is not and he was all excited to do the med. I'm gonna try to look at possibly saving some money by using some of our dvc points to get onto an ABD tour. I think much more enriching for what we'd want to do. Leave dcl for Carib/Alaska/Hawaii for now.

This is good perspective to have. We have toyed with the idea of a Med cruise as possibly being an easier way to see Europe with the kids but maybe an ABD focused on one country would be more rewarding. If we take one kid at a time, Brian and I would get 3 ABDs out of it!

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter