So this year is not a good idea as Star Wars is coming next year right?

Star wars is probably goong to result in shoulder-to-shoulder crowds for some time.

This is a great year to enjoy the park before all hell breaks loose.

Oh yes! I so do agree with your assessment and comment. :)

We moved our trip up to this year to avoid Star Wars. Of course we are going in December so it'll be busy anyway....

We took a trip this year instead of next because of the opening of the new land. Has anyone heard rumors of when it may open next year? Spring, summer?

Considering sneaking in a spring trip next year without the kids if it's not going to open until the summer. Once it's open, we plan on avoiding the parks for a year or so.

To the OP: this is not the first time you've posted asking this question. Are you trying to convince yourself of something?? ;) Plan your trip for when the dates work best for you and your mother. Whatever happens in the parks is going to happen regardless of that, so focus on what will work best for you and plan from there.

I was thinking next year when it opens would be a good time to do Universal/ Harry Potter . I would think SWL would bring in the crowds, leaving low attendance at the other parks !

I think SWL will bring in even bigger crowds for a while, so we’re going this year and hoping for the best.

But it will make it easier to convince the family to make another trip in a few years!

If you are a Star Wars fan and you want to see that, then yes, it is a good idea to wait until next summer. I would still go this summer when Main Street is done and Pixar Pier is done. Then, while at the parks, I would make notes of what I wanted to do, but it was closed, line to long, etc and make sure to go back late summer, or fall next year and do the things I missed!

If you are a Star Wars fan and you want to see that, then yes, it is a good idea to wait until next summer. I would still go this summer when Main Street is done and Pixar Pier is done. Then, while at the parks, I would make notes of what I wanted to do, but it was closed, line to long, etc and make sure to go back late summer, or fall next year and do the things I missed!
I guess what I am asking is should I go to Disneyland or see Frozen on Broadway want to stick to one coast. Even though my sister lives in San Francisco well okay fine Palo Alto . It might be possible to take them to NYC?

If this is what you wanted to ask, then you might want to change the title of your post to reflect that so that you will get accurate answers.
decision made. I am going to announce it on Sunday 4th of March. Stay tuned! There was a reason why I asked that question that way

Our APs expire in Nov. and we will NOT be renewing. We will not do another DLR trip for 3-5 years because of Star Wars land. Just too much chaos. We are using those years to do Universal/Knotts. So much cheaper too.

Looks like you decided already, but personally, I will avoid Disneyland when Star Wars opens for probably a year or two, unless they have any private parties that I feel like going to. I have no desire to be around bigger crowds than I already deal with when I go there.

I was thinking next year when it opens would be a good time to do Universal/ Harry Potter . I would think SWL would bring in the crowds, leaving low attendance at the other parks !

Perhaps...or people will come for Star Wars and also go visit Harry Potter. To locals HP will be old news, but for tourists who haven't been in a while HP could be a draw. We haven't been to see HP yet.

Our APs expire in Nov. and we will NOT be renewing. We will not do another DLR trip for 3-5 years because of Star Wars land. Just too much chaos. We are using those years to do Universal/Knotts. So much cheaper too.

I thought for a second when I read this post, I wrote this and forgot I wrote it! LOL This is exactly our family too. With this latest price increase and the renewal discount gone, the value for APs is gone for us. The only way we will go to Disneyland in the next couple of years will be because there is a smoking deal for tickets, rooms, etc. Otherwise, we will use and abuse our passes we have now, and enjoy other amusement parks, see other sites around the great USA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter