So whats the deal with DLP and photopass?

Sparkie

DIS Veteran
My DD went to DLP July 30, 2017. She had a few photos made by the photopass photographers and received a plastic card. We thought this card would link the photos to our photopass throught WDW but after contacting WDW it will not. WDW provided me with the contact information for DLP photopass. It took several days and several emails but I was able to reach a DLP photopass team member who told me my photos had been found and saved and that someone would contact me. I waited a few more days. No contact. So I emailed again. This time the response was in large font, bolded red print and stated that my photos had been saved, that they (photopass) were very busy with other requests and that someone from the mail order team would contact me. The next email I got had the thumbnails for the photos and pricing. I was to tell them which photos I wanted and give a phone number so they could contact me for payment. It has been 10 days since the last email. Im still waiting on them to contact me. I'll probably never get these photos and Im really sad.

Photopass costs around 60euros and allows you to collect photos throughout the duration of your trip (maximum of 10 days). These are uploaded to the photopass app or you can access them using the photopass.eu website - http://www.disneyphotopass.eu/ -- on the back of the photopass will be a 16 digit reference which you assign to your account to view the photos.

I can't work out from your post whether you paid for the actual photopass detailed above or whether you have just been given a photo card from the photographers. The latter requires you to take it to a photo collection counter within the park so that you can purchase print outs of the photos. They can normally only access the photos for 24 hours so if they've told you they've been able to locate them then that is a good sign!

She just had the card. She did not pay for the photopass while she was at DLP. I tried to enter the 16 digit number from the card onto the DLP photopass app and it would not work.

I did send another email and did get a response. They said they were waiting on my payment. So it sounds like they are waiting for me to call them even though the way I read the nasty email was dont call us we will call you. Since I am physically in the United States and DD is physically in Germany and has no plans to return to DLP, I am going to make a very expensive phone call and hope I get someone who speaks English and isnt rude.

olafLover, I stand corrected. You are right. They did not have to help me by saving the photos but they did. And sometimes maybe the translation makes the conversation seem rude or abrupt. I have received another email. I thought they were going to contact me but the way the last email reads; I think they were waiting on me to contact them. So I apologize DLP photopass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!