Soarin Preference?

• California

Votes: 76 96.2%
  • World

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
I am wondering what you guys prefer from Soarin. California or World. I personally prefer California. The new world version makes me always feel sick and lightheaded after. I also think the CGI looks silly and not the best quality. Also the transitions are just bad.
i wish they would do one side Cali and the other World so you can choose.
What are your thoughts?

I'm usually all for change, but I prefer California. The distortion on the new one is almost too much to handle if you're not sitting directly in the middle. I also felt like the California one was more cohesive than the new one, which just feels more random.

I can't say I have a strong preference, but I do miss certain aspects of the Cali version, like the orange scent. I do like the new, park-specific endings. It's a tossup for me.

The eagle that flies up from the bottom of the screen during one of the transitions literally made me scream at WDW when we were there in February, lol. That was my first time seeing the World version.

I have to say, the new one is more hokey. All I could think of was Karl Pilkington from An Idiot Abroad during the Great Wall and Taj Mahal scenes, haha.

I have to cover my nose in the World version - the dirt/elephants and also the flowers at the Taj Mahal are too much for my allergies. Never had that problem in the California version.

California 100%. We really really miss the smell of oranges. Also, the new one is too CGI and fake looking. We like the new one, but it is definitely a step down in quality from the old one. The distortion drives us nuts. Not a big fan of the Leaning Tower of Paris.

I definitely preferred the California version! However since last trip when my son rode it for the first time he was hooked so we do it a lot when there. It was so cute, he actually thought we flew out into the world (didn’t realise it was a screen) and insisted on calling my sister to tell her we stopped back in Sydney to see her haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts