Sofa Beds

nmc29

Earning My Ears
Hi!

We are staying at Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower & Animal Kingdom Kidani soon and have the studio in each. After we booked, my mom decided she wanted to come along. It will be myself, my husband, my mom and my son (11). How comfortable is the sofa bed? Do I need to get a mattress topper?

You really need a larger unit, 4 in a studio, you will only have 1 queen and a double sofa bed. Good luck.

The beds tend to be on the harder side. I personally have no problem with them but those that like a more cushy bed will,

Just be prepared for tight accommodations at BLT if you hsve not stayed there before,

I did with 4 my first year with DVC and won’t ever again,

I'm 70 and hate those sleeper sofas. That's why the only studios we ever stay in is OKW with two real queen beds. Who is going to share with your mom? BLT and Kidani won't have the bunk sized murphy bed.

BLT will be awful for three adults and one almost teen.

Okw is the only studio i would stay with that arrangement. Put mom in one bed, almost teen on a blow up. Plenty of room there. Tip- ear plugs and if I was staying, late night at gurgling suitcase while everybody else gets settled in. pirate:

On family trips, I have stayed in plenty of hotel rooms with 4 adults and it has not been a problem. While it might be a tight fit, everyone has different levels of comfort being in close quarters. I wouldn’t put mom on the sofa bed, but don’t let people make you feel like you can’t make it work at some of those resorts. Some families might not be fine, but others, like mine, would be. Have a great trip!

I would assume the 11 year old might share a bed with grandma. My kids have done it staying over grandma’s house too. I would assume if the mom wants to travel with them knowing she is sharing a bedroom, it is not a big deal to them. For some folks, the room is just a place to wash up and to sleep at night. If that is the expectation from everyone, all of the studios they mentioned would likely be just fine.

My mom will share with my son (11). Like I said, we booked before she decided to come along. Since we rented points, upgrading isn't really an option. Hoping to make do with what we have and if we need to get an air mattress or something, we will.

Poly might be a good choice. The Murphy bed is surprisingly comfy, and Poly studios are massive.

My mom will share with my son (11). Like I said, we booked before she decided to come along. Since we rented points, upgrading isn't really an option. Hoping to make do with what we have and if we need to get an air mattress or something, we will.
Air mattress won't fit at BLT. Once that sofa bed is out, tiiiiiiiiight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter