Solo cruise

wuzfuz

Walking the beat
:moped: Hi folks. Just wondering if any solos out there have ever gone on a cruise and what their experiences were like. I would like to go on one but I'm a little shy about doing it alone. I would appreciate any feedback anyone may have. Thanks. :Pinkbounc

I have done 10 Disney cruises (8 on the Wonder and 2 on the Magic), with 5 of them being completely solo and 2 having friends on that sailing but still solo in my stateroom. I loved it. Only one of those cruises was difficult, and that was when DCL inadvertantly assigned me to dine wth a Family Reunion! I ended up dining alone one evening, with the Forward Engineer another, and the Cruise Sales Director another.

I am a female of 53, love everything Disney, and don't mind my own company (meaning I don't go crazy being solo). If the latter two items apply to you, and you don't mind paying the higher price for a cabin to yourself, I'd say go for it and enjoy. Just make certain they do not assign you to dine with a Family Reunion or with only one family who may not want to share their vacation (dining room experiences) with an "outsider." :smooth:

<I>{Edited to make an addition.}</I>

wuzfuz said:
:moped: Hi folks. Just wondering if any solos out there have ever gone on a cruise and what their experiences were like. I would like to go on one but I'm a little shy about doing it alone. I would appreciate any feedback anyone may have. Thanks. :Pinkbounc

I've been on 5 Disney cruises and have 5 more scheduled. All solo and great fun. Take a notebook and make a project out of it...Write notes about how each aspect of the cruise affected you as a solo and ask around if anyone else on the cruise had similar experiences. Eat at Palo on one of the first nights...You'll never feel alone on the cruise again... Take group excursions, join the cruise meets board under the dates of your cruise and get to know some people before your cruise...schedule some activities with them....
It's a blast!
:wave2:

Ah, but YOU are not really solo, Lynda . . . You always have Cash, The Wonder Dog for company! :cool1:

Give him a HUG for me! :love2:

I've been wondering about this same issue. Thanks for raising the question.

ive been wondering the same thing..although not completely solo..my family will be there, but my brother will have a friend with him and my parents will have their own room,,so id basically be by myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter