Solo Disney World Trip | September 2016

Fandomlife

Earning My Ears
During the first two weeks of September I went on a solo trip to Disney World. One Man. 14 days. Disney World. At first I thought I was crazy, then when I compared it to other solo options it started to make more sense. Then I had a bad first day. A awful experience at customs.

I thought it was all a bad idea. Then it kicked in on day two and it got better and better.

I could spend ages trying to explain this in words, but the journey is better seen in video.

I'm up to day four, see the playlist for all of the videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG2BRwAznUo7nKxMyE8LrdUrvbSiZW24p

While I probably wouldn't do the solo thing again, not because it wasn't amazing, but just because I've been there and done that, I'm certainly interested in how other people's solo trips went and helping if anyone wants any advice regarding if they are thinking of doing it!

The second day was one I was determined to make a go off as if this day didn't work out the holiday would risk heading into a downward spiral.

Having recovered and hit the holiday stride in day two....I move on to Hollywood Studios and the glorious Fantastmic!

Day #4 and I visit one of my favourite places, essentially my Magic Kingdom....The Animal Kindgom!

So sorry for your experience at Customs, And a rainy start for your vacation. Im just on watching Day 1 but it looks like it did get better for you. Last year I spent 1 day Solo at Disney and I had Broken my wrist 2 days before but Magically once your at Disney most of your worries disappear. Oh and maybe you had a Wheelchair Accessible Room because of the bigger bathroom and grab bars in it.

I'm back. I was really tired when I hit day 5. I flowed on through and had a great day at Kennedy Space Centre. I was *really* tired though. Like ridiculously tired.

I needed to rest as I knew I was going to Universal on day 7. So I decided just to amble about. I had an amble around Disney Springs....
It's changed and I got totally lost, then I walked to Old Key West from Disney Springs....
...and finally I watched the Star Wars Fireworks!

Day 7 was fantastic. I must admit one of the surprising things about the trip was how LITTLE things had changed considering I last went 9 years ago. That was Disney. Universal has changed a lot, both in terms of the addition of Harry Potter to Islands of Adventure and Universal itself feels like it's been gutted and replaced! This is good. I happen to think the single best thing across the board in Orlando at the moment is the Harry Potter sections of Universal - the best ride is The Forbidden Journey, the theme detail is far beyond what Disney is currently doing (albeit they may come back with the additions they have stacked up).

This is good, as if the differences between 2007 and 2016 in Disney are anything to go by they need the competition!

Kong was disappointing though.

Harry Potter

And more Islands of Adventure

A brief look around Universal Studios

I am loving this trip report. I see there haven't been any more entries for 2017. Will you be adding them?

I have spent the last several days reading your trip report and enjoyed it very much. I had had a solo trip planned for the end of Nov this year but have since invited my sister to come along. Our travel styles are quite different so I am hoping it will go well.

My favourite park is also AK and will be even more so with Avatar opening. Then I would have to put Epcot, Mk and then DHS? I appreciate the review of Pop Century as the first half of our trip will be there before we finish off with POR.

I was sorry to hear about your hassles at the airport and I am not looking forward going through customs. Customs and our low dollar has me planning my next trips in Canada.

I am from British Columbia, Canada, and if you ever do make it to Canada, I suggest you tour the Banff area, drive the Alberta ice fields and then head to BC, taking in Vancouver and Victoria. BC is beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter