Solo in the summer, 2nd edition!! An August 2017 PTR updated with changes to day 3 and 4. Aug/14

I have breakfast booked at Boma this morning which I am super excited about after reading recent fabulous reviews from other Disers.

Yum!!! This looks and sounds amazing!! I'm sure you will love it.

I am going to MNSSHP!!!!!!!! I really think this is going to be the highlight of my trip.

I had so much fun when we went to this. The parade is like no other and just magical.

What are you two planning on going as? Maybe we will have a chance to meet up there to say hello if the stars align. :)

We'e actually thinking about going as a summer-clothes version of Peter Pan and his shadow (since I'm getting a pixie cut on the trip.) If we do, we should definitely meet up for a picture! Our costumes would fit so well together!

I had so much fun when we went to this. The parade is like no other and just magical.
I am so excited to see it! The ghosts from Haunted Mansion in person.......I can't wait!

We'e actually thinking about going as a summer-clothes version of Peter Pan and his shadow (since I'm getting a pixie cut on the trip.) If we do, we should definitely meet up for a picture! Our costumes would fit so well together!
Great costume idea!! Hopefully we will see each other at the party. :)

Amazing idea!!! :goodvibes
Thanks Tracy! It was really fun to put together!

Hope you enjoy Boma as much as we did. If you can get a bloody mary, it will make your pool time all the better :-)

Love your MNSSHP outfit. You most definitely will need a wand. What is a fairy without a wand :confused3

Where has the time gone???? Almost a month away from the Dis as I was at my (wifi less) cottage on the south shore of PEI (Prince Edward Island for all non- Canadians). I am now on my way home and only 13 days away from my trip!!! Ack! I have so much to do....... but it will be fun!

I am undecided for my last park morning.......if I feel I didn't get enough Epcot time in I may head there or I might head to Disney Springs for a bit. The afternoon however holds many of what I believe will highlights of the trip. I am heading to Animal Kingdom about 3:30 and have a safari FP booked to start. I just never get tired of this ride. :) Next, I am heading to Tiffins for an early dinner with the ROL package. I am SO excited about this meal after hearing @kastoney and others rave about their experience there. As it is a three course meal with the ROL package, I will be going all out! I am planning on the watermelon-feta salad as a starter for something light. For my main, it will be a toss up between the seared scallops or the swordfish....both look delicious! I know the chocolate ganache will be calling my name even if I have to take it to go and have it for breakfast the next day, lol! After dinner, I am heading to Flights of Passage!!!!!! Oh my, I can't wait to experience this. :banana: Next up is Rivers of Light with a final fast pass to ride EE at night! Now my only problem is whether I should try to hop the express bus to MK as they are open until 10 or is that just too, too much?? My heart is kind of breaking at not being at MK on my last park day, although I certainly do have lots of time booked there on Tuesday, at MNSSHP on Friday and on Saturday. Maybe that's enough??? I do love MK so much and that's why I love late evening closings so I can enjoy some MK time every day, regardless of what other parks I visit.

Next up, last day resort plans!

Next, I am heading to Tiffins for an early dinner with the ROL package.
Yay!!! I have heard so many glowing reviews of Tiffins, so glad this is happening for you :thumbsup2

I know the chocolate ganache will be calling my name even if I have to take it to go and have it for breakfast the next day, lol!
Yum! And also :rotfl:

Now my only problem is whether I should try to hop the express bus to MK as they are open until 10 or is that just too, too much??
GO FOR IT!!! As a parking hoppin' lady myself, when in doubt... hop! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Not sure how I managed to mix up Saturday and Sunday's plans.....I'll blame it on 14 hours of driving with three teenage boys, lol!

So day 6 is really Saturday, August 26th and looks to be a super fun and busy day! I've wanted to go to the Boathouse since it opened so I booked a 12:30 lunch reservation here. I may try to fit a little shopping in beforehand as I would like a new charm for my Disney Pandora and I am always fuelling my obsession with Disney Dooney and Bourke bags! After lunch I plan on hopping on which ever MK resort area bus comes first and will make my way over to MK where I have several fun fastpasses planned! Starting at 3:30 for SDMT, followed by BTMR and HM! My plans overlap with Caroline and Andi so we may say hello in MK and are hoping to possibly meet up for drinks later on at the Polynesian. A group of us crazy Canadians are planning a meet at the Poly that evening as well. I am hoping to grab sushi at Kona Island Sushi Bar as well as paying a visit to the Tambu Lounge for a piece of bread pudding and a Lapu Lapu! On Winfo, they are listing AUg 26 as EMH for MK although I don't see it listed on the official WDW site. I would love it if there were EMH as I plan to hop back over to my beloved MK for one last visit. :)

Just finished reading, love all your plans!! It sounds like a fantastic trip! We stayed at AKL on our honeymoon and it was absolutely incredible. You will LOVE Boma! We came over from Pop Century on our recent trip just to eat breakfast there!

One suggestion on your MK evening, I know you'd mentioned before watching HEA from the Poly. Have you considered going into the park to watch it? I don't know what the view of the castle is like from the Poly, but this show is absolutely INCREDIBLE and I would recommend being up close to see the projections!

Just finished reading, love all your plans!! It sounds like a fantastic trip! We stayed at AKL on our honeymoon and it was absolutely incredible. You will LOVE Boma! We came over from Pop Century on our recent trip just to eat breakfast there!

One suggestion on your MK evening, I know you'd mentioned before watching HEA from the Poly. Have you considered going into the park to watch it? I don't know what the view of the castle is like from the Poly, but this show is absolutely INCREDIBLE and I would recommend being up close to see the projections!
Thanks so much for popping by! :) I am SO excited to be staying at AKl and enjoying the wonderful atmosphere and fantastic food! MY DH does not know what he started by giving me a solo trip for my 50th......now I am hooked! Although we are planning a 10 day trip for just the two of us to celebrate our 20th anniversary in 2019. I can't wait for Boma and think it will be a perfect meal to enjoy before MNSSHP. I can live on candy the rest of the day, right??? I will be at MK for EMH on the 23rd and definitely plan on viewing HEA by the castle that night. While I am a huge Wishes fan, I am looking forward to seeing HEA for the first time. I may try to pop over to MK for it on the 26th as well, my only issue is that we have a Canadian Disney meet at the Poly that night and I am not sure how long that will go. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures!

Love your plans, so glad to see you back posting. I am excited to meet up for sure. We will be in MK at the same time, fun to do a ride together. Talk to you soon!

All good things must come to an end..... even Disney trips! My last day is a resort day as my flight is booked for 6:35 pm with Air Canada and due to being an international flight, the Tragical Depress picks up 4 hours early....ugh! So that gives me until 2:30 to soak up the last bit of Disney goodness. I plan on heading over to Sanaa to enjoy breakfast and then hopefully enjoy some pool time and a light lunch at the Mara.

I'll definitely be writing a dining report for this trip, so please feel welcome to pop over there to discuss all things food and bevvie. :thanks: for following along with me during my PTR, only 8 days to go!

You know what they say about the best laid plans???? They always change...... with the end of express transportation being announced today, the feasibility of my 4 parks/1 day challenge went right out the window! I had been hoping to do HS before hopping to AK but I don't think I am going to be able to do it and still make my first FP for 10:30. So, I'll still keep AK, EP and MK but will have to rethink how to work HS in. I did a major shift with my full day HS plans as well. I am feeling worried about all the rain in the afternoons so decided to head to HS for opening on the 24th. I arranged my first FP for Frozen Ever After at 10:30, an earlier lunch instead of dinner at 50's Prime Time and early afternoon FPs for RRC and ToT. That way I have the afternoon clear to rest and recharge back at AKL and can always head back to HS in the evening for Music of Pixar Live and the Star Wars fireworks. Or I may head to Disney Springs for a little shopping and a chance to check out some of the new restaurants/lounges. We shall see, lol! :)

I heard about the Express transportation today as well, I was hoping to use this, oh well. We did four parks in one day a few years ago and it was fun, I don't remember the order now but it was doable!

Yeah I heard about the cancellation of the express transportation...and I know a few around here who will be sad about that. It's too bad I think...but in a way...it does make it more of a challenge lol. But totally understand if it isn't doable to squeeze in all 4 in a day, I had contemplated trying it too but with the heat...I don't know if it is worth it!!

It took a while, but I got back and caught up on the last couple of posts! It was so nice to run into you in the MK..TWICE! :D I have the slightly damp selfie we took somewhere in the archives, so it's sure to surface if and when I finally get my notes and photos sorted. I hope you had a wonderful solo trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter