Solo Travelling and Single Rider

lulubell.f

Miss Laura Forster
Hey everyone!

I'm very curious if anyone can speak to how much time I can save by using single rider lines as a solo traveler versus traveling with my partner! Also, does anyone know the full list of rides that offer single rider and can share? Thanks! ☺️

You can both use the single rider line and wait together if you are ok experiencing the ride portion of the attraction separately.

Some attractions don't have a single rider line but it can be a good idea to keep one's ears open and communicate with the CM doing the loading math because they are often looking for a party of 1 to fill in every seat of the vehicle. At Soarin a CM will often come by looking for a party of 1 or 2 to fill up the last seats in the theater. If a CM asks for a party of 3, let them know if you are a party of 1 or 2 in case they can't find a party of 3. FoP used to have a single rider corral but now they just ask for smaller parties if needed and volunteering saves however much time in between shows. I also got into a Lion King show once when waiting standby and the line cut because the theater filled by asking if there was room for a single person. Saving 5 or 10 minutes here and there adds up!

You can both use the single rider line and wait together if you are ok experiencing the ride portion of the attraction separately.

Some attractions don't have a single rider line but it can be a good idea to keep one's ears open and communicate with the CM doing the loading math because they are often looking for a party of 1 to fill in every seat of the vehicle. At Soarin a CM will often come by looking for a party of 1 or 2 to fill up the last seats in the theater. If a CM asks for a party of 3, let them know if you are a party of 1 or 2 in case they can't find a party of 3. FoP used to have a single rider corral but now they just ask for smaller parties if needed and volunteering saves however much time in between shows. I also got into a Lion King show once when waiting standby and the line cut because the theater filled by asking if there was room for a single person. Saving 5 or 10 minutes here and there adds up!
Thanks so much, that's so helpful! When doing research online, it looked like only a couple rides have single rider but I knew that just by being one person, it could help with other attractions too. Thanks again! ☺️

There aren't that many Single Rider lines at WDW and they can vary in efficiency:

Test Track - This is one of the best SR lines because of how the cars fill. It is usually very quick, even if a bit backed up.
Rock'n Roller Coaster - This is one of the worst SR lines because of how they fill the pre-show rooms. I would avoid it and just wait in Standby or get a FastPass for it.
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run - Reports vary but I didn't like this. With not that many people in front of us we saved only a little bit of time, though this was before FastPass was operating. You will also almost definitely get Engineer as your role if that matters to you.
Expedition Everest - one of the better SR lines as it moves pretty efficiently. The official entrance is a little bit hidden, but look for it between the buildings out front.

That's all of them really. Test Track is a sure bet, and EE is usually just fine (though EE has a cool queue so you might go through it once). Also note on Test Track that you can't design a car in the SR line but you can do a "quick pick" if you want. You can always stop by the kisoks at the exit for the full design experience.

There aren't that many Single Rider lines at WDW and they can vary in efficiency:

Test Track - This is one of the best SR lines because of how the cars fill. It is usually very quick, even if a bit backed up.
Rock'n Roller Coaster - This is one of the worst SR lines because of how they fill the pre-show rooms. I would avoid it and just wait in Standby or get a FastPass for it.
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run - Reports vary but I didn't like this. With not that many people in front of us we saved only a little bit of time, though this was before FastPass was operating. You will also almost definitely get Engineer as your role if that matters to you.
Expedition Everest - one of the better SR lines as it moves pretty efficiently. The official entrance is a little bit hidden, but look for it between the buildings out front.

That's all of them really. Test Track is a sure bet, and EE is usually just fine (though EE has a cool queue so you might go through it once). Also note on Test Track that you can't design a car in the SR line but you can do a "quick pick" if you want. You can always stop by the kisoks at the exit for the full design experience.

Thank you so much! That's awesome info for me, I'll definitely wanna ride test track over and over since it's one of my favorites and I'm excited to try smugglers run too! Thanks for the detailed post ❤️

Thank you so much! That's awesome info for me, I'll definitely wanna ride test track over and over since it's one of my favorites and I'm excited to try smugglers run too! Thanks for the detailed post ❤

Depending on when you are going, there is a wonderful feature in the Test Track SR line too - I call it "The Vent." There is a point right before the loading area where you get to stand under this great full-blast A/C vent. It's a wondrous few seconds in the Orlando heat!

The best one is Expedition Everest, since not all that many people seem to know about it. I've ridden the ride 4-5 times in a row, with no wait at all.
Test Track can move slowly.
Rock 'n Roller Coaster, it's better to have a Fastpass for. The single rider line moves very slowly.
MFSR can be hit or miss. Sometimes there's no wait at all; sometimes there are 20-30 people in front of you. You also will most likely only get to be an engineer.
They have a single rider line at Space Mountain now, but it's at the merge point at the station; you just have to tell them you're a single rider at that point and they'll direct you to the line on either side. It will save you time, still.

Depending on the timing (and no way to know) single rider at Everest can be amazing. My max for "walk-on" (less than five people in front of me) is 8 rides in a row.

Test Track is really hit-or-miss. Very often there are groups who use that line and there can be 30+ people in line when you walk up.

I've never had good luck with Rock. There always seems to be groups of friends/family in that line and it takes forever.

I love the shows (I'm a stagehand) and have found walking up 5 or so minutes before show time there is almost always room for one.

In my experiences the best for me was EE (only a couple of people in single rider line) and the worst RnRC (waited longer than the stand by line advertised time, never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter