Some Disney Magic at the hospital

LavenderPeach

<font color=darkorchid>Didn't understand how you c
Hi everyone! I haven't had a chance to post much recently but had to share the little bit of disney magic we got today. Some of you may remember me talking about our plans to take DS to CHOC for a 3 week intensive feeding program to help him learn how to eat so he can eventually get rid of his feeding tube. Well, we're here now at the end of our 2nd week and things are going great. :cool1:

The only bummer (as some may remember me lamenting about) is that we were here for DS's birthday so no birthday fun card for him. I had requested a pass for DS to leave the hospital so we could go to DLR to get his fun card but we weren't able to get it. However, the people here at CHOC sent someone over to DLR to ask if we could get his fun card anyway and they even had the doctor write a letter explaining why he couldn't go on his birthday. As you can guess, they said they couldn't give us the fun card but they are giving us free dinner and 2 fast passes! I don't actually have these items yet so I'm not sure where the free dinner is and i don't know the details of the FPs but I was pretty excited!

I just had to share with my fellow disney addicts. :)

I had heard that Disney characters are sometimes here at CHOC visiting with the kids but I haven't seen any so far. Last tuesday I got to meet David Beckham though!

Yeah, that's fun you got something!

When I first started reading this thread, I didn't look who wrote it. I was thinking, oh someone else has their son at CHOC too, then saw it was you! :rotfl:

Hopefully you will get to see some characters. When I was with DS at USCF we had just missed Robin Williams who had come to visit the kids. That was when Aladdin had come out not long before. They had pictures up on the bulletin board. Of course DS was only a baby and wouldn't have known who he was but it would have cheered me up. ;)

Yeah, that's fun you got something!

When I first started reading this thread, I didn't look who wrote it. I was thinking, oh someone else has their son at CHOC too, then saw it was you! :rotfl:

Hopefully you will get to see some characters. When I was with DS at USCF we had just missed Robin Williams who had come to visit the kids. That was when Aladdin had come out not long before. They had pictures up on the bulletin board. Of course DS was only a baby and wouldn't have known who he was but it would have cheered me up. ;)

:rotfl: That's funny. Yes, it's me! I get to have use of the laptop over the weekend but I still can't log onto the blog which is annoying.

Disney does a lot of stuff for CHOC so I figured that they would give something to DS, even though I knew the chance of getting the fun card were slim. I like to think of this as the Disneyland hospital which makes it a little more fun than just an ordinary hospital.

Oh that is so cool!! I'm so glad you were able to get something for DS's bday!! And I'm glad to hear his time is going well!! All good news!

Oh that is so cool!! I'm so glad you were able to get something for DS's bday!! And I'm glad to hear his time is going well!! All good news!

Pixie, I almost didn't realize it was you because you changed your avatar since the last time I was able to get on the disboards.

Yeah, it's fun to get little surprises like this!

We get to go home next friday and I can't wait. The bed here is hurting my back and it's not dark enough in the room to get very good sleep so I'm pretty tired. At least DS is making good progress so it's worth the sacrifice. They actually had us stop his tube feedings all together and if he can get enough calories in him during the day we don't ever have to use the feeding tube again. Then in about 6 months they will take it out! :yay: I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much yet though since we're still trying to see if he can do this or not. He's exceding everyone's expectations though! Oh and in some ways it will actually be sad to see the feeding tube go since it makes it SO much easier to give medicine. DS has never had to taste yucky medicine because we always just put it in his tube, which has been great!

Very cool! It's great to hear your DS is making good progress, tell him we're all pulling for him. :flower3:

Glad you were able to get the laptop again. You should think about getting one for yourself. It would come in handy for times like this. Hopefully, you won't be in this situation again though. MIL just got one from HP for about $400. We had it sent here and she just picked it up yesterday. Looks really nice. Or how about using your DH's Itouch? Or can he not part with it? :rotfl:

Very cool! It's great to hear your DS is making good progress, tell him we're all pulling for him. :flower3:

Thank you!

Glad you were able to get the laptop again. You should think about getting one for yourself. It would come in handy for times like this. Hopefully, you won't be in this situation again though. MIL just got one from HP for about $400. We had it sent here and she just picked it up yesterday. Looks really nice. Or how about using your DH's Itouch? Or can he not part with it? :rotfl:

Well, I borrowed dad's netbook but the problem is that they don't have wi-fi here. Can you believe that? And there's nowhere in the room to plug in for internet access. So the only way to have internet access is to use one of their laptops.

Oh, that's odd. I was assuming a place like that would have wi-fi.

I know, isn't that strange? They're building a new building here so maybe they're waiting until that gets built to put wi-fi in everywhere.

In other news, even though DS is still admitted to the hospital, we were able to go to DLR for a few hours today. The hospital gave us a 6 hour pass so DS could try eating some food out in the real world. We had to do one meal and one snack while we were out to see how DS would do eating in a different environment. So we went to Storytellers Cafe and they were so great there because they pureed some mac and cheese for DS so he could eat it. (DS is still learning how to chew so everything has to be pureed) That's actually one reason we went to DLR - we knew that they would be accomodating to our needs. Then we went on Dumbo, IASW, Jungle Cruise, had some "fruit ice cream" (a.k.a sherbet) for snack and then back here to the hospital.

Such good news!!!! :)

I'm glad you noticed my new avatar, I think DBF and I will be Hercules & Meg for Halloween so I uploaded that new avatar. I really liked that picture of her. :)

Such good news!!!! :)

I'm glad you noticed my new avatar, I think DBF and I will be Hercules & Meg for Halloween so I uploaded that new avatar. I really liked that picture of her. :)

I didn't recognize you with your costume on! :rotfl:

Glad you got to have a day out! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter