Some trash stole my DVC magnet last night

I never thought to put these on my car (but I did have Disney antenna toppers until we got a new car. Seems a lot of the newer models do not have antennas to top). All of my magnets are on my refrigerator (holding up notes, reminders, and family pictures, LOL)

Again, why not?

People with money are just the same as people without, in fact, if anything I might assume they are worse.

I agree. However, it was just a comment, nothing to take out of context.

I think the Op was just surprised a member would do something so low/ridiculous (assuming it was a member). It’s not like they can’t get their own freebie magnet

Every time we see a DVC or AP magnet on a car my wife and I wonder aloud with each other how long it will be until someone steals it. We have a strict refrigerator only policy for ours.

Same, except recently we were given 4 free AP magnets (we already have 2 on our fridges), so I bit the bullet and put one on each car. It's been 4 weeks. They are still there. When they get stolen, I will have 2 more to replace them.

Arguably, anyone staying at OKW likely spent several thousands to stay there, DVC member or not. Frankly, people who frequently visit WDW and are NOT DVC members, usually spend MORE than DVC members on their accommodations. Isn't that kind of the whole DVC sales pitch? That it's cheaper to buy DVC?
Both your replies I was about to write word for word.
Completely correct.

Staying at OKW. Woke up this morning to go to the gym and noticed that someone stole the oval DVC magnet from our car. I didn't realize trash like this were DVC members. Unfortunate.

Front desk was nice enough and offered to pay for a replacement, but I don't think these are sold anymore. The DVC guide was less than useless.

HORRIBLE! That happened to me at a car park near work, not at WDW. DIS-gusting.

Had an antenna topper stolen, so that was the end of putting those on. I like my magnets too much, they stay on the fridge.

I keep all my Disney Magnets “Safe” on my dashboard. I haven’t lost one yet that way 🥳

Just a quick update to this.

The resort was pretty awesome. I filled out one of those surveys they leave in the room to tell them about the stay. So I wrote them saying that we were having a great time but unfortunately someone stole one of my magnets from my vehicle which was disappointing. The management staff contacted me and said they did what they could to track down a replacement but since these haven't been made for about 2 years now, they couldn't find one anywhere. They then said they felt badly that this happened and offered to comp me merch from the General Store. I felt kind of awkward about that, but they insisted that I meet them by the front desk, and I picked a Gurgling Suitcase tumbler, and then the woman asked me if I also wanted an OKW fridge magnet so I said OK. On my to-do list for this afternoon is to provide feedback on the staff trying to help me out so that it goes on their personnel records.

While we were away, I ordered a replacement magnet from an ebay seller (maybe it was the person who stole it from me lol) and they shipped it immediately and it was delivered and waiting for me when we got back on Saturday. So the oval magnet is back in its place on the car.

Last edited:
I had mine stolen not long after I put them on my mini van in my hometown. I have my window decal (Walt Life) of course, but was amazed someone would steal a Disney magnet from the car. LOL

While we were away, I ordered a replacement magnet from an ebay seller (maybe it was the person who stole it from me lol) and they shipped it immediately and it was delivered and waiting for me when we got back on Saturday. So the oval magnet is back in its place on the car.

Good luck with keeping that one. I'd be expecting it too will be gone shortly - either fallen off or taken off.

Just a quick update to this.

The resort was pretty awesome. I filled out one of those surveys they leave in the room to tell them about the stay. So I wrote them saying that we were having a great time but unfortunately someone stole one of my magnets from my vehicle which was disappointing. The management staff contacted me and said they did what they could to track down a replacement but since these haven't been made for about 2 years now, they couldn't find one anywhere. They then said they felt badly that this happened and offered to comp me merch from the General Store. I felt kind of awkward about that, but they insisted that I meet them by the front desk, and I picked a Gurgling Suitcase tumbler, and then the woman asked me if I also wanted an OKW fridge magnet so I said OK. On my to-do list for this afternoon is to provide feedback on the staff trying to help me out so that it goes on their personnel records.

How nice! It is great when Disney goes the little extra in a case like this! And, I am glad you were at least able to find one to buy. We keep ours on the fridge, so no chance of getting stolen. Actually, the DVC one is used on our dishwasher to indicate it is clean!! HAHA

I am so sorry that happened to you ,I haven't had any stolen but I have lost them in the car wash .
I do really like the oval ones , maybe time to do window ones ....
Congratulations on getting a replacement !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!