Something About Nothing ... #12

We all say that.
The previous website ran better

Good to know it's not just me... however, it's truly broken right now. I sent feedback. I try to do a search on the things to do page and every search comes back empty.

Good evening. I am finally getting a chance to sit and post. I worked until 3:00 today and then went home and tried to finish cleaning the house. Dh invited all of his graduate students over for supper tonight and I wanted th house to look presentable. B stayed later after school today to take her mid term exam. I picked her up, came home, had dinner and had to interact with the students some, and now we are at a make up music lesson.

Squirlz - Love the jacket. I am hoping to find a nice hoodie when I am at Universal.

Lynne - The recital went well. This is her last Christmas show ever. The studio only does them every other year. Now it’s time to start planning spring recital.

Chuckers - I do not miss Atlanta snow days. They are never prepared and no one can drive in it.
I agree the universal web site is awful. I can tolerate it on a regular computer, but hate trying to access it by phone.

30 more minutes of music and then I can go home. I hope the students are gone when I get back.

It's TUESDAY!!! YAY!!!! WHEEE!! (I'm trying to be excited about Tuesday...) We're supposed to get more snow today. It's a light dusting right now.. not looking forward to the afternoon. Especially the drive home....

Happy to hear recital went well. Before ya know it, you'll be on your way. So now I finally got little one to look over the menus. Yep, favorite Disney restaurant they both like, menu changed enough, little one would eat nothing there. Sign, time to hope we get another ADR that we all want to eat at. But, both kids are getting excited.

Chuckers, yeah, the new format of the Universal website is not the easiest. I find the best is when I access it on a computer, and not my ipad or phone. I just use the app on my phone, never tried the website from the phone. Sorry, you were having issues with the website.

Well, it's Tuesday, and one more day of nicer weather until the cold front arrives later today. Afternoon will feel significantly colder than the morning. At least my car gets nice and toasty.

th
th
th
So, have a taco or two today, and enjoy your Tuesday homies.

Oh, and
th
Yes, to all those celebrating with the lighting of the first candle tonight.
th
. Shalom.

Finally, time for tea. Well, second cup.

Although the website is not that great, the feedback response was quick. I told them the 'things to do page' wasn't working and I couldn't find what I was looking for. Within a few hours, I got a response telling me how to find exactly what I wanted AND the things to do page was fixed.

Chuckers so the answer is email UO gs our questions and forget using the website

Yea, I can work with that!

Thanks!

26!

• The atomic number of iron
  • The number of briefcases in the game Deal or No Deal
  • The age at which males can no longer be drafted in the United States
  • In a regulation deck of cards, there are 26 red cards and 26 black cards
  • The number of bones in the normal foot and ankle
  • The usual number of new shows in an American television series.. this allows one new show per week for half the year and one rerun per week for the other half
  • The number of miles in a complete marathon

I am sure I will walk a marathon on my vacation at Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Sea World, and City Walk in 26 days.

number-26-facts-377x251@2x.jpg

Chuckers so the answer is email UO gs our questions and forget using the website

Yea, I can work with that!

Thanks!

I do send help texts to UO GS, but I can't keep asking them what's on the menu at Margaritaville, Mythos, Cowfish, etc. ;)

I google menus and they are usually up to date

Did not realize you needed restaurant menus

Well, I am still kinda in WDW planning mode (even though I totally don't need to be in that mode) and trying to figure out where I want to eat and where I want to use my meal plan. Plus, I just like looking at things on the website.. ride descriptions, restaurant descriptions, things to do, etc. Even though I've looked at this stuff several times already.. I'm just a big kid getting excited for his vacation.

XB7esWm.jpg

Afternoon all.........

Spent the morning ironing, always a joy!!! But all laundry from our trip is washed, dried, ironed and put away. Made butternut squash and assorted veg soup for lunch with Rosemary Bread......bread was store bought not home made........nice though.

Getting back to normality, although we all a little under the weather.......think I`m the healthiest of the three of us, although jet lag isn't too bad this time. Stayed in all day today as it`s still snowy and freezing cold.......but did get pictures uploaded from cameras.......need to start trip report.

Chicken in white wine casserole tonight........with winter warming mashed potatoes!!! Looking forward to that.

Happy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Chuckers, I plan my restaurant choices way in advance. I use the menu sticky in this forum as well as the Universal site. I like to have a mix of types of foods and don't want two of the same type of food in the same day or close to each other.

Schumi, you just reminded me I'm out of potatoes.

We're home. Cold and snowy here. The kitties are very happy.

Glad we spent a little more and parked in the long term garage instead of the open lot. Last year at this time I had to dig the Cadillac out of 10" of snow. It absolutely made me heartsick.

15443067_10154939352878120_1718153096576086412_o.jpg

Good evening. Another long day here. I am starting to panic a little. My throat was feeling fine for a few days after starting antibiotics, but today I started getting a tickling sensation in my throat and now it is scratchy. I’m thinking about going back to the doctor tomorrow just in case.

In other news - today I made the final payment on a medical bill i have been paying almost all year. I finally own my kidney stone. Woo-hoo! That was an experience I never want to repeat.

Lynne - Both B and I are picky eaters, so I always try to check menus first. We are meeting some friends who live in Orlando, and they suggested Bubba Gump. Neither B nor I like shrimp, but we both managed to find other things we will eat.

Chuckers - It’s so hard to get out of “mouse mode”. For the past 5 months I have been thinking that I need to be doing more.

Schumi - Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Squirlz - Yikes! I hope we don’t get anywhere near that much snow this winter. I think the most I’ve seen here is 9 inches.

It is officially Wednesday now. It is supposed to be very cold and windy today. I am not looking forward to going out later today.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Chuckers, I plan my restaurant choices way in advance. I use the menu sticky in this forum as well as the Universal site. I like to have a mix of types of foods and don't want two of the same type of food in the same day or close to each other.

Schumi, you just reminded me I'm out of potatoes.

Lol......we need those too! Off out today to stock up.........

It’s going to be almost tropical today......we may reach a high of 40f! After chills of last few days it’ll be welcome......although being right beside the sea it always seems chilly this time of year.......

Snow all seems to be gone.

Breakfast soon.......think we all slept better last night, DH almost slept through and DS said he had a fabulous sleep.......so he seems to be on the mend.......

Have a great Wednesday..........

Good Morning Homies! Yes, 40 mph winds last night, made airborne stuff. Thankfully, my neighbor secured their trashcans, as most of the night, the cans were clanging and banging. The gusts wrapping around our house made little one raise the temperature. I turned it down, as we went to sleep. All have nice, thick blankets, except for older one. He's rarely cold. And joy. 21 out, with wind chill feel like 7 degrees. And, we now have a countdown of 7. Coincidence? I hope not. Looking forward to 80 degree days and 70 degree nights. But I will take 70 degree days as well.

Squirlz, thankfully not quite as much snow. Though with a 50 degree day following the snow day, not much is left. No matter, more snow tomorrow.

Charade, little one is very picky. Hence, we did change the restaurant, and one we haven't tried before. I did quite a few buffets as, most of the time, she can find something to eat. We have eaten at Bubba Gump before, and she was fine. They have chicken nuggets, and while little one is picky with those too, as long as it wasn't all fish related plates, she usually finds something to eat. Older one, likes most stuff. There's only a couple of places my kids refuse to eat at again. Most of the time, I agree with them. Looking forward to the holiday treats they have announced these past couple of weeks. One thing I love about this time of year, with the crowds, everything is open, and open late and earlier than regular hours.

Schumi, glad to hear DS is feeling better. I am sure a lovely breakfast was had. Enjoy that nicer weather. Hey, at least we can see the sun. That wind blew some of the clouds away. Still cold though.

Agave, we just picked up potatoes last night. We too were out of them. A staple in our house. Microwave cooked potatoes makes a potato bar dinner easy. Kids supplemented with mozzarella sticks. And since the oven was hot, brownies made too.

Next Wednesday, the camel will be in flight mode. For now, however,

th
he's filling up.

And yes, Wednesday it is.
th
Keisha,
th

Hopefully all are warm and dry, and ready for the week-end. Hey, Friday is in two more days. That deserves a WAHOOOOOO! and a cup of tea.

Later homies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter