Something About Nothing ... #12

Tink yikes was there blood involved? You sound like a remarkably calm & capable woman.:thumbsup2
Thankfully, no blood was involved she somehow managed to wedge it between the ridges on the roof of her mouth.

Love the ring although it would look better with a falcon on it :duck:
Have fun on your trip!

Charade....glad you had a nice visit with your family and you managed not to slug your sister :laughing:

Patty...hope you have a wonderful trip!

Monyk...the balloon ride sounds like fun and I've always wanted to do it but we never have the time.

Carole, congrats on your job offers...it's nice to be in high demand even if you don't need the work.

Lynne, enjoy your lazy Monday! I still have to paint the bathroom as I didn't get it done since I fell while cleaning the ceiling and walls. I was standing on the side of the tub and grabbed the towel bar to help me get down which decided to come off with sharp wood screws attached and poke a hole in my shin ...only I could manage to hurt my back and leg at the same time :crazy:

Happy Monday everyone :flower1:

I still have to paint the bathroom as I didn't get it done since I fell while cleaning the ceiling and walls. I was standing on the side of the tub and grabbed the towel bar to help me get down which decided to come off with sharp wood screws attached and poke a hole in my shin ...only I could manage to hurt my back and leg at the same time :crazy:

Oh my, Tink!! Hope you're ok!! Home improvement injuries are the worst! I have a big fear of getting on ladders! I can only go on the second step before I panic I'm going to fall!!

Ack Tink, hope you are okay. My kids have pulled the towels off the towel rack so many times . I have to fix a fallen down bar every so often, and reattach to the wall. Yep, home improvements can be painful in more ways than one.

Early lunch out with little one. Older one has no interest in mall shopping with her.

Later homies.

Last edited:

Charade, hoping you had a later wake up call today, and access to lots of coffee.

No such luck. We were up at 7:00 again today, but this time it was by choice. Tomorrow we will try to sleep in a bit. We don’t have to checkout until 11:00.

I still have to paint the bathroom as I didn't get it done since I fell while cleaning the ceiling and walls. I was standing on the side of the tub and grabbed the towel bar to help me get down which decided to come off with sharp wood screws attached and poke a hole in my shin ...only I could manage to hurt my back and leg at the same time :crazy:

Oh no. Hope the injury isn’t too severe.

I have a big fear of getting on ladders! I can only go on the second step before I panic I'm going to fall!!

Same here. Dh has to do anything that involves ladders.

We’ve had a good day so far. We got up early, had breakfast, and then went downtown to take the Fort Sumpter tour. We live about an hour away from Appomattox, VA, so B has already been there. We thought she should also see where the Civil War began. B got to participate in a flag raising and dh met someone who attended the same high school in Ohio that he did.

After Fort Sumpter B wanted to go to the aquarium. I don’t think we had ever been to the one in Charleston before. I bought a cute sloth t- shirt for myself.

Right now B and I are relaxing at the hotel and Dh is visiting friends who own a comic shop here. Tonight it’s seafood for supper.

Monday came around fast!

Honestly, didn’t want to blink

Thankfully, no blood was involved she somehow managed to wedge it between the ridges on the roof of her mouth.

Love the ring although it would look better with a falcon on it :duck:
Have fun on your trip!

Charade....glad you had a nice visit with your family and you managed not to slug your sister :laughing:

Patty...hope you have a wonderful trip!

Monyk...the balloon ride sounds like fun and I've always wanted to do it but we never have the time.

Carole, congrats on your job offers...it's nice to be in high demand even if you don't need the work.

Lynne, enjoy your lazy Monday! I still have to paint the bathroom as I didn't get it done since I fell while cleaning the ceiling and walls. I was standing on the side of the tub and grabbed the towel bar to help me get down which decided to come off with sharp wood screws attached and poke a hole in my shin ...only I could manage to hurt my back and leg at the same time :crazy:

Happy Monday everyone :flower1:

OMG lucky u didn’t fall & crack ur head open. My DH used to have painting business during recession when he’d get laid off, is meticulous painter. Often hand-sands plaster walls first as he doesn’t like the finish. Me, i never bother to wash the walls pre painting. My trick was always go the opposite paint as on the walls, flat to semi-sheen/reverse. No fuss no muss. Thankfully, i’ve been banned from touching a brush. Yippee

Ack Tink, hope you are okay. My kids have pulled the towels off the towel rack so many times . I have to fix a fallen down bar every so often, and reattach to the wall. Yep, home improvements can be painful in more ways than one.

Early lunch out with little one. Older one has no interest in mall shopping with her.

Later homies.

Can’t say i’ve Ever had that happen, nor changed a towel bar. I’d be hard pressed to state what color mine are without looking. Think they are oak, hmmm

Need new vanities. Can’t find any i really like. Seems like they are making them narrower in width, but. Do like the look of the round offset bowls that stick out in the front.

No such luck. We were up at 7:00 again today, but this time it was by choice. Tomorrow we will try to sleep in a bit. We don’t have to checkout until 11:00.

Oh no. Hope the injury isn’t too severe.

Same here. Dh has to do anything that involves ladders.

We’ve had a good day so far. We got up early, had breakfast, and then went downtown to take the Fort Sumpter tour. We live about an hour away from Appomattox, VA, so B has already been there. We thought she should also see where the Civil War began. B got to participate in a flag raising and dh met someone who attended the same high school in Ohio that he did.

After Fort Sumpter B wanted to go to the aquarium. I don’t think we had ever been to the one in Charleston before. I bought a cute sloth t- shirt for myself.

Right now B and I are relaxing at the hotel and Dh is visiting friends who own a comic shop here. Tonight it’s seafood for supper.

Have driven down to Charleston many times when raining from Myrtle Beach to kill a day. Have never made it over to the fort, tickets already spoken for unfortunately by the time we’d arrive. Had thought thou there doesn’t look to be a lick of shade, has to be hot on that spit of land.

Thumbs up to the sloth!

Have driven down to Charleston many times when raining from Myrtle Beach to kill a day. Have never made it over to the fort, tickets already spoken for unfortunately by the time we’d arrive. Had thought thou there doesn’t look to be a lick of shade, has to be hot on that spit of land.

Thumbs up to the sloth!

It actually wasn’t too bad. Yes, it was hot (and very humid), but the breeze from the ocean made it bearable. I’m glad we took the very first trip of the day though.

I think the sloth is my spirit animal.

It actually wasn’t too bad. Yes, it was hot (and very humid), but the breeze from the ocean made it bearable. I’m glad we took the very first trip of the day though.

I think the sloth is my spirit animal.

Thanks, will have to work harder for those tix next time. We love to check out the historical sites wherever we roam.

One of DS has been obsessed with sloths since ‘a little’, they have become so popular, love it.

Robo- glad you're feeling better!!

Robo, glad you are feeling a bit better. I hope the soreness goes away quickly. Sending more good thoughts.

Hi Robo :wave2: hope you're feeling better :goodvibes

Hi :wave2:. Thank you for the good thoughts.

I fell while cleaning the ceiling and walls. I was standing on the side of the tub and grabbed the towel bar to help me get down which decided to come off with sharp wood screws attached and poke a hole in my shin ...only I could manage to hurt my back and leg at the same time

Tink I hope your injuries are not to bad. I will be Nurse friend here and ask how long it has been since you had a tetanus shot since you have this nail injury. You probably should be seen by doc. Might put you on short round of antibiotics to cover you from infection. They will probably give you something for your back also depending on how bad you injured it. Always want to be looking out for our homies.

Ok Nurse friend aside gentle hugs coming your way dear lady and lots of prayers you feel better soon and your leg heals up without issue :hug:

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone :grouphug: and especially for my nurse friend Robbie :hug:It's not too bad and I got a tetanus shot last year when the cat chewed up my hand so it's all good. I avoid doctors when possible...nothing a nice shot of Jack won't cure :D
I'll use a ladder next time or better yet get my 6'3" son to do it since he can reach the ceiling without assistance.

I'd like to see a picture of your sloth shirt Charade, I'll bet it's cute.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone :grouphug: and especially for my nurse friend Robbie :hug:It's not too bad and I got a tetanus shot last year when the cat chewed up my hand so it's all good. I avoid doctors when possible...nothing a nice shot of Jack won't cure :D
I'll use a ladder next time or better yet get my 6'3" son to do it since he can reach the ceiling without assistance.

I'd like to see a picture of your sloth shirt Charade, I'll bet it's cute.

I don't drink whiskey but here's to you Tink: (I'll have a little sip with you!)

jack-daniels-tennessee-whiskey-665x385.jpg

Tink- Hope you're better today and that the "support" that Robo and I gave you helped!!::yes::

Charade- Love the sloth shirt!!

Happy Tuesday all!

Here's one for you, Charade! Isn't he cute??

images

E741124C-A385-4E63-BFD4-1BB4E026BAFB.jpeg

Two two sloths, for Tuesday. They are cute. These ones are head to head, as the one wanted to go to the food that was behind and below the other one. Sloth jam. LOL

Eat a taco, Tuesday, it is a two for! Make your day terrific homies!

:coffee:

*le sigh* Back to work. Have lots to cram in before end of month-will make days go faster probably.
Cute shirt Charade!
Nice to have tall kids Tink-my tall kid is away from home now though...

Supposed to be going on float trip this weekend-have begged off but the texts have started from friends...I think the kids will run away and revolt if I send them to grandmas for the weekend after not being home for 3 weekends. Plus arranging care for dog and chickens again. Still have to figure out what is going on the week we are in Chicago...and who is doing what in August when we go to get dcp kid.Speaking of chickens-cuddle chicken is glad we are home (jumped onto DH lap yesterday when he was taking a break from mowing-I was in garden and I hear him kind yelling and look over and there she is staring him in the face!) and Diva chicken is still ticked off we left her-goodness I hadn't heard her scolding for so long I forgot how loud she can get. Tried to get video but she kept turning away, then back then away scolding the whole time. Same thing this am-went to pick her up and ooooh was she mad. Funny chicken tantrum LOL.

hot hot hot here. humid too. like we never left Florida!

I will join you girls for a sip.
whiskey is supposed to be good for coughs yes? hope so-had whiskey in my Arnold palmer last night. Made banquet and making my president speech easier lol!

Focus-need to get back to work!
Happy Tuesday! (it is Tuesday right?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter