Something About Nothing ... #12

May you and Patty, and any other homie awake now, enjoy coffee and a wonderful Wednesday.

Thanks, Lynne!!

Morning Tink, pattyw and Lynne :wave:

:wave2:

Good morning all. I am back home and have to go back to work today Ugh

Hope the day goes by fast!!

I’am having coffee in my HHN mug this morning. Come on over coffee is on.

Robbie, I’ll be over with my coffee cup
once I have one more cup of coffee at home

I need more coffee before I post.

I'm on my way Robo, Mac & Tink!!

Lynne- let's join the gang for a cup of coffee!! I know you like tea so we can have some tea, too!!

images

I'm on my way Robo, Mac & Tink!!

Lynne- let's join the gang for a cup of coffee!! I know you like tea so we can have some tea, too!!

I will get out some extra mugs for pattyw and Lynne. I do have a tea kettle too. So we can make Lynne some tea. We will have a good Sans Family meeting this morning ::yes::

Do you have a Krispy Kreme there? Ours closed up here- I miss those so much! especially when they're hot!!

I just went to the Krispy Kreme site and I saw one in Indiana

We will do a donut run first and then head to Robbie’s

I have one I go to that is about an 18 minute drive from my house

Well worth it

Me too, KK about 35 minutes away now, CVS took over the closest one. Heading to Robo’s house, thanks.

I will drink coffee too, so one pot only needed.

With that, had to take day off, as older one has car in the shop. Ugh.

Lynne- Hope you enjoyed the day off and hope the car repair bill isn't too bad!

Leaving work in a few minutes- I think it's going to be take-out Chinese tonight for dinner!!

Well, it was not good, Patty, but at least the big ticket repair was not really required, and they would have to order the part anyway, so we were fine with what was done. So, since the car is over 11 years old, we will sell it as is hopefully when older one is able to buy his own.

Just chilling, steak on the grill, pasta and steamed fresh vegetables was for dinner.

I decided I needed another long weekend, hence it starts tomorrow. Woot.

I would be happy to share some of the sun and heat we had here today with you. It was supposed to be 90 today, but it was 96.

I’ll share my heat and humidity also

Stinking hot still

I only go out before 11 am or after 7pm
Those in between hours I stay where it’s ac

I´ll take it all. Just give me heat :sunny:

Long weekend are the best, enjoy Lynne.

Missed the donut talk-we have a KK and Dunkin Donuts within a block of each other and both close by a HS. But our fave is a local donut shop.
I decided I needed another long weekend, hence it starts tomorrow. Woot
yay for long weekend!! Just trying to get through to a weekend now lol!
middle kid and her friends are starting a writing club so she was at friends house all afternoon, boy child had his best friend over and of course, staying the night.
Nagging cough is keeping me up at night-think I will sleep in spare room tonight so poor DH can actually sleep...

Haven't had a chance to meal plan nor put a shopping list together. DH and mid kid went to store to get milk, bread, fruit and stuff for sandwiches for lunches. With banquet Monday night, and FiL in town last night and we went to dinner, tonight is first night I've had to cook. Dug around in freezers-really need to eat the freezers down so I have challenged myself to not shop for food until we've used up stuff. I mean- I have mole sauce, JD sauce, pork, fish, chicken, beef, venison in freezer, and soups and soup bases, and vegetables-and that is just the freezers! Tonight was spaghetti and meat balls-found a few frozen leftover meatballs, and 1/2# each of ground pork and ground venison so made a few more meatballs, jar of spaghetti sauce plus frozen tomatoes/sauce from last summers garden, 1/2 box each of spaghetti and fettucini, and dinner is served, along with green beans (sadly not from garden-yet). Got pork chops thawing in fridge tomorrow for smothered pork chops over mashed potatoes-and some form of zucchini from garden. Grocery money not spent will go to replete vacay fund so we can go in September to HHN! Heck don't even need to buy booze as we won all that stuff before we left :rolleyes1.

Finally got some rain today, and cooled off now. Brought cuddle chicken in to dry her off as she loves the rain, but she was soaked. She got a couple leftover noodles so she was happy.

And with that-I think and fortified (with whiskey) Arnold Palmer is in order...

Hope you are feeling better soon MonyK. Steak was from freezer, and was defrosted yesterday, as for some reason, when I grabbed bag out of freezer thinking ground beef, it wasn’t. So, steak it was tonight, as rain is to fall when all are mostly asleep. Weather guy said may be waken from thunder in the wee hours. Maybe, maybe not. Though even rain wakes me up, but I go back to sleep most of the time. DH sleeps like a log. He hears nada.

We have had lots of sun, so sending more to ya, Mikki.

Just think, for EDT, the next two days will be the longest. Summer officially arrives just after 6 am tomorrow morning. Oh yeah, one of my favorite times of year.

Summer weather started in April this year for me.....

First mow of the year for us was end of January.
At this tme of the year, we have it mowed weekly

MonyK, feel better real soon.
Coughing will leave once you have a few Arnold Palmer's....

Lynne, never can go wrong with steak.
One of the easiest meals I fix is steak.

Mikkimus aka micky mouse, when is it warm in Iceland?

pattyw, think I will do Chinese soon.
It's a great dinner especially if you have left overs for the next day.

charade, i bet you wish you were still on vacation.

to all the other homies, :wave2:

Good Morning everyone!! Happy Thursday!! Beautiful day here! Off from work- have a lot of cleaning, laundry, etc to do today!! Leaving for Orlando tomorrow evening!!:cool1:

images

Woohoo patty! Only 1 more day :cool1:hope you have an amazing trip.

I plan to clean and do laundry also today but no trip for me as a reward...lucky patty.

It's going to be too hot to do yard work with temps in the 90s :sunny:

Time for coffee :coffee:

B88ACA1F-0E17-4726-B111-7A0E8DE3CE7F.jpeg

Ah yes, Thursday it is. Letting the kids sleep in.

Woot! Tomorrow evening, Patty will be in vacation mode. Loving your countdown.

Muggy 85 today, light rain has been falling for the last hour, so a grayer start to the day. But, sunglasses needed soon, rain is heading East, and will give the Shore some rain by lunchtime.

:dancer: First day of summer. I need tea, so have a thirsty, throwback a drink, Thursday.

:music:

Hi everyone. Horrible, horrible day today. I just learned than a friend lost her battle with depression and ended her life yesterday.

Sorry to be such a downer. I’m sitting here at work trying not to cry too much.

Hi everyone. Horrible, horrible day today. I just learned than a friend lost her battle with depression and ended her life yesterday.

Sorry to be such a downer. I’m sitting here at work trying not to cry too much.
:grouphug:
We have been touched by suicide as well, including the teen son of friends a month ago.
I am soooo so sorry. It is ok to let it out here.
:hug:

Charade - I'm so sorry for your loss. Mental Illness sucks.

Mmmmm . . . donuts. First I miss when y'all are having wine without me and then the donuts. I must work on my timing of checking in. I'm more of a Dunkin' Donuts than Krispy Kreme person though. I do like Donut King but it's about 30 minutes away. I haven't tried out Voodoo Donuts yet. I forgot when when we did our mini-vacation at Universal a few weeks ago. (And though it's also 30 minutes from driveway to parking space to Universal, then it takes a little longer to actually get to the donuts).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter