Something About Nothing............ #14

Nice looking cake, Charade. I like lemon flavored cake. Good for you to bake it.

I ended up with burger and air fried fries. Neither of us wanted to eat out. Easy meal. Thinking of making a milkshake, as we picked up ice cream earlier today.
4A93B36F-97E5-404D-938F-3CFB71044206.jpeg

And yay, got control of the remote as older one is on his phone yapping away. Guess he is talking about what game all are agreeing to play online.

:wave2: We arrived late afternoon Friday. Flights were on time as Alaska usually is. Today took care of groceries, Walmart and Costco. Came back to condo to put things away then went for a walk Down to the beach. Came back to condo and spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool. At at condo. Our friend made a delicious Key Lime Pie for dessert. Yum.

yay for Walking Dead. I have it set to record (I hope). So will have some catching up to do when we get back home.

DA13E0E2-B066-43AE-B09A-D8C8105BB825.png

Well, I did try that. But pretty sunrise, and quiet house. Sitting by the window, enjoying the morning, been sipping my tea, and waiting to hear the washer finish it’s third load.

EB696416-C5E5-41C1-804E-211036619663.jpeg

Hope all have that super nice Sunday.

Good Morning and Good Afternoon to each homie. ☀️

Been up a while here......of course I am 5 hours ahead of most of you.......::yes::

Just after lunch here......had Chinese noodle salad.....although I did add avocado which isn’t very Chinese!! Lovely though......

Sun is shining, but cold. And very windy. Planning a day in.....roasting a chicken for dinner tonight, although Kyle is out with work friends this afternoon go karting......not sure if he’s in for dinner or not. Probably not. Will save the legs for chicken noodle soup for lunch tomorrow.

So, another lovely day of doing nothing.......too cold to go out for a walk......

Have a great Sunday........

Oh, I never do the City parades, McK. Too cold and way too many people. When the Philly ones were on a slightly different path, my DH had his office on the parades routes. Those years, we watched the parades from his full glass windowed office that faced the street. Little one skipped school and one of her friends’ parents took a car full of kids to the Eagles parade. I watched at home.
The Super Bowl Parade? My son in law wanted to go so badly, but was unable to.
Offices on the parade route are probably the only way I would do any city parade. I have a cousin who works in NYC and her office is on the parade route... but she's never invited us. LOL! But I usually host Thanksgiving so I probably wouldn't do it anyway. My parents are elderly and we have all the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. for them. I wouldn't want to skip that.
and several flavours of ice cream
Oh YUM!!!
have toga almost there. had to craft a necklace. Think it came out pretty good.
Very creative! I would love to see the whole thing finished. I make our own Mickey ears and t shirts for our trips. That's part of the fun for me!
I skipped lunch as we are doing take out bbq rib dinners early evening tonight
Great bbq place a few minutes from our house
MMM, I love good BBQ. Sadly, as Lynne said, we don't have any good ones up north.

Mrose, hope the birthday celebration thrills the birthday boy(man)
I am counting on you to have left overs as Keisha’s main squeeze has a license to drive the bus
He will bring all of the homies to your house so we can crash the party
Leave your porch light on.....
The light was on!
It was a party for one of my daughters. We had a nice time, but boy was I tired! I slept in today and haven't even started moving too much yet.
I just hope it tastes better than it looks. I don't have a talent for making food look pretty.
It looks great to me!
So, another lovely day of doing nothing.......too cold to go out for a walk......
It's 41 degrees here now, and my dogs are begging for a walk. I'm going to have to bundle myself and them up for a quick one later. It's been too cold for them to stay outside long (they're both very small) and they need some exercise today.

Ok, confession time...
I used to bake a lot and bake and decorate cakes for people. Mostly when my kids were little. But since then I've had to go gluten free so I don't bake as much anymore. I do enjoy seeing all the wonderful things all of you make! I have adapted a lot of recipes for gluten free, but I do miss those full of gluten baked goods! YUMMM

Sorry Mac & Lynne, but the pie was lovely 😊. Our friend we’re staying with made it. I’m going to take recipe home. Occas I see Key Limes at the grocery.

Another sunny day here. Heading out soon for a town a bit north of here for lunch.

:wave: I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. We have been busy here this weekend. Since we are painting most of our downstairs rooms the same color we are working on them at once. The boys started three rooms yesterday and working on the second coat today. We have a lot of natural dark wood window trim and doorway trim and realator says gotta go. The age range that will be interested in our house will not want or appreciate the wood work he says. It is killing me painting over it. We went with a mid grey on the walls and all the trim white. He even told us to paint our fireplace bricks white. He says it will sell. My house looks like a Tornado went through it. We have three rooms of furniture and stuff mixed in. I am trying to take deep breaths.

The weather here is nice probably close to 50 and sunny. Had take out two nights and really need to cook tonight but not sure what and with a mess.

Sue Glad that you got there safely and enjoying yourself. Key lime pie is my second favorite desert after creme brulee.

Mrose glad your party was nice, I hear you on being tired after these days. We do a lot of gluten free and I agree gluten baking is better.

Lynne I love using my air fryer, sounds like a nice quick meal. Nice to realx and look out the window with some tea in the morning. I hope your weather stays nice. Good for your DD looking to go off campus.

Mac I hope you enjoy your BBQ tonight. Sounds like a great night BBQ and WD.!!!

Schumi I hope your weather gets a little nicer to take your walks. I agree it is nice to be in when the weather is yuck outside. Your lunch and dinner sounds good. Have a version of your noodle salad with broccoli.

Charade the cake looks nice I am sure it is yummy. I know what you mean about the year going by. Liv's college accepted all her college classes so she will be graduating with an Associates Degree in May:scared1:. Unfortunately we can't get down there for the ceremony but she is okay with it. That stinks that they have that rule for living on campus. It is nice to have choices. I am sure you and B will enjoy Bush Gardens, nice deal!

Disxuni Glad that you made it through the wind storm okay. I am going to have to get use to driving in that wild weather. Thank you Liv is still staying on task. I hope your Network + class is good to you!!!

Keishashadow that costume idea sounds awesome and how great that you can put it together. It sounds like a fun party. I hope your ring goes in good. I may put one in when we move.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and relax up before the new week begins!!! :wave: to all the SANS family!!

Slow day, getting ready to take ham out of oven. Making ‘real’ mashed taters, greens, yellow beans, corn, pineapple chunks, dinner rolls & pumpkin pie for dessert. Haven’t eaten yet, wanted to save room :)

Mr raked up the front yard of all the winter gunk. Leaves on the one tree often don’t come down until mid to late December.

Excited, prices dropped on August cruise with the little, was able to grab one of the big aft balconies for just a tad more woot!
Sure, how long will it take you to get to Virginia?

I just hope it tastes better than it looks. I don't have a talent for making food look pretty.
View attachment 475728
That looks pretty amazing! Not a fan of key lime pie, keep trying it but none have hit the spot.

Sweet! Keisha! Score on that aft cabin. So far, have only got my January one down a few hundred, but hey, every dollar counts.

Yep, NcK, was the Eagles Super Bowl parade.

So absolutely beautiful day. Walked with my friend’s dog. Happy dog, as all enjoyed this sunny and close to 60 degrees.

Yum, will be at Keisha’s for dinner. Thinking of pork chops. May make it with pineapple and green peppers.

Hi I just wanted to give everyone a quick update since everyone is rooting us on with Brian and Universal. When you apply to Universal you set up an account. You can make changes to various things you submit, Brian went on to update something and he noticed his status this weekend said Phone interview scheduled :scared1: :woohoo:.

However, he has gotten no email or phone call yet. He is bursting at the seems :laughing: wondering what is going on. We are hoping it is a go and we will be hearing this week. Thanks again everyone for the good vibes and wishes.:thumbsup2

Went to Longhorn for steaks today, decided to try the stuffed white cheddar mushrooms for an appetizer which were wonderful also.

Sent an email off for our September stay today also!!!!!

Last year was our first HHN and we are wondering why so many years went by we never attended, looking forward to that!!!

Really pleasant weather today 60 currently and beautiful!!!

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon. It's so nice out today that I came home from lunch and opened some of the windows. I can hear the neighbors outside with their children. The 2 year old is being quite vocal today.

Our friend made a delicious Key Lime Pie for dessert. Yum.
Love key lime pie. I even had some in the Keys once.

Wake up homies, it’s morning time!
I was just waking up when you posted this. I fed the cat and then went back to sleep.

He even told us to paint our fireplace bricks white. He says it will sell.
I would have had to draw the line there. The thought of painting brick makes me cringe. We have a stone fireplace. Some of the stones are orange . Not my favorite color.

Liv's college accepted all her college classes so she will be graduating with an Associates Degree in May
Congrats to Liv.

That stinks that they have that rule for living on campus.
We don't mind because it has been good for B, but I am sure may students would prefer to live off campus.

Slow day, getting ready to take ham out of oven. Making ‘real’ mashed taters, greens, yellow beans, corn, pineapple chunks, dinner rolls & pumpkin pie for dessert. Haven’t eaten yet, wanted to save room :)
Sounds like Christmas or Easter dinner. If I weren't so full from lunch I would want to go to your house.

Excited, prices dropped on August cruise with the little, was able to grab one of the big aft balconies for just a tad more woot!
Congrats.

Hi I just wanted to give everyone a quick update since everyone is rooting us on with Brian and Universal. When you apply to Universal you set up an account. You can make changes to various things you submit, Brian went on to update something and he noticed his status this weekend said Phone interview scheduled
Wow. Hope he hears something soon.

Last night I had Chinese for supper. My fortune cookie said, "A pleasant surprise is in store for you." Today at church a friend gave me this.

It is sort of a marshmallow shaped sloth plushie. She found it in the valentine clearance at Kroger and got it for me since she knows I like sloths.

Long lost stranger checking in! Had some not so great times lately so I've been MIA!

But checking in from the HRH club tonight! Troy has officially moved to Orlando. Right now, he is working at Disney. Looking for a job in his field! Missing the boy so we hopped on down!

Hope everyone is well! Want to catch up with you!

IMG_8413.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter