Something About Nothing............ #14

Hey Bobbie! Happy Birthday to LIv! what great kids! Hope the move goes smoothly.
Tonight we will combine light and water
Love the Bellagio Fountains!! Hope your mom is doing ok with the boot!
Hello to Buckeev too
Happy BELATED Bday to Carole!!
Candy Corn wreath
OMG love them all-doing a quick scroll and speed reading-missed your post until I came to pictures and immediately thought -bet that is the talented Robo-had to scroll back to be sure but yep!! LOVE LOVE the pictures of your decorations!!
REalfood-I think I found you on Instagram!

OK only caught up to Monday! Need to get to bed as have been so tired since getting home Monday. Long day of traveling across 2 time zones. The smoke in air in seattle didn't help either. Been having gorgeous fall weather here now-cooler but sunny, low humidity etc. Need to clear out summer garden (still tons of tomatoes) and get fall/winter garden in. Want DH to build a cold frame so can keep the herbs this winter.
Can't remember the last update I did-we did go to ARches National Park in Utah-cost us a 4 hour detour but omg so gorgeous!! Perfect weather for being a desert. We did hike to obs point for the "famous" Delicate Arch, but we all wished we had time to do real hike to stand under it.
Got kiddo all settled in, walked around UofW campus. sightseeing didn't happen as with the smoke nothing could be seen! Campus is gorgeous even in smoke
Jealous of ya'll with countdowns now with bonus 2 HHN houses! But just paid UCF kid's room and board bill, so probably better that there is no trip lol!

Will try to do more catching up later.

Monyk, glad you made it back home safely.

Had been reading what you wrote while on your trips and kept thinking you would fill us in when you got back home.

Sounds like you had a great time!

Any new chicken pictures to share with us?

Schumi, I will have a rental car, so will go out for some meals. Doctor P area has lots of good places, And it is magical month, so looking forward to some very nice 3 course meals. Though sad won‘t be in SF’s restaurant.

I`m sure you`ll find some lovely places, so much choice offsite.

Hey Bobbie! Happy Birthday to LIv! what great kids! Hope the move goes smoothly.

Love the Bellagio Fountains!! Hope your mom is doing ok with the boot!
Hello to Buckeev too
Happy BELATED Bday to Carole!!

OMG love them all-doing a quick scroll and speed reading-missed your post until I came to pictures and immediately thought -bet that is the talented Robo-had to scroll back to be sure but yep!! LOVE LOVE the pictures of your decorations!!
REalfood-I think I found you on Instagram!

OK only caught up to Monday! Need to get to bed as have been so tired since getting home Monday. Long day of traveling across 2 time zones. The smoke in air in seattle didn't help either. Been having gorgeous fall weather here now-cooler but sunny, low humidity etc. Need to clear out summer garden (still tons of tomatoes) and get fall/winter garden in. Want DH to build a cold frame so can keep the herbs this winter.
Can't remember the last update I did-we did go to ARches National Park in Utah-cost us a 4 hour detour but omg so gorgeous!! Perfect weather for being a desert. We did hike to obs point for the "famous" Delicate Arch, but we all wished we had time to do real hike to stand under it.
Got kiddo all settled in, walked around UofW campus. sightseeing didn't happen as with the smoke nothing could be seen! Campus is gorgeous even in smoke
Jealous of ya'll with countdowns now with bonus 2 HHN houses! But just paid UCF kid's room and board bill, so probably better that there is no trip lol!

Will try to do more catching up later.

Thanks Monyk........

Nice pictures of your trip. Sorry you didn`t get to do more sightseeing, but the University does look lovely, hope she settles in well there.

I`d love to see Utah, one of our friends at RP is originally from there, and sends me some gorgeous pictures from out there.....it`s on the list.....that evergrowing list of places we want to visit.......

Friday is here!

Gorgeous day here this morning again......think it`ll be a walk on the beach day this morning.....I love days like this. Although it is chilly, so warmer jacket I think. Not quite hat and scarf weather yet, but it is chilly.

Laundry load in.....yep, very exciting.......it`ll be dry in no time as the sun hits the rear of our property around 10am and stays all day.......

Brought back some potato scones from Scotland, so we had them with a fried egg and bacon. Very unusual for me to eat a whole egg, but fingers crossed........not the healthiest of breakfasts, but now and again it`s delicious. Same again tomorrow.......

Dinner tonight is chicken breasts and I`ll make a honey mustard sauce.......a favourite in our home.

And our book group made the decision last night not to start it up through Zoom. It was an idea thrown out there, but most of us want to wait till we can gather as a group properly and there are way more than 6 of us, so not allowed right now.

cv85-X2.jpg

cv53-S.jpg

cv3078-M.jpg

:rotfl:

Have a wonderful Friday............

Don’t think I ever had a potato scone, Schumi. Most of the time, sweeter ones, or lemon flavored ones.

Ah yes,
DAE9B90D-C536-42E8-864A-90E70E514A0E.jpeg
Hehe, it is a Friday. No punching needed. LoL

So, 6EBF2859-45BD-4E00-A901-3F616EF06774.jpeg

Yay! Great pictures from MonyK. Glad all home safe, and great to see the very pretty area kid is going to school at. Oh I hear ya, while not having to pay school for room and board, I have 2 in college this year. But hey, will be at the Dark Side the next 2 weeks, any chance you can be around during that time? Seems still good priced airfare and AP rates still found. Just saying... Yeah, since SW decided to make my arrival night time, won’t see either houses if they don’t extend it to Monday. Oh well. Is nice they are still letting all see some of the houses since they did get ready until the last minute.

Ah, a rainy Friday, thanks to Sally. Thankfully no where near the amount of rain the Southern states got. Scary total inches I saw. Plus, with moon, higher tides did not help. Rip rides have been in the shore news lately, from Sally. Yeah, ocean gets the warmest in August at my shore, but by now, it is cooler, and a green color, so as my kids have said, we don’t swim anymore down the shore. We like to swim where you can see what’s in the water with you. And even as North as I am, we do get sharks. And whales, sadly a dead whale washed up the other day. But we also get those fun dolphins and good fishing both in the bay and deep sea.

And for Keisha,
B3C0B201-8878-49C5-9275-5F3C655AE02C.jpeg

So, while Schumi had a big breakfast, mine may be cereal or waffle. Almost time to see what I can find in the kitchen to eat. Later homies. May all have a most fabulous Friday.

Hey, and a chicken picture, a Mouse trip picture, pictures of those NY cute fish kids, more beautiful scene pictures, and decor too, would be great to see on the SANS. Just sayin’. 😊 Oh, and I will most likely be posting a picture of the airport in the night darkness this weekend. So there’s that. LoL

Lynne......A potato scone isn’t a scone at all......it’s flat, usually triangle shaped and cooked as part of a Scottish breakfast.......always fried!

And delicious.

This isn’t a full Scottish breakfast, but all I wanted that morning for breakfast........

AAE96181-7E66-44F1-87A1-136C8F7F11C2.jpeg

Ooh, I think I would like that for breakfast, Schumi. Yum. Thanks for posting what they look like. Hope your morning beach walk was nice.

Morning all!

I'm having a terrible time with the Dis on my phone. I'm getting those dreaded pop ups and redirects and it looks like a lot of people are now too, judging from the tech section. It takes me forever to work around it to post. Super frustrating!

Quick stop by to wish safe travels to everyone heading to Florida this weekend! I can't remember who is leaving on which day, so I'm probably a little early. Have wonderful trips, post pics and bring some sunshine and warmth here to PA if you're passing by.

I'll try to stop by later to catch up.

Someone asked about a pic of my mom's pupper.... This is a chiweenie! I took this pic a few months ago, he's about 6 pounds now and his ears are standing up like a Chihuahua. The only Dachshund features so far seem to be his coloring, big paws and his long body. Everything else looks Chihuahua. I have to find a nice pic of my guys somewhere to put up.

(as usual, you know I don't keep semi personal pics up for long)

Last edited:
Lynne, they are lovely, but definitely not an every day breakfast item.......easy to make too from scratch. Tom prefers my home made ones but don’t make them too often.

Yep, beach walk was lovely, place was deserted apart from a few dog walkers.

mac........will send you a pair of headphones to wear today......not a quiet job! When we got our kitchen extension done years ago......jeez......thought I was going crazy with the noise and brick dust......Tom kept reminding me I was the one who wanted that whole back part of the Wall removed......er yes......was worth it though. I was cleaning like a crazy woman the whole time!

mrose, that is a small dog!!

Lunch all done........brie, bacon and cranberry grilled sandwiches.....lush! I love brie.......

Popping into village for a few bits for the weekend.......and into closest town for the deli there.....love their continental meats and olives.....so many varieties.

:wave2:Hey all, too many pages to read back, hope all are well. Buried here dealing with family emergency that summoned us home on day three of beach trip earlier this month Thankfully, things are holding steady there. Was advised to keep upcoming trip in place, something you don’t have to tell me more than a few times :). Now, doing last minute planning I put off.

Belated wishes to a very special person::yes::

772EC93E-99A2-4A50-A174-3DBC5277DD9C.jpeg

PSA: For those with a HRH rewards account, check your emails for a nice ‘free night’ offer. Any number of points can be converted to the normal 40K point requirement for one night.

We were able to extend our trip and got a comped upgrade yesterday when I called. Surprised, as the resort is near occupancy my dates with so any bouncing over from SF etc.

Had hoped it would be lower crowds TBH. Same with Magical Dining’s typical upsurge. It’s nice they offer the special menus but things always seem hectic and a bit rushed those dates. That said, we are going to do Shark’s Grill this trip on our SW day.

For those getting ready to depart to MCO, happy trails!

Good to see you back on board Janet.........and can I say.......yes, you both deserve your trip for sure!!!

I LOVE the birthday greeting, thank you :hug:..........gotta ask.......is he the legend or is that me.............:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Yes, we actively avoid magical dining menu’s like the plague......the woman from Ocean Prime hates that time of year......too busy and too manic, but I’m guessing this year they’ll just be glad to have folks through the door.

Never heard of Shark’s Grill.......is that new?

Doh!!! Just realised you mentioned SeaWorld........:blush:

Bits and bobs shopping done.........the deli I mentioned just told us they may not be open much longer. Will be sad to see them go as they‘re completely independent of everyone and their products are first class. Hope they can survive this.

Exciting afternoon ahead :laughing:......washing out on the lines are all dry and ready to come in, iron them and put everything away.......Well, they all put their own away......

Then pot of tea time........feeling like Earl Grey today ☕

Haha, think you are following me Keisha. Reserved a day at SW and Sharks Grill reservation too. I had a very good filet last year there, on the magical deal. It is a nice restaurant and had a great waiter. Ooh so sorry beach trip had to be cut short, but glad the reason is now okay enough you can travel again. Oh and maybe I will see ya at HRH soon?

Very cute pup, McK. Yeah, I wi try to send some warm weather, as the weather lady today said a chilly weekend. Eh, will have to pull out that jacket. Boo, LoL

Schumi, will look for recipe for that, as it may be something all will eat.

Sun out, but you know the clouds are coming. Seems the rain is South and East of me, so just clouds today, no rain.

Mac, hope your new roof is nice. They took two days to do mine. Yep, some banging heard both days.

Happy Friday! I thought I was going to get to sleep in really late today, but 3 text messages in a row had me wide awake. Maybe I should turn the phone completely off at night.

I'm going to start my regular routine of laundry and house cleaning. How exciting.

MonyK - Nice pictures. THat campus does look very pretty.

This isn’t a full Scottish breakfast, but all I wanted that morning for breakfast........
That looks really good. What else is included in a full Scottish breakfast? The other day I got updated DNA results from Ancestry and, according to them, I have a fairly high Scottish background. That surprised me since I thought I had more Irish. (Maiden name is McLaughlin)

Will have a noisy day as roof replacement started at 7 this morning
Sounds like a good day to get out of the house. I was at work when ours was done.

I'm having a terrible time with the Dis on my phone. I'm getting those dreaded pop ups and redirects and it looks like a lot of people are now too, judging from the tech section. It takes me forever to work around it to post. Super frustrating!
I keep getting the same annoying ad from Verizon. I don't know how to get rid of it permanently.

Someone asked about a pic of my mom's pupper.... This is a chiweenie!
That was me. He's adorable.

Hey all, too many pages to read back, hope all are well. Buried here dealing with family emergency that summoned us home on day three of beach trip earlier this month Thankfully, things are holding steady there.
Hope everything is going well and you have a nice vacation.

Looks like we are going to have a nice day today. (It rained all day yesterday.) I'm going to open some windows.

I’m dealing with the noise charade
It’s doable.
They came at 7 this morning and work until 3 today

Tomorrow they will be back to work for another 7 hours

I just turn the tv volume up to drown out the noise
Cats are sleeping through the banging and drilling.

Mr Mac went kayaking today so he won’t be back until it’s quiet here.

I stay home all the time, there’s really no place for me to go to.

I can live with all the noise in the house as it’s worth it to get the new roof.
It’s one of those one time jobs for the house and we won’t have to deal with it ever again.

:wave2: Making a quick stop in!!!! I can't believe it is Friday already :banana: and I will take it. It just seemed like a long week, that dragged on forever

@schumigirl Happy Belated Birthday. I am still sad that you didn't get your trip in. I am hopeful that next year, we foreigners will be able to travel into the US. I am not good at waiting sometimes lol.

@buckeye I am very sorry to hear about the loss in your family. It leaves a huge hole that never really heals it seems. We learn to live with the hole, but that hole is always there.

@Elsaspiritanimal have a fantastic trip!!!!! I can not wait to hear more!

@macraven I agree, the new roof is worth the noise and banging. You will be happy once it is done. I hope you are doing well!

@mckennarose that chewenie is soooooooo cute!!!!! I can see the spunk in the eyes lol

@Charade67 housework....the chore that never ends!!!! I did a round in the house last night to get ready for the dd and gd flying in today!

@J'aime Paris I hope the weather turns around soon. It is time for 2020 to leave now. So many things have went sideways and backwards this year. Hang in there

@Lynne G how many more days until your countdown is at 0!!!! I will be living vicariously through all of you travelling. We were supposed to be travelling this fall, we were just about ready to make a final decision on where we were going to be going when covid hit. Now...we have zero idea when we will be able to travel into the US.

Just thought I would make a quick stop in. I keep reading along...make half a post then something pops into my desk that needs to be completed.

We had some cold weather earlier in the week...we only had a high of 39F for a couple of days....and one morning was 29F!!!! Soooo cold and way to early to have it that cold. But it has turned around and we should hit 75 today!!!! I will take that. Farmers are out in full force again after the cold temps and rain - so my allergies are horrible. Now everyone gives me the death stare when they hear me...even when I am wearing a mask! I want to write on the mask....in red....Allergies :rotfl: We also seem to have some smoke floating into our area from the fires in California, Oregon and Washington. So that doesn't help much either.

I had to do some extra cleaning last night. We bought our dd a plane ticket to come visit this weekend. my dh brother and his gf are coming to visit and they have not met the gd. So instead of her driving 7+ hours with a newly crawling 8 month old...I used some of my points from one of my CC to get a flight for our DD and GD. So Grammie was busy making sure that she couldn't reach or get into anything she shouldn't lol. Even though I just seen her two weeks ago...I can't wait to see my little sweet cheeks again!

Well I should clear the paperwork off this desk, so I can head to the airport to pick them up. They should be at the airport to get through security. It is a short 1.5 hr flight....basically up and down...but so much easier than driving 7 hours. This grammie can't wait to see both of them again!

Take care everyone that I have missed....Monk, Tink, bobbie, disneypro, keisha, Sue and anyone else I have missed

Attachments

• miteneac707c51-5fe9-4866-99ef-55bdeacaa1d3.jpg
    miteneac707c51-5fe9-4866-99ef-55bdeacaa1d3.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Aw Pumpkin, soon I will be down to zero. And so sorry your trip has to be delayed until whenever. What a cutie, thank you for sharing the picture. And yeah, Fall temps have come quick. And great to have GD coming to visit. So nice you could cover their flight fees.

Almost time for lunch. Hmm, what to eat? Thinking grilled cheese or grilled chicken. Have to wait until kids are done their classes. Think older one ends later than little one’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter