Something strange at POP

woody337

Mouseketeer
The week of July 17th, my wife and I stayed at pop. We were there for 8 nights. There was a room 5 down from us that had the curtains pulled open the entire time we were there. The beds look like someone had slept in them(no change from day to day) and there was a light on at the vanity. This room was the same way for the duration of our trip. There was also no luggage that we could see through the window. Anyone have an idea of what was going on?

Who knows? Could be shortstaffed and no mousekeepers to clean, could have been forgotten, the room may be ready for some refurbishment or there were people there who opted for the giftcard instead of mousekeeping.

Who knows? Could be shortstaffed and no mousekeepers to clean, could have been forgotten, the room may be ready for some refurbishment or there were people there who opted for the giftcard instead of mousekeeping.

Not sure that they are doing the gift cards now, but everything else, yes.

I have seen reports that they are leaving rooms vacant for a certain number of days - not sure how long that is.

Also this is almost a month later? If I were that concerned about what someone else was doing or not in their hotel room, I would have stopped by the front desk to express my concern. But honestly? I would have minded my own business and trusted the security checks to take care of any issues. Unless I saw blood or a body - then I would have called 911. But not waited until a month later.

Was this room 5119 or thereabouts? We just returned and were near that room. We noticed they were replacing the entire plank floor while we were there. Perhaps a flood?

The week of July 17th, my wife and I stayed at pop. We were there for 8 nights. There was a room 5 down from us that had the curtains pulled open the entire time we were there. The beds look like someone had slept in them(no change from day to day) and there was a light on at the vanity. This room was the same way for the duration of our trip. There was also no luggage that we could see through the window. Anyone have an idea of what was going on?

Yikes!!! I always wondered who these kind of people are.
Why were you looking into the window of other rooms? Do you do this often?
Does this mean the rest of us need to keep our drapes closed all of the time because of nosey people?
Seems rude and creepy.
Please stop.

Yikes!!! I always wondered who these kind of people are.
Why were you looking into the window of other rooms? Do you do this often?
Does this mean the rest of us need to keep our drapes closed all of the time because of nosey people?
Seems rude and creepy.
Please stop.

I think you’re reading way too much into this.

I’d probably notice a room with curtains wide open and a light on If I walked by a room multiple times a day several days in a row, especially at night.

I think you’re reading way too much into this.

I’d probably notice a room with curtains wide open and a light on If I walked by a room multiple times a day several days in a row, especially at night.

Nope, window peeping is a crime. My perception is valid.
It has been proven many times that crime does occur in the Disney bubble.
It is naïve to believe it doesn't.

The window peepers were not outside the room 24/7 so they had no idea what was happening or not happening in that room.
Just being creepy by looking into other peoples room through the window, which they admitted doing.

Nope, window peeping is a crime. My perception is valid
Nope. Huge difference between peeping and noticing. You walk by a room multiple times multiple days, curtain open, no big deal. Walk by the same room at night, with an interior light on, you maybe notice a little more. Observe the same thing multiple consecutive days, you get curious. Maybe concerned.

The window peepers were not outside the room 24/7 so they had no idea what was happening or not happening in that room.
You're right, they weren't. But every day at least twice a day, with no apparent changes, it's entirely reasonable to infer, at the very least, that nothing's changed.

Kudos for being so focussed you don't glance around, don't notice unusual situation. Clearly UP has a wider view.

No need for personal attacks about my perception of a situation.

You are making many assumptions and inferences. I do not understand why the situation was considered unusual when nothing was happening at all, just a room with a light on.
The lack of any observed activity or apparent changes as you indicated, means nothing. It is not reasonable to infer there is a problem based on their assumptions, without any concrete visualization, that something strange is going on. The people in the room were apparently not on the same schedule as the peepers; which is really a mute point as it shouldn't matter to the peepers.
Curious about nothing going on because you think there should be? Hmmm.....

The OP said they looked into the window and indicated they did not see any luggage so they were not just walking by and 'glancing' around.
They were actively looking onto someone else's room. They had to have stopped and looked into the room. This is strange.

If having a wider view means you can commit a crime, wow.
Now, noticing something that is actively going on should be paid attention to.
Too many people not minding their own business and interfering with unsolicited advice/actions, especially without cause. IMO.

Stay safe.

Just being creepy by looking into other peoples room through the window, which they admitted doing.
Judgmental much?? I find that way creepier than someone who has passed by the same room multiple times a day for multiple days with the curtains open.

I do not understand why the situation was considered unusual when nothing was happening at all, just a room with a light on.
Room with the same light on and no apparent change in the linens condition multiple consecutive days, and no visible luggage.
The lack of any observed activity or apparent changes as you indicated, means nothing. It is not reasonable to infer there is a problem based on their assumptions, without any concrete visualization, that something strange is going on.
That's probably better addressed with OP - the party who considered the situation strange.
The people in the room were apparently not on the same schedule as the peepers; which is really a mute point as it shouldn't matter to the peepers.
Resort guests not traveling together not being on the same schedule is completely normal (as is people not traveling together coincidentally being on the same schedule).
The OP said they looked into the window and indicated they did not see any luggage so they were not just walking by and 'glancing' around.
They were actively looking onto someone else's room. They had to have stopped and looked into the room. This is strange.
Again, kudos to anyone who can walk the same route time after time always looking just straight ahead without noticing, here, a 2.5'-3' glass opening just a couple of feet from their eyes (although it's probably disappointing to guests who decorate the room window - but that's a topic for another thread).

As far as I can tell, a window peeper would actually be stopped right outside the window, possibly with their nose pressed up against the window, under cover of darkness, staring at the people on the other/inside of the window - not someone who glances through wide-open drapes, even repeatedly, at an apparently empty but unmade-up day after day hotel room.

Of course. Did somebody in this thread say this? You seem somehow overly upset or triggered by something that seems like a perfectly normal observation.

Well, lock me up and throw away the key, because I don't shield my eyes when I walk by a room with open curtains. lol.

No need for personal attacks about my perception of a situation.
Nobody is attacking you. But you did call the OP nosey, rude and creepy. That seemed like a personal attack to me.
You are making many assumptions and inferences. I do not understand why the situation was considered unusual when nothing was happening at all, just a room with a light on.
The lack of any observed activity or apparent changes as you indicated, means nothing. It is not reasonable to infer there is a problem based on their assumptions, without any concrete visualization, that something strange is going on. The people in the room were apparently not on the same schedule as the peepers; which is really a mute point as it shouldn't matter to the peepers.
Curious about nothing going on because you think there should be? Hmmm.....

If having a wider view means you can commit a crime, wow.
Now, noticing something that is actively going on should be paid attention to.
Too many people not minding their own business and interfering with unsolicited advice/actions, especially without cause. IMO.

Stay safe.
We all are. None of us were there.

I would have absolutely noticed walking past a lit room with the curtains open that looked exactly the same every time for my entire trip.

Who *wouldn't* notice that?
Exactly.

Especially when you are at the end of a row at a value/moderate and you need to pass the same windows several times a day.
It's unusual for people to leave their curtains open, so your eyes become naturally drawn to something different, such as open curtains.

Judgmental much?? I find that way creepier than someone who has passed by the same room multiple times a day for multiple days with the curtains open.
Hmm....I guess I am judging when it appears a crime is being committed.
Your choice to ignore that and accept illegal behaviors by others; we don't know what the intent is when someone is looking inside of other people's room by looking in the window.

Would you ignore that if someone did that to you and were in the room?

Wow, agree to disagree.
There are more people that look into other people's rooms than I thought.

I am also surprised that lots of people here think this is OK with the excuse of I was just walking by and glanced into the room looking for luggage and how the room looked different from when I looked earlier that day.

Peeping into a room can happen anytime of day, as evidenced by the OP. It is a crime.

This is a heads up to everyone to keep their curtains closed, lots of people are looking at you and your room. Otherwise no privacy.

:rotfl:
Observing your surroundings is not equal to watching from the bushes with a pair of binoculars.

And while I wouldn't appreciated someone staring in at me not only would my curtains not be open when I was in the room but the OP gave no indication they were standing outside the window gawking with their face pressed to the glass. Everything they discussed is information any rational, observant human would gather from their environment. Clearly that level of observation is not your jam but I don't think that means we should label OP a criminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter