Song of the South review on Youtube

FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
Welcome to the Basement is a monthly series on YouTube where Matt Sloane co-founder of Blame Society Films (the people behind Chad Vader) watches a movie he has never seen with his friend and fellow comedic actor Craig Johnson, and then they discuss the movie.

This month, they did Song of the South. There's a 19 minute video available here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3QcBspcxqs

Edit: Watch out, there's a little language.

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed it so much I've gone back and watched most of their other reviews. For anyone interested they also do a review of The Great Mouse Detective.

I have a mixed review of the review.

On the positive side, at the end it presented a very interesting set of perpectives, i.e. differing and thoughtful opinions about the core narrative of the film.

On the less positive side, the general tone of these two is that of a less clever version of the old Mystery Science 3000 show. They employ the same basic idea, critique films using snarky revisionism thinly disguised as humor. And that thoughtful discussion at the end was sullied by the erroneous reference to "slave" characters; the movie has been inarguably documented as being set during reconstruction (costumes worn by Johnnie and his mother are new Victorian era style --which started in the mid 1870s-- and Uncle Remus is a free man giiven his decision to leave the plantation).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter