South Africa

abbyjt,
How exciting to be leaving today!:goodvibes Have a wonderful trip and we can't wait to hear from you. We leave in 2 weeks!:cool1:

Dotti,
We will have Tina on our trip and will tell her "Hi" from you!:cheer2: She seems awesome.

abbyjt, have a WONDERFUL trip! Looking forward to your reports!

Sayhello

abbyjt,
Glad to hear from you :goodvibes! I have been watching the weather for your trip and hope you haven't had too much rain.:headache: :confused:Do we need to bring gloves and heavy coats? Let us know more when you have a chance!

Subscribing! My sister and I plan to do this trip next summer; would love to hear how everyone does!

Tina & craig r our guides. 16ppl 8adults 8 age 11 to 18.trip is great. Hotels r nice. Free wi fi at 2 nd hotel. Very cold & rainy . Not spoiliing fun. I am wearing 2 fleeces & a lined raincoat .

Dear Abbyjt,

Sounds like you have a good balance of adults and kids in your group.:) I think our group will be around 35 people in total. How has the food been so far? Thank you for giving us a heads up on the clothing. We will keep our fingers crossed that your weather will get better. Have you had much free time to shop in Capetown? Tell us more when you can. :goodvibes

One more question. Did ABD give you binoculars in your welcome package the first night or did you bring your own binoculars?

We got binoculars but table mnt was closed. We did alternate stuff. We went to robben island our 1st day. Try to do this. Good amount of shopping time. ATM at ba waterfront, not at airport. Food is good & varied. Having great time. Guides say game drives r freezeing & advised us to buy hats & gloves if didn't bring. I did.

abbyjt,
Sorry about you missing Table Mountain.:headache: We have already booked Robbin Island for a pre day and I am glad you recommend it. Did you walk from hotel to Waterfront? Thanks for all of your good info about packing! What about shoes? Do we need water shoes? Hope your weather stays nice now! Thanks.:flower3:

Your hotel is at waterfront ours had a shuttle. Didn't need water shoes so far, have flip flops. Got to top of signal hill in a clear moment. Guides did great job fitting it in.

Weather has improved, table mtn still closed. Restaurants & shops don't use much heat. Loving every second.

I was starting to ask what you were enjoying the most but you said everything so that sounds wonderful! :cool1: I've just pulled out our gloves to make sure they are packed. Does anyone dress up very much for dinners?:confused:

Sounds like you are having a great time! Are you expecting to experience dramatic weather changes once you travel to the reserve? Will it be warmer in other words??

Thank You so much for the info, I really want to book this next year so I am relying on your reports for guidance!!!

No dressing for dinner. All casual. Weather is better. Saw monkey & bird places today, really great.

abbyjt,
Wow.:cool1: Can't believe you are already on Day 7 and it sounds like a lot of fun. I am glad you are enjoying it. One of my DD sometimes gets carsick. Are any of the bus rides a problem? Other than Robbin Island and Table Mountain, is there anything in CT that you wish you had more time for? Thanks for all of your info!:hippie:

Got home a few hours ago. Great trip everyone - you will love it. But, as Abby told you, it's a chilly one. It is warmer when you are at Kapama - but the drives are really chilly - open air land cruiser before the sun comes up and after it goes down. You need hats and gloves. Face masks wouldn't be a bad idea if you get really cold. Bring more memory cards than you think you need!

Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter