Southwest airlines

LOL anne60! An hour and a half of whining is the sign of a persistant personality! :p
That must mean something but I don't know what. :D
Anyway, yes, I will count my blessings, that would have been worse.

denisenh, why didn't you put your 5 year old next to that woman??? Just a thought. Seriously, I can't imagine a parent putting such a young child in that row without the parent. What if the person next to that child were a molester?? I know it sounds terrible, but stranger things have happened.

OK, to make this post relevant, I LOVE SW! Cattle call or not, they're one of the most efficient and consistent airlines out there. And not to mention, financially healthy.

We were very happy with Southwest in December. They will only pre-board 3 and under at MCO, but the line for pre-boarding was at least 60 long. My youngest is 5, but they allowed us to pre-board under disability--my 8 year old is diabetic so we honestly can't be separated from him. At BWI, there were only about 5 or so in the pre-board line.

I just wish they flew out of National or Dulles because going to Baltimore isn't the greatest, but it's worth the $250 I saved on tickets.

Another thing, even though they say they don't serve snacks, they did serve drinks and packaged snacks, so that was a surprise.

Right now we have refundable air from BWI on US Air, but I'm hoping for a better deal from Southwest. A woman I work with says it was horrible to fly from BWI with Southwest last Thanksgiving (same time we are gong this year). We're hoping to get the first flight of the morning. How many hours early do we have to be there???? I saw on a website BWI is telling passengers to get there 2 hours early, but my friend said some people ended up missing their flight due to long lines. I don't know if it's worth a potentially cheaper air fare. Any thoughts/comments/experiences? We're coming home the day after Thanksgiving and are hoping to take the last flight of the day (is it a possibility we will be bumped)?

Thanks all you Southwest experts!

I just flew Southwest last weekend. I travelled alone with my three year old daughter and I thought they were very efficient. I did not like having to line up to get a boardng pass but they really do make it go quickly. I got to preboard which was great and they made me strap her carseat into the window seat so I had to sit in the middle seat. (not my favorite seat!) The only complaints I had was that people were kind of pushy as they lined up to get their boarding passes and I was almost knocked over when I tried to get into the preboard line at West Palm Beach. I LOVED the flight attendants though. They were funny, friendly and very good at what they did. OVerall I feel I will use Southwest again, and you can't beat their rates.

Yeah, I loved the little song that our male flight attendent sang as we were arriving from MCO to Norfolk, at about 10:30 at night.

To the toon of that old Barney favorite "I love you, you love me..."

We love you, You love us
We are faster than a bus

If you will marry me
Then you will fly for free.

The whole plane just LOST it!!!

KBeverina--- you could always drive down to Norfolk and fly out of there. It is non stop, and there is an early morning flight, and a late afternoon flight. Just a thought.....

denisenh,
What it means is that the parent has NO control over his/her child and cares not one whit about anyone else.
I think I would have asked her to muffle the child.

Flying out of NH for business, a male flight attendent was singing to the tune of Row, Row, Row the Boat

Move, Move, down the aisles
Quick as you can go.
Sit your fanny in a sit
Then we all can go!

Just back today from WDW. We flew SWA out of Louisville to Tampa.
Great flights...on time even early. Got there 2 hrs early to check in(good idea)...no problem
getting boarding passes.We were in the first 30 both flights.Will use SWA
anytime. Great fare and great service!!! Debbie-Indiana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter