Southwest dropped our scheduled Return flight.

I usually like it when they change - usually this means a free change to a better (more expensive) flight.
I wish that happened to me, but they moved me without asking to a AM direct flight and I was on an evening direct. I had to get a refund and book on Jetblue. So now I fly to MCO on SW and home on JB. It worked out!

I wish that happened to me, but they moved me without asking to a AM direct flight and I was on an evening direct. I had to get a refund and book on Jetblue. So now I fly to MCO on SW and home on JB. It worked out!

Yes - but u can ask to be changed to any other flight u want.

That said, u are right. It doesn't always work out. Last Christmas, they changed my direct flight to an early morning one stop. I didn't like it and ended up moving my flight two days later as there werent any flights on that original day I liked. Worked out pretty ok for us as by that time I ended up deciding I preferred to fly two days later anyway.

Is this still the max8 fallout? Thats what happened to me - I was booked on a direct Max8 flight and those all got cancelled. It did stink a bit as I had the perfect flight and flight time.

Yes - but u can ask to be changed to any other flight u want.

That said, u are right. It doesn't always work out. Last Christmas, they changed my direct flight to an early morning one stop. I didn't like it and ended up moving my flight two days later as there werent any flights on that original day I liked. Worked out pretty ok for us as by that time I ended up deciding I preferred to fly two days later anyway.

Is this still the max8 fallout? Thats what happened to me - I was booked on a direct Max8 flight and those all got cancelled. It did stink a bit as I had the perfect flight and flight time.
no clue why? But I wasnt wanting to leave disney on a 8:55 am flight nope no way! I had picked a 4pm and that one got dropped. Just hope anyone who wants to change gets a heads up on changes so they can fix it. Sorry for those who were not notified :(

We had a similar problem last fall. A different Airline cancelled the second half of our flight.
It was a huge hassle to get the flight rebooked as we fly into a small airport with only 2 flights per day.
We ended up staying overnight in Chicago at our cost. Found a great hotel and restaurant, so it worked out, but was more expensive as the airline coverend none of that cost.
Good luck.

I happened to be checking my flight times the other day to give my travel agent for scheduling our Magical Express pick-up and I could have sworn my flight home had been a non stop but when I checked it had a lay over. I thought I was just remembering it wrong but after reading this thread I wonder if this is what happened. I changed it to another non stop for a later time which happened to be less expensive, so ended up with a refund, but as I explored the other options it did appear other selections would have cost more. I am going to go back and look at my original flight info to check. As I said I found another flight that worked (not as well as the first one I "thought" I had!) But I want to see if I am imagining things (I did look at a lot of options) or if really chose that flight. Either way from this thread it sounds like this happens frequently with Southwest and I should keep an eye out for possible changes in case I don't receive any email. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Yes, that is what I meant. He’d like a later time for the same $$ as his previously booked flight. I’ll check for an email and call them.

Thank you!
As long as they have flight that they want; they should be able to change it no problem and no fee. If they don't have a flight he wants you will most likely be able to be refunded if requested. We've done both many times.

I don't fly SW but a couple months after I bought our honeymoon tickets (perfect flight times, I was ecstatic!) we were notified that they changed us. The new flights meant we would have to miss our wedding in order to make it to our honeymoon. I called and I was told that they change flights around seasonally and that my flight will more than likely come back and they'll put me back on my original flight. I won't lie I'm stressed about it. But I'm choosing to believe that it's going to work out like they promised it would.

I happened to be checking my flight times the other day to give my travel agent for scheduling our Magical Express pick-up and I could have sworn my flight home had been a non stop but when I checked it had a lay over. I thought I was just remembering it wrong but after reading this thread I wonder if this is what happened. I changed it to another non stop for a later time which happened to be less expensive, so ended up with a refund, but as I explored the other options it did appear other selections would have cost more. I am going to go back and look at my original flight info to check. As I said I found another flight that worked (not as well as the first one I "thought" I had!) But I want to see if I am imagining things (I did look at a lot of options) or if really chose that flight. Either way from this thread it sounds like this happens frequently with Southwest and I should keep an eye out for possible changes in case I don't receive any email. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
It's only frequent at the moment due to MAX 8 issues. Prior to this SWA has always been the one airline I can count on to really not change my flights as part of a norm.

Delta on the other hand when we went to Hawaii in 2016 liked to change ours from 2:10pm to 2:07pm (random example) and other changes. Extremely precise sure but I don't really like having all that adjustment.

I should also note my husband flew for 9 months last year every 2 weeks and not one of his flights was impacted not a single one. It def. has been happening to people with the MAX 8 but not everyone has been impacted by it.

Ugh…I'm going to have to do this as well. I just noticed they changed our flight home from 4pm to 855 (and I did not get an email regarding the change which really irritates me).

I am now waiting for SW customer service to call me back and I plan on cancelling and booking with Jet Blue for 245pm. If the flight down doesn't change then we'll be going down on SW and home on JB.

Ugh…I'm going to have to do this as well. I just noticed they changed our flight home from 4pm to 855 (and I did not get an email regarding the change which really irritates me).

I am now waiting for SW customer service to call me back and I plan on cancelling and booking with Jet Blue for 245pm. If the flight down doesn't change then we'll be going down on SW and home on JB.
Thats the exact flight I booked and the rebooked me on 8:55Am, no way honey! So I got the money back and rebooked JB 2:45pm home!!! Now my April Jetblue Flights have literally plummeted in cost from when I bought them and I cant do anything about it! How I would love to get the money back or credit and rebook at current prices! So frustrating!

Thats the exact flight I booked and the rebooked me on 8:55Am, no way honey! So I got the money back and rebooked JB 2:45pm home!!! Now my April Jetblue Flights have literally plummeted in cost from when I bought them and I cant do anything about it! How I would love to get the money back or credit and rebook at current prices! So frustrating!

So I didn’t pull the trigger just yet since the JB flight is $111 more each, and I need to change three tickets. I’m wondering if they’ll come down. I’m also wondering if I should apply for the Jb credit card to get some free luggage? I’m just not as familiar with JB but if SW keeps doing this, having their cc isn’t going to do me much good.

So I didn’t pull the trigger just yet since the JB flight is $111 more each, and I need to change three tickets. I’m wondering if they’ll come down. I’m also wondering if I should apply for the Jb credit card to get some free luggage? I’m just not as familiar with JB but if SW keeps doing this, having their cc isn’t going to do me much good.
keep checking all our april flights dropped crazy low! I just didnt want to be locked into SW making me come home at 8:55AM! the SW flight was for my June/july trip. not sure why SW dropped that last nonstop 4pm flight! GOOD LUCK!!!!

keep checking all our april flights dropped crazy low! I just didnt want to be locked into SW making me come home at 8:55AM! the SW flight was for my June/july trip. not sure why SW dropped that last nonstop 4pm flight! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks! I checked again and it seems our prices have not come down. I'm super bummed because I only paid $100/each for the tickets I would cancel. It was such a great deal! The JB flight that I would change to are $211/each PLUS $30/bag and we'd probably have three bags. SW told me I can make a one-time change for free so I am exploring my options before I do something hasty and regret it.

Our SW May 9 flight out of Phila went from $131 yesterday to $79 this morning. Return flight is still higher than what we paid.

I don't fly SW but a couple months after I bought our honeymoon tickets (perfect flight times, I was ecstatic!) we were notified that they changed us. The new flights meant we would have to miss our wedding in order to make it to our honeymoon. I called and I was told that they change flights around seasonally and that my flight will more than likely come back and they'll put me back on my original flight. I won't lie I'm stressed about it. But I'm choosing to believe that it's going to work out like they promised it would.
Oh you are brave. No way would I count on them giving the flight back. I’d book what would work today while you can. There is no way the agent you spoke to can know with no doubt your flight will come back

It's only frequent at the moment due to MAX 8 issues. Prior to this SWA has always been the one airline I can count on to really not change my flights as part of a norm.

Delta on the other hand when we went to Hawaii in 2016 liked to change ours from 2:10pm to 2:07pm (random example) and other changes. Extremely precise sure but I don't really like having all that adjustment.

I should also note my husband flew for 9 months last year every 2 weeks and not one of his flights was impacted not a single one. It def. has been happening to people with the MAX 8 but not everyone has been impacted by it.

I usually fly Delta and we experienced changes like that as well. They were usually small amounts of time and didn't affect our schedule.

I did go back and check my original SW flight and it was a non stop and left late afternoon, it was really the perfect flight and I'm bummed it got changed! The flight they moved me to only left about an hour later than that , but with the layover I only ended up getting in an hour earlier than the 9 p.m. non-stop flight I changed to.

I also looked back and did not find any emails about my original flight being changed. I am hoping maybe it will open back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!