Southwest Flights Released for XMAS today

Any news on when the Hawaii flights will start?
I don’t know but I’m interested. We are planning a 2020 trip to Aulani.

I find it weird that the prices for our dates haven’t changed in the past several days. I am going to try to extend our vouchers tomorrow but I don’t want to book until these prices drop. Quick question: If I book a lower priced flight using my vouchers that is later in the day but the earlier flight drops to the same price can I switch the time?

The prices are now a wee bit kooky in November. We ended up reserving on our points (when the prices were $150pp). Those same tickets are now about $300pp. The same tickets are way cheaper on Delta for the same route, and at better times. I'm a bit confused why SW pricing is so high right now.

I ended up extending our vouchers and booking a one-way with them. I now have both flights there and back booked. I had to book one later in the day due to it being such a lower price. I did find out that I can change the flight time if the earlier flights get lowered. I'll keep stalking and hoping.

I ended up extending our vouchers and booking a one-way with them. I now have both flights there and back booked. I had to book one later in the day due to it being such a lower price. I did find out that I can change the flight time if the earlier flights get lowered. I'll keep stalking and hoping.
Just keep a lookout when they have one of those 3 day sales. They put a big graphic on the front page. They did the Summer one a few months ago and did a Fall one as well. Eventually you will see one that will reference Winter. During the most recent one I saw a lot of ticket prices drop except for the flight I booked. Those prices went up. I stuck with our flight time though since it will work better for us.

Just keep a lookout when they have one of those 3 day sales. They put a big graphic on the front page. They did the Summer one a few months ago and did a Fall one as well. Eventually you will see one that will reference Winter. During the most recent one I saw a lot of ticket prices drop except for the flight I booked. Those prices went up. I stuck with our flight time though since it will work better for us.
Thank you. I will keep a lookout for that. I'm SO glad I bought yesterday. All of the flights for our date went up today. Some about $50/ticket. But the one I booked went up $90/ticket! Those earlier flights will now have to drop A LOT before I can change it. There's still hope!

Thank you. I will keep a lookout for that. I'm SO glad I bought yesterday. All of the flights for our date went up today. Some about $50/ticket. But the one I booked went up $90/ticket! Those earlier flights will now have to drop A LOT before I can change it. There's still hope!
I noticed today that they opened a lot more Wanna Getaway seats for all the fall months, including December this morning.

I noticed today that they opened a lot more Wanna Getaway seats for all the fall months, including December this morning.
Yeah, the prices are back to where they were a couple of days ago, except my flight. It's still $20 more than what I paid. So I'm still glad I booked. I just wish those earlier flights would drop! Is there a way to set up alerts for when they drop?

My flight to MCO dropped by $10 which gave me about 4000 points back. The real killer was the flight back home and it's lower than a few days ago but not lower than what we paid. Still too high IMO. Guess I'll just be thankful for my 4000 points and ADRs today.

Just got an email today on their fall sale. Might want to check the prices for your flights. Our travel dates dropped down to $99 one way so I rebooked our tickets.

Just got an email today on their fall sale. Might want to check the prices for your flights. Our travel dates dropped down to $99 one way so I rebooked our tickets.

Dang! I check every single morning and I've currently got $106 for MDW to MCO and $166 on the return for 2 of us / $146 for 3 of us. Would love $99 for the return flights!

Wow. I see from your signature that we are going to WDW at the same time. I'm so happy your prices went down. The departing flight I'm wanting to book is still $299! I need it to be $183 or less to be able to change it without paying more. Will they add more sales later, or is this it?

The prices are now a wee bit kooky in November. We ended up reserving on our points (when the prices were $150pp). Those same tickets are now about $300pp. The same tickets are way cheaper on Delta for the same route, and at better times. I'm a bit confused why SW pricing is so high right now.
This! I was on the morning of release and wasn’t wowed by the prices so I didn’t book. I’ve been watching and they just keep going up and up. I actually ended up booking first class on delta for cheaper than southwest. Like $300/piece cheaper. Crazy!

Wow. I see from your signature that we are going to WDW at the same time. I'm so happy your prices went down. The departing flight I'm wanting to book is still $299! I need it to be $183 or less to be able to change it without paying more. Will they add more sales later, or is this it?
Southwest usually has pretty regular sales. They always have a main sale in the spring, summer, fall, and winter. I would just keep checking back. Usually about 2 weeks out from your departure date is when you can give up all hope on any prices lowering.

Southwest usually has pretty regular sales. They always have a main sale in the spring, summer, fall, and winter. I would just keep checking back. Usually about 2 weeks out from your departure date is when you can give up all hope on any prices lowering.
Yes, I plan on continuing to check. I actually check several times each day.

I ended up changing my trip to a day earlier to get better airfare pricing. There are 5 of us and we booked at $106/ea for a Saturday night flight instead of Sunday morning. I had one studio booked for the extra night (just in case) from the start to allow for flight flexibility. (Got a second studio by stalking a few days later.)

Still hoping for cheaper return flights.

If any of you haven't been checking, my flights went down a few times since booking.

Late last night I made what will probably be my last change. In the end, I went from $116 to MCO (not too bad) to $106 (I'll take it) and $166 return flight is now down to $116. That's the one I was working on $10 at a time and sometimes only able to change fares for some of us.

So, I'd say I'm always hoping for $99 or less fares, but being so close to Xmas, $106 and $116 aren't awful! (I used points so modifications are pretty easy.)

I did notice that Early Bird check in is now $20 and I'm pretty sure it was $15 at booking. I didn't buy it. Guess I'll hope for the best.

If any of you haven't been checking, my flights went down a few times since booking.

Late last night I made what will probably be my last change. In the end, I went from $116 to MCO (not too bad) to $106 (I'll take it) and $166 return flight is now down to $116. That's the one I was working on $10 at a time and sometimes only able to change fares for some of us.

So, I'd say I'm always hoping for $99 or less fares, but being so close to Xmas, $106 and $116 aren't awful! (I used points so modifications are pretty easy.)

I did notice that Early Bird check in is now $20 and I'm pretty sure it was $15 at booking. I didn't buy it. Guess I'll hope for the best.

Hi am I understanding you correctly, are you saying you had booked flights and were able to get them updated to a lower fare? I booked my flights and didn't know that the fare could be changed once booked. Am I wrong in my thinking? If I can updated to lower fare if one is available how do I do that? Thank you in advance for any and all help.

@Ms.Minnie

My flights were booked with Rapid Rewards points, so the fares are fully refundable. I cancel and rebook when I find a better price. Changing the flight is also possible but then the fees paid are no longer refundable. They would only be returned via a credit for a future flight (within 12 mo.) I typically have enough points to just book the new fare as soon as I see it and then go back and cancel my original flights. Otherwise, some risk of losing the flight exists.

I have not booked a flight on cash in a very long time.....but I think:
For cash flights, some are refundable some are not. Wanna Get Away (lowest priced) fares are not. However, you can change/cancel them and get a credit voucher, then use your credit to book the lower priced flight. Again, 12 month rule applies for the voucher balance (amount the flight went down) and if you don't use it you lose it.

BIG BUT: If you've booked Early Bird check in, you will lose it. I don't book Early Bird until I'm very satisfied with my flight price, if at all.

@Ms.Minnie

My flights were booked with Rapid Rewards points, so the fares are fully refundable. I cancel and rebook when I find a better price. Changing the flight is also possible but then the fees paid are no longer refundable. They would only be returned via a credit for a future flight (within 12 mo.) I typically have enough points to just book the new fare as soon as I see it and then go back and cancel my original flights. Otherwise, some risk of losing the flight exists.

I have not booked a flight on cash in a very long time.....but I think:
For cash flights, some are refundable some are not. Wanna Get Away (lowest priced) fares are not. However, you can change/cancel them and get a credit voucher, then use your credit to book the lower priced flight. Again, 12 month rule applies for the voucher balance (amount the flight went down) and if you don't use it you lose it.

BIG BUT: If you've booked Early Bird check in, you will lose it. I don't book Early Bird until I'm very satisfied with my flight price, if at all.

Thanks, I think I will just stick with what I have but appreciate your quick response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter