Spam spectrum pop up

MinnieMSue

DIS Veteran
Not sure where to ask this but pretty much daily at least I have to close Disboards on my phone because a spam Spectrum ad pops up and won’t let you continue on the boards. Am I the only one this is happening to? I’m using an iPhone. It is similar to those annoying “you have won a free iPhone” things that used to pop up

It’s been happening to me too on my iPhone for close to a week. Doesn’t happen on laptop. Have to close Safari, open it again, and delete history. Works for a while then starts all over again. Very frustrating.

I use an adblocker on my PC and never have those issues. Never used this site on my phone, the screen is too small. I just wait until I am back home to use various websites.

Same thing here lately, but Xfinity instead of Spectrum. Also always on my iPhone, not the PC.

I think it’s attached to one of the ads, and happens when that one comes up in the rotation. But by the time it happens, it blocks the whole screen, so I can’t figure out which ad!

I was so disappointed the pop ups are back.
Besides the winner pop ups I'm getting these small ads in the corner.. they are not as annoying cause I can move them.

I'm getting the "winner" pop ups again on my iPad. When I had these before, I read somewhere to turn off Java Script in Safari - which works, but limits functions on the Dis (can't use quote feature, etc.). My memory is that last time they eventually stopped but I don't remember how long that took.

I'm getting the "winner" pop ups again on my iPad. When I had these before, I read somewhere to turn off Java Script in Safari - which works, but limits functions on the Dis (can't use quote feature, etc.). My memory is that last time they eventually stopped but I don't remember how long that took.

Use Chrome browser with java script off. Can still quote and most functionality is still there. That's the only way I use the boards. I cannot handle the stupid ads and ad blockers are just more junk to have to keep updated with security patches and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!