Special Ticket offering for DVC Members

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
In 2017, there was something offered for members for both an AP and park tickets. The AP was a better price than usual and I think the park ticket was like 1 extra day for every 2 or 3 purchased.

Member services said if they offer anything it will be in 2019 for tickets good through 2020. Basically every other year since tickets are good through the following year.

Does anybody recall what that was for 2017?

Does anybody remember when it was offered/released? I seem to think it was later in 2017.

I'd say the general thought is that we won't see any offerings. They seemed to coincide with times when WDW felt there was lower than expected attendance. We've now reached the point that any AP would be hitting the opening of Star Wars Land and park managements are working on how to limit the crush not add to it. Perhaps there will be an offer that would somehow exclude it but it's probably most likely that there will be nothing for awhile. This every other year trend referenced by MS is maybe 3 offers total over the years? So not really a trend per se. I'm recalling 3 different special ticket offers that varied in value and perhaps 2 special AP offers. And of those the ticket offer and an AP offer came at the same time at least once. There was an AP offer in 2012. The referenced AP and ticket offer in 2017 was announced in early July. And then another couple of ticket offers that were things like 1 entry into each of the parks, the Plus option for free or a small discount on a ticket that could be used over a 6 month timeframe for entry.

The offer of the Gold AP is still quite a discount over a full price AP for the general public albeit comes with blackout dates.

The 2017 AP offer was a Platinum Plus AP for $559. I just looked at my email receipt. It had to be purchased by sometime around Jan 3, 2018 and activated by Dec 31, 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter