Specialty souvenir question

scoobert2

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am wanting to pick up specific souvenirs and wondered if you guys could tell me where to get them and if you have any more ideas that I haven't ran across.

1. I read about a picture you take in a shop and they turn it into a 3d type scary picture. maybe a ghost? Does anyone know what that is and where you get it? I think it was in MK somewhere.

2. I want to get a pearl opened. I was thinking about bringing my own cage since it would be cheaper. Any thoughts?

3. I always buy a Christmas ornament on our vacations. They seem super pricey from what I've read. Any hints or ideas on that?

4. Any other specialty/novelty item that isn't run-of-the mill type stuff?

Thanks so much for reading!

3. There is a nice Christmas shop in MK and a really large one at Disney Springs - the ornaments are pricey ($15-$25), but they are super cute, so it is always worth it to us to get a couple.

2. I bought cages to take with us for my daughter. I bought a Cinderella carriage and a Minnie. I went with plated versions because my daughter is 4 and likely to lose them. (We lose necklaces a lot lately.) But there are also sterling silver ones available that should be cheaper than what you can find at the pearl place.

Another place to find ornaments is in the German pavilion at Epcot. There is a shop there selling hand blown ornaments. If I recall correctly, there were some small ones for about $8. They are not Disney themed, but they are beautiful. The larger Minnie and Mickey themed ones were in the $25 range I think.

Can anyone think of any other souvenir ideas? I don't usually go for the shirt/hat/ears/etc type things.

Can anyone think of any other souvenir ideas? I don't usually go for the shirt/hat/ears/etc type things.

If you get over to Trader Sam's at the Polynesian, they have very cool souvenir cups. They range from smaller to larger, but they are all pretty fun. Jock Lindsay's at Disney Springs also has some (they are different at each location).

Real inexpensive option - one year for my birthday I bought a pad of paper, went to each country in WS and had a cast member write happy birthday in their language and sign it. Bought a pin from each country and took a picture of the country. Made a shadow box when I got home. You wouldn't have to have happy birthday, just something in their language. Some of the CMs really got into it and wrote more and talked for a while.

Watches, I'm addicted, I get one every trip. You can get some inexpensive ones in every gift shop.

I made a charm bracelet of all disney charms. I buy a new one every year (I actually have three, one sterling silver, one gold and one inexpensive one. You can get inexpensive ones in every shop, I'm guessing not more than $10 each, some have the ones with at least one Mickey charm already on a chain.

I love our silhouettes. We bought the glass Mickey shaped Christmas ornaments and it's a favorite. We also bought a set of ornaments that had one for each park: castle, tree of life, apprentice hat (guess we need to update that one), spaceship Earth, Tink, Mickey, and a train. It was only $20. I think we picked it up at World of Disney.

The souvenir I use the most is a mug with a photo taken at the Epcot Character spot of my family with the entire Fab 5. I drink out of that mug most mornings.

As it's
This is my first trip ever. So excited!!!!

That's awesome, you are gonna love WDW! As an FYI, all the Disney merch is the same price no matter where you are shopping. If an item is $18.99 at one shop there's no need to shop around at other places on property...it's gonna be $18.99 everywhere you look. I would also recommend that you download the Shop Disney Parks App (free.) You can browse all the stuff before you get there and you can either buy it through the app or it will show which shops on property have a particular item in stock. It includes a TON of stuff, but not the souvenir drinking glasses & popcorn buckets. :earsboy:

I'm interested in souvenir cups/mugs/buckets because as far as I know, you can truly only get them at Disney. You cannot order them online and when you get home you can drink and eat pop corn out of them.

I want to start a souvenir cup collection so I can use them every day. Does anyone know if there's someplace I can find a list of restaurants/kiosks that sell souvenir cups?

Jewelry. Every trip at least one piece. The stores in WS used to have a better selection but I still manage to find something that I like. It's nice because every day I wear something that was purchased in WDW, a pair of earrings or bracelet or charms. The store over near the Boardwalk has a large selection of Kameleon pop jewelry. This way always have a little Disney with me.

Art of Animation sells a Crush turtle cup for around $15 that was super cool. Didn't see it anywhere else. Also at the shop at the airport, I saw little metal model like things of the Haunted Mansion and a couple of other Disney icons. I don't recall seeing them in any of the parks but perhaps I missed them.

They have a little plastic Mickey figure that says "Disney Parks 2017" that's only around $7.

Personally, I think the Art of Disney store at Disney Springs is an awesome place to get something. They had some smaller pictures for, I believe around $35 and they also have animators that do character drawings priced by the number of characters. A single character was $45 and I believe two characters were $65 and went up from there. I don't know if they do custom/personalized drawings but I always thought this was really cool.

Also, next to the Art of Disney store they have a book that has all of the Disney maps throughout the years. Interesting book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter