Spice Road Table timing for Illuminations...

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
I currently have a 7:40 ADR for Spice Road Table on a 9pm Illuminations night. I know that it's just a request to get a waterside table, but it never hurts to ask. Is 7:40 good timing on that or should I change to the available 7:05 slot to increase my chances?

We had a 7:45 and it worked perfectly. We were on deluxe dining so we had apps and entrees before illuminations started. After the show we were served dessert. I believe the outdoor seating is for reservations and the inside is for walk-ups generally.

I made a 7:40 reservation for my February trip for the same thing, it seemed odd that each night I checked I could either do 7:05 or 7:40 but nothing in between.

Reports I have read are good - I can report back after mid-February
I will be looking for it. I am always looking for new restaurants and things to try and since Illumination is one of the girls requirements another place to try would be cool.

19:40 hours sounds perfect. How is the view from there? We always do Rose & Crown.
Personally, we found it poor. They have very few seats with unobstructed views of the lagoon and do not have a viewing area for those with obstructed views to move to, unlike Rose and Crown. So if you can't see, you can't see. There's no where to go. Really, only about 5 tables can see Illuminations, the rest can see pieces at most. Odds of seating at one of those few tables are not very large.

We love Spice Road Table but I would never recommend eating there FOR Illuminations viewing. Not if it's a priority. If you are fine with seeing whatever portion of it you can see, then great. But if seeing it is important, it's a pretty poor choice.

Personally, we found it poor. They have very few seats with unobstructed views of the lagoon and do not have a viewing area for those with obstructed views to move to, unlike Rose and Crown. So if you can't see, you can't see. There's no where to go. Really, only about 5 tables can see Illuminations, the rest can see pieces at most. Odds of seating at one of those few tables are not very large.

We love Spice Road Table but I would never recommend eating there FOR Illuminations viewing. Not if it's a priority. If you are fine with seeing whatever portion of it you can see, then great. But if seeing it is important, it's a pretty poor choice.
Thank you, no its a good thing I like Rose & Crown because the girls go for Illuminations. The only thing they asked about our Epcot ADR's was making sure I got one for R&C for 20:00 hours.

19:40 hours sounds perfect. How is the view from there? We always do Rose & Crown.

We always do R&C too and love the view, from everything I have seen the view from SRT is not nearly as good. This is just an extra Illuminations viewing for us, if it works out, great, if not, oh well. If this were our only time to do Illuminations, I would not have booked SRT based on the majority of the views that I have seen.

THIS^

Only 5 tables or so outside along rail. Those tables and maybe next row in can see the show ... minus being blocked by trees out on the island. Farther in the ceiling is low, there are large heaters (in winter) and pillars and views are obstructed. There is NO where to stand and watch, you need to stay at your table.

I would keep the reservation. If you luck out with a good table by water great, if not then I would move out after I ate to view (if watching is important to you).

WDWInfo-Spice-Road-Table-004.jpg

Last edited:
As a local I’ve eaten there more than once during Illuminations (I’ve seen it so many times I don’t care how good my view is.). Spice Road Table is not that popular and it’s very easy to get a table as a walk up, even at Illuminations time. The food is okay, nothing to write home about or make a special trip for (but that how I feel about most of Disney’s theme park restaurants anyway). The view for Illuminations is pretty good, but do be aware there is an island between you and some of the barges that will partially obstruct your view. A table up against the railing is best, but both times I was there everyone came up and crowded around our table for the show.

Reports I have read are good - I can report back after mid-February

We did Spice Road table for illuminations one time. We were inside at a window table and had a good view. The view itself is not unobstructed as there is one island with trees in your direct view. However, the experience was enjoyable because the food was wonderful and we had seen illuminations many times so we were not missing a front row view. We chose to eat inside in the air conditioning and asked for a window seat which was very nice and a very clear view of the lagoon. If someone wanted to see Illuminations for the first time I would not recommend Spice Road table but overall it is one of the best restaurants in Epcot, IMO.
We’ve had patio tables several times at Rose and Crown and that view is one of the best you can get for Illuminations, but I definitely prefer the food at Spice Road.

I agree - the best Illuminations view at Spice Road Table is actually inside ... we had an outstanding view last Christmas, and were able to stay nice and warm and even get another round of sparkling sangria to enjoy on the walk out of the park after Illuminations.

We did Spice Road table for illuminations one time. We were inside at a window table and had a good view. The view itself is not unobstructed as there is one island with trees in your direct view. However, the experience was enjoyable because the food was wonderful and we had seen illuminations many times so we were not missing a front row view. We chose to eat inside in the air conditioning and asked for a window seat which was very nice and a very clear view of the lagoon. If someone wanted to see Illuminations for the first time I would not recommend Spice Road table but overall it is one of the best restaurants in Epcot, IMO.
We’ve had patio tables several times at Rose and Crown and that view is one of the best you can get for Illuminations, but I definitely prefer the food at Spice Road.

I agree - the best Illuminations view at Spice Road Table is actually inside ... we had an outstanding view last Christmas, and were able to stay nice and warm and even get another round of sparkling sangria to enjoy on the walk out of the park after Illuminations.

Thank you both!!

@Dug720 When is/was your trip? I am thinking of SRT for one night in hope of seeing part of Illumintions. Let me/us know how it worked out!

@Dug720 When is/was your trip? I am thinking of SRT for one night in hope of seeing part of Illumintions. Let me/us know how it worked out!

Hopefully today. I changed my flight from tomorrow because of the probable storm, then the flight I changed to got cancelled. They put me on one later that is a go (go figure?) but I am on standby for the one about to board. The guy helping said “priority” and asked me exit row questions - but then said that they will not pull anyone from the list until the flight is closed. So... I am trying not to be too hopeful.

I ended up opting out of SRT though regardless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter