Spiderman Ride Patent

Robert Niles at Theme Park Insider brought up that maybe this is the Guardians ride system. He says that he was told the new ride system will be a grown up version of the 7DMT swaying. Would also explain the need for the building to be 11 stories talk.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201710/5759/
Disney just filed for this patent. Guardians work has already begun. I can’t see this being for guardians. You don’t file for a patent after you’ve already started construction because if you don’t get the patent approved your plans need to change.

Disney just filed for this patent. Guardians work has already begun. I can’t see this being for guardians. You don’t file for a patent after you’ve already started construction because if you don’t get the patent approved your plans need to change.
I can't see it, either. Although the application was filed in April 2016, the PTO hasn't granted a patent yet and that could still be years away. I don't know what Disney's position is about building ride systems that aren't patent protected, but there are a couple of reasons why they wouldn't. One - if they don't get a patent, anyone could build the ride system described in the application (okay - assuming they have the money for that) and Disney couldn't stop them. Two - if the PTO determines that the ride system is nonpatentable over the prior art (which may include existing patents), Disney could have a potential infringement case to deal with and a ride that gets stuck in limbo until that's resolved.

The only case where the patent not getting approved would be an issue is if there is an existing patent for the same technology. Disney and the ride manufacturer have likely checked to be sure that isn't the case.

I agree that this doesn't seem likely for Guardians but it does seem like a great idea for a Spider-Man themed ride for Disneyland/international parks.
AT WDW it would make a great addition to AK. Either with a Tarzan theme as mentioned or just a general jungle theme with monkeys swinging from trees. Possibly as part of the rumored Dinoland re-theme. Could change it to South America. Keep some of the dino stuff like the boneyard/dig play area, change Dinosaur to Indiana Jones with a ruins look and snake exhibit, and then change Dino-Rama into an Amazon rainforest section with this ride system as a new e-ticket themed to monkeys swinging through the trees.
Could even still keep a couple small rides for families kids throughout. Maybe re-use Triceratops spin but themed to macaws flying and add a carousel that is either themed around dinosaurs to go around the dig area or to jungle animals. They might stick out a little bit but having something that younger kids could enjoy and have additional attraction would be a good thing for the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!