Splash Mountain merchandise? Status update for those at MK

....you mean like THIS:

enhance

Photo courtesy of Brayden Holness

...and this.....

Ecg7VPdXkAAk7sj

....these are the 3 that I had wanted to purchase for my future [first] grandbaby [arriving in October!]....

I went to look at my small plushies and I also have the Vulture.

I read they are removing Splash Mountain Medley from the Parks music..since we've been going to WDW since 1973 I have got lots of Park music.🙂

I'd like to say something that might ruffle a few feathers...

I don't feel any animosity toward these people loading up on merchandise. Am I jealous? Yes. I would have loved to be able to get into the park early and buy up.

There's no reason to be angry with people who "flip" things. Case in point: HGTV "Property Brothers," and Chip and Joanna Gaines "Fixer Upper."

Disney obviously doesn't care or they would put limits on purchases. Makes me sad that they don't, but they're just asking for people to take advantage of this.

I don't feel any animosity toward these people loading up on merchandise. Am I jealous? Yes. I would have loved to be able to get into the park early and buy up.

There's no reason to be angry with people who "flip" things. Case in point: HGTV "Property Brothers," and Chip and Joanna Gaines "Fixer Upper."
Would you really? I mean if you’d been there this week, and could haul it home, would you really walk in and buy every single thing you could? Walking right past people you know got in line five minutes after you?

The difference in the examples you gave is those people improve stuff, and improve it’s value, to sell it. These people are just snatching it up because they can; it’s exactly like the TP hoarders. I’m not ruffled, but I just wouldn’t be one that would do it. I agree, Disney is allowing it and I wish they’d stop, but I guess they need money right now so they don’t really care.

Would you really? I mean if you’d been there this week, and could haul it home, would you really walk in and buy every single thing you could? Walking right past people you know got in line five minutes after you?

To the person's original post. They aren't doing anything wrong. Doesn't matter if they were in line 5 minutes or 10 minutes. If Disney is allowing it, they are following the rules. Unfortunately, they aren't doing anything wrong until Disney changes the rules. Whether or not you agree, that's how rules work.

I don’t see the comparison here. Buying a run down house and renovating it with your hard work is way different than hoarding merchandise to try to resell for 10x the cost or more. To be honest, I don’t have much issue with this. Don’t get me started though on disinfecting products that people currently need being sold on eBay for 50x cost. Items we need are much different than items we would like to collect.

As I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts in this thread, I've been keeping a close on eye on a lot of the SM merchandise that's being resold on eBay. It's already starting to settle.

For example, the SM brown mug with Br'er Rabbit on it was close to 200 dollars last week. Now it's hovering around 90-95 dollars on eBay. It's still insanely expensive. But as Disney continues to replenish the store each day (which they seem to be doing), the prices will continue to settle and fall.

Patience!! hehe

That being said, has anyone seen the limited Jungle Cruise funko pop released this morning on the Disney Store? It's so cute and I bought one! Best part is, it's limit 2 per account! Get 'em quick!

To the person's original post. They aren't doing anything wrong. Doesn't matter if they were in line 5 minutes or 10 minutes. If Disney is allowing it, they are following the rules. Unfortunately, they aren't doing anything wrong until Disney changes the rules. Whether or not you agree, that's how rules work.
I didn’t say they were breaking any rules. I just said I wouldn’t do it. And I was replying to the poster I quoted.

When I was at MK yesterday I chatted with one of the CMs in the shop. She said they were limiting purchases to ten items. I don’t know if that meant ten of a particular item or ten total. She went on to say that some had ways around it with having multiple people in their party each take ten. We arrived first thing in the morning and were the first party placed in the virtual queue versus the regular line. When we got into the shop 30 minutes later, there were only t-shiris available. A CM told me she heard they may get another restock awhile later and suggested I re-enter the virtual queue, which I did. We got called back around four hours later. They then had the mugs, tumblers, picture frames, Funko Pop sets, the bear plush, and the rabbit plush. By then, they only had youth t-shirts remaining. Three guests in the shop at the same time as us were clearly on a resale mission, with each grabbing ten plushes.

My wife just wanted the "I Brer'ly got wet" secret message tank top, to be added to the heap of discontinued retro Disney shirts. I saw they had them in The Briar Patch during the CM Previews, but apparently they decided not to open that store for the AP previews or the general re-opening, and the tops were not in stock by the time we got into the store at the exit on the 11th. Hoping they may reopen The Briar Patch at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter