Splash Mountain merchandise? Status update for those at MK

One thought regarding restocking: even if they keep having more made and keep selling it, I wouldn't be surprised if we do face a period here where things can't be found in the park shops. There's a finite amount of stock on hand at any given time even if more is coming, and with people going nuts on it....

What I'm saying is don't assume that if things are sold out this month they'll stay sold out.

Jim Hill reported that splash won’t go out of service for 2-4 years. It seems like as long as there is a demand for the products and Disney isn’t facing social backlash for selling them that they will continue producing and stocking the items until the ride actually switches over.

This seems like many similar times in the recent past where a limited number of collectible items are released, they sell out and create demand, then Disney makes a ton of them to satisfy the market. (ie: Rose Gold ears, Orange Bird cups, Be Our Guest Rose cup, and on and on.

it’s also important to remember that just because something is listed on eBay for a certain price does not necessarily mean it will sell for that price. I have watched auctions for various collectibles sit at a high price for months with no movement.

That is very true.
I get what you are saying, but I respectfully have to disagree. Charging $500 for a $28 item is ludicrous and cannot be categorized under "making a little extra income". And if someone is facing hard financial times, they have the means to go to WDW? That doesn't make sense.

If those people in the photo sincerely wanted to perhaps keep one and sell one, I don't even have a problem with it, as long as the mark-up is within reason. Clearly they had purchased MANY items; I wouldn't be surprised if they were being offered on E-Bay right now.

I get what you are saying. My wife bought me 2 figments sleeping. She got one for me and one in case the dogs got to the second. We sold. the 2nd one. Then, on our next visit, we bought 3 more and sold them.

There was not an extravagant profit, but it was money that really helped out.

According to Twitter the store is restocked right now, but I would expect it to disappear quickly. Especially with the AP discount being bumped to 30%.

Is this tank what it sounds like it might be? The wetter it gets, the more visible the message is?

If so, that is genius!

Yes, I have that one and that is what it does! It's super cool!

Yes, I have that one and that is what it does! It's super cool!

Do you have any idea of the technology behind it? That's amazing. Also, how did they sell it and let you know what you were buying if it wasn't always "wet?"

There is a new kids' tank top that has shown up in the Disney online store this morning.

Hopefully, this is a sign that SM things are about to be available online for purchase.

Do you have any idea of the technology behind it? That's amazing. Also, how did they sell it and let you know what you were buying if it wasn't always "wet?"

There is a sticker on it that says "Message will appear when shirt gets wet." Right on the front.

There is a sign at Splash that looks exactly like the pic, it pretty much ends up looking like it. Sorry, I don't have a pic of the other one wet yet.

Attachments

• Splash.jpg
    Splash.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 13
There is a new kids' tank top that has shown up in the Disney online store this morning.

Hopefully, this is a sign that SM things are about to be available online for purchase.

Saw that one. No characters in it though, thought that was strange for the empty log!

We were lucky enough to get a mug, towel and brer rabbit plush last year. I really hope they offer merch for a few years before the conversion though.

I’ve been watching ebay closely bc I really want the Funko pop. Noticed last night a few new listings came online on there for the pop claiming to be waiting for their ShopDisney order.

Now I’ve also been watching the ShopDisney page and the URL for the pop just shows the Ralph error page. Any thoughts on where these people ordered these from? Both listings have like 5+ available said to arrive in Aug-Sept. I really don’t want to pay some ebay price gouger bc I think they’re the worst kind of people so trying to hold out hope haha.

This may be off-topic, slightly. But Disney put themselves in a win-win situation and it was a very clever strategy.

Rebranding Splash will make some people happy. They win points, and ultimately, business.

Getting rid of Splash makes the merchandise more desirable. Score 2.

Disney is going to get a surge of cashflow out of this move (and I'm sure it is needed). But it comes at a price of tradition.

Ii understand that Disney is all about $$, as it should be. It's a business. Disney has to satisfy stockholders (of which I am). But it seems as though we are losing Roy and Walt's vision. But again, business is business.

...and if you got angry with the previous photo I posted, wait till you see THIS:

enhance

😡

....my DS is a CM on furlough. The last time he visited MK, he was told that they no longer carry any SM items in the gift shop.

Last edited:
There is no Splash Mountain merch online at ShopDisney, is it only available in person?
.....nope....none to be found....my DS [a CM] couldn't even get any. I had wanted to get plushies of the 3 main "brers" for my new granddaughter [she arrives around October 26! YAY!] and came up empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter