splash mountain refurb date?

At least the theming will be accurate. Lots of mountains in Louisiana. (Please note the sarcasm). Please Disney, don’t ruin the theme of your parks by mismatching your attractions and lands! So much work put into line of sight to toss it out the window to appease the whiners!

Last I checked the deep South wasn't the wild western frontier. I don't think shifting the ride to the bayou is any more "mismatched" to Frontierland than the current version. :)

Last I checked the deep South wasn't the wild western frontier. I don't think shifting the ride to the bayou is any more "mismatched" to Frontierland than the current version. :)

Right? Also, at least with Disneyland, a Louisiana bayou themed update will be more thematically connected to its location adjacent to New Orleans Square. Right now, the weird "Critter Country" mini-area makes little to no sense, especially since BTMRR is not as close to Splash as it is in MK.

I’m hopefully going in July 2021 but will (hopefully) be pregnant and therefore can’t ride...
So I’m hoping it closes sometime after April 2022 (when my next likely trip will be) so I can ride the original a few more times!
I agree that there is no way they’ll do it anytime soon because of money but felt pressure to announce it now. I predict a closure sometime in 2022.

Since WDW wants to retheme Splash Mountain, given the Frontierland location, a Pocahontas theme makes sense to me.

Just listened to Len & Jim's podcast, they also mentioned the fast tracking of this. Looks like December 2022 will be the big farewell tour.

Just listened to Len & Jim's podcast, they also mentioned the fast tracking of this. Looks like December 2022 will be the big farewell tour.
Wow Dec 2022, that is a ways off. It makes sense though so they can have it up and running for the 50th. That works for me, I would enjoy seeing it as is one more time in 2021.

Whew! Jut have to get there before December 2022! My kids want to ride the original. We like Princess and the Frog, but Splash Mountain was so original!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter