Split stay mugs

Madame

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me if I add the dining plan to a one night stay whether or not the mug will remain active for the other 5 nights even if we don’t have the dining plan for the 5 nights? Thinking this will make it worth purchasing.

Yes, I believe they are good for 14 days. But you must change rooms to get the DP for just 1 day.

I do it fairly often, if I have a split stay with one night at the beginning, I add meal plan to the one night, and get the mugs for whole trip.

Thanks everyone! Usually we pay OOP, but I think we’ll come out ahead with a character meal at AP that night & we can use the snack credits for breakfast the next day.

Just an FYI, AP, artist Point is a signature dining location and will require 2 TS credits, plan accordingly.

Just an FYI, AP, artist Point is a signature dining location and will require 2 TS credits, plan accordingly.
I think it swapped over to the Snow White Storybook dining character meal earlier this month - Snow, the Evil Queen, Grumpy & Dopey! Last I checked it was 1 credit, but I’ll check again to be sure.

I’ve used the mug in another resort during the allotted time. It worked well!

We just got back Saturday from a split stay. One night at the first resort with the dining plan then we transfered to another resort for 6 nights. We used the mugs for the entire trip. We did however have a problem with our credits disappearing when we checked out of our first resort. We were using our table service credits for a 7pm ADR the day we checked out. I noticed that it disappeared before we left for dinner and went to the front desk. They added the credits back on our account.

We just got back Saturday from a split stay. One night at the first resort with the dining plan then we transfered to another resort for 6 nights. We used the mugs for the entire trip. We did however have a problem with our credits disappearing when we checked out of our first resort. We were using our table service credits for a 7pm ADR the day we checked out. I noticed that it disappeared before we left for dinner and went to the front desk. They added the credits back on our account.

The only issue that we had was a CM taking a TS credit for a sandwich when we told them to charge it to our room.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes, I believe they are good for 14 days. But you must change rooms to get the DP for just 1 day.

This is actually not true. I just did a 5 night trip all booked as single nights at BWV in a standard studio and did the DxDDP for one of the nights and had no problems. Did not have to switch rooms or even check-in/out each day.

The only issue that we had was a CM taking a TS credit for a sandwich when we told them to charge it to our room.

:earsboy: Bill

my parents accidently each used a TS credit for a croissant and soft drink at Boardwalk bakery. :mad:

Luckily the concierge fixed the issue for me later on during the day. I can't believe the person rang it up that way instead of using 4 snacks (which were available).

It's nice to know that he CMs don't know the rules, but happy for you that you were able to the DP for 1 day even though it suppose to be for the entire trip if you stay in the same unit.

It's nice to know that he CMs don't know the rules, but happy for you that you were able to the DP for 1 day even though it suppose to be for the entire trip if you stay in the same unit.

I believe the key is that they had it booked as single nights. They might have been asked to change rooms but were not.

I believe the key is that they had it booked as single nights. They might have been asked to change rooms but were not.

Correct -- I knew moving was a possibility -- but I was willing to take that chance. Also -- when I faxed my room request, I made sure they knew about my other stays and when I got to the hotel, I went to the front desk to make sure I wouldn't have to move. While it's not guaranteed -- I have never had to move in the four times I have done this.

This is actually not true. I just did a 5 night trip all booked as single nights at BWV in a standard studio and did the DxDDP for one of the nights and had no problems. Did not have to switch rooms or even check-in/out each day.
It must be a separate stay which often means you have to change rooms but as a minimum you'll have 2 check ins if it's a split stay. If it's a situation where it's the same room type they may combine them without warning and cancel your DP reservation. You'd then have to add it for the entire stay. The only situation where you might be able to stay in the same room but not have the risk of combining reservations is going to/from a 2BR lockoff to/from a studio or 1BR.

It must be a separate stay which often means you have to change rooms but as a minimum you'll have 2 check ins if it's a split stay. If it's a situation where it's the same room type they may combine them without warning and cancel your DP reservation. You'd then have to add it for the entire stay. The only situation where you might be able to stay in the same room but not have the risk of combining reservations is going to/from a 2BR lockoff to/from a studio or 1BR.

Or you have different names in the reservation. Keep the same lead name but add a child and remove every other day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter