Split stay Question. RPH Cabana bay

parkesyau

Earning My Ears
Hi
I am considering doing a split stay. One night RPH and then moving to Cabana bay. Family of 4 kids aged 7 and 9 for April next year. The main reason is to get the express passes for the two days either side of our one night stay ar RPH. I would like to stay there the whole time however financially its easier as i can use my points and get cabana bay on my points.So all up a 3 night stay will only be around $350.
My question is obviously when we "check out " early can RPH move our luggage to cabana bay or do we need to go back and move it ourselves?Also if we need to move it is there busses going from resort to resort?Wont be until later in afternoon as we will hit the park early and make the most of the express pass.Just hoping they haven't changed their policies on the express pass or anything

if you do the first night at rpr, then switch to Cbay, you will move your luggage.
(rpr will not move it for you)

you can hire the sedans out front of the hotel for the transfer.

or you could uber/lyft to move you from one hotel to the other.

and there is the possibility to use the bus from rpr to city walk and then transfer to the Cbay bus.

since you are using points and getting the Cbay room at no costs to you, just spend the money for a taxi.
last year i read it was $5 plus tip for using a taxi to move peeps from rpr to another onsite hotel.

no idea if it is the same price now for 2017

one thing you can do is check out of rpr in the morning and keep your luggage stored with valet.
as long as you return to retrieve your luggage before midnight, not a problem.

move to Cbay when you are done with the park that day.
return to get your luggage and relocate.
check into Cbay then at the end of the park day.

Thankyou for that
I assume we will get the express passes for both days? Sounds like a plan store luggage and maybe I'll send my husband back at the end of the day to retrieve it while we get the bus to cabana bay.
For a few extra dollars we may even stay at hard rock for the night over royal pacific seeing as it's a closer walk to parks

Yes you get free ep for deluxe check in and check out days

Hrh is closer to the studios
Rpr is closest to ioa

Hi I stayed at HRH 2 years ago for 4 nights then transferred to CBBR. HRH moved my luggage for me to CBBR. We just took the bus over there and it was waiting for us at the end of the day. I don't know if that has changed or it is just HRH. You can call and check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!