Split stay question.

MrsB919

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be heading down in Sept. Due to flights being really expensive we decided to go down a day earlier because the flight would be almost $200 less. Cheaper flight extra day at Disney, good deal! We will be staying at the VGF for the week, but I was only able to get OKW for the extra night. My question is, is there any way that we can call ahead to see if our room would be ready before checking out of OKW? I've never done a splitstay before so not sure how it works. TIA.

You aren't checked in at VGF yet so the room may change. Have Bell Services transfer your luggage, it should be at VGF around 3 PM.

Go to the front Desk at OKW to check out due to split stay software problems. Then you can go to VGF to check in, they will text you when the room is ready.

:earsboy: Bill

Oh ok. Thanks.
Hi the three times I have done split stays we have arrived around 12 ish after having bell services transfer our luggage and our room was ready. It depends on the time you go I suppose and how full the resort is. As the above poster said they will text you but you can check in and see which room you have. You could always ask if the have another room that is ready I suppose. Bet you are looking forward to VGF. They look lovely. On my to do list but love our wlv too much

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes I'm really looking forward to staying at VGF. I waitlisted the extra night there hopefully it comes through, but in the mean time I just wanted to know what to expect from a split stay. Do they have to move the luggage? If we rent a car I imagine we can just grab it and drive over there to try and check in right?

We did a three way split stay in November 2013 and again in May and June this year. And we did not check out of one resort before going to the other. We did not have any problems at any of the resorts. Two of the three resorts the room was not ready. For VGF our first resort we never received the text although we confirmed the phone number with the CM. We just checked back around 3:00 PM and found the room was ready. At our second resort, AKV-Jambo House the room wasn't ready but we got the text it was ready as we entered Magic Kingdom. So it was actually ready within 45 minutes of check in. And our last resort was SSR and we checked in around 11:00 AM and the room was ready and check in lasted at most, 5 minutes. It was a breeze.

We took the three sets of Magic bands that we were sent for this trip. And we could use all of the bands at each resort or any of the parks. However DH found that it was necessary to unlock the door to our villa with each band because locked doors around the resort would not open unless the MB had opened the door to the villa. We did laundry on the second day and DH wore a new MB but never unlocked the villa door before going to the laundry. Someone else let him into the laundry that time.

Oh you brought up a good point about the magic bands. I hadn't thought of that. I was assuming I could just use that same magic bands for all.

Oh you brought up a good point about the magic bands. I hadn't thought of that. I was assuming I could just use that same magic bands for all.

You "should" be able to use the same bands for all, as long as the system works correctly.

Just today, I could open my room door at OKW using bands from the current trip, plus bands from prior trips to VGF, Kidani, and VWL. My five family members have a ton of bands from various trips, and wear whatever matches their cloying choice for the day.

The system isn't perfected yet, but it is getting closer.

Remember that all the band does is identify to the system who you are. The MDE system, if working properly, has all your entitlements (current stay, park tickets, dining plan, charging privileges). The band itself only emits a fixed numerical code, that tells the system who you are.

This isn't to dispute that the system fails, sometimes spectacularly. But when it works correctly, all bands associated with you in MDE are completely interchangeable.

First part AKV Jambo and second part BCV...

I was told by MS that the magic bands from the first part of our stay, AKV "should" work with the second part of the stay. MS explained it to me that the "brains" is MDE, rather than the magic bands itself.. MS told me that the longer term plan is to eliminate two sets of bands for split stay..Who knows, maybe when it comes time for our bands to be mailed November, they will have eliminated two sets with a split stay?:sad1::confused3

We have access to a car and my question is if we go over early to BCV like 8:00AM, what do you think our chances are of getting a studio early?
THANKS!!!:thumbsup2:dance3:

We have access to a car and my question is if we go over early to BCV like 8:00AM, what do you think our chances are of getting a studio early? THANKS!!!:thumbsup2:dance3:

Very low, but not zero. BCV studios are sold out every day of the year for DVC inventory. But if there was a cash side studio available from the night before, and a member checking out from a DVC points studio that day, they could possibly move you in early to the one that had gone empty. Same thing if a studio happened to be returned to inventory from the room maintenance inventory on that specific day. So you can see, the chances are slim.

We tend to make move day of a split stay a park day, so we don't have to worry about the room being available before 4p. Expecting the room any time before this would be setting yourself up for disappointment IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter