Split Stay?

Snickals

Australian Princess...in Training
We have a value Disney resort booked for the first week and a half of our trip but have 5 nights free after that. We are wanting to visit Seaworld and Universal. Had thought about booking one of the Seworld official hotels, my daughter loves animals and I enjoyed Seaworld last trip so thought maybe we could get a couple of visits in. But am now questioning if maybe we should just extend our Disney resort stay and do day trips there as that way we still have the ME back to airport. Am so confused lol

Is it worth switching hotels? We might save a little but then would need to pay to get to airport.
But if we stay at Disney we would need to pay to visit the non-disney parks.

Would love to hear your thoughts :) Tia!

We have a value Disney resort booked for the first week and a half of our trip but have 5 nights free after that. We are wanting to visit Seaworld and Universal. Had thought about booking one of the Seworld official hotels, my daughter loves animals and I enjoyed Seaworld last trip so thought maybe we could get a couple of visits in. But am now questioning if maybe we should just extend our Disney resort stay and do day trips there as that way we still have the ME back to airport. Am so confused lol

Is it worth switching hotels? We might save a little but then would need to pay to get to airport.
But if we stay at Disney we would need to pay to visit the non-disney parks.

Would love to hear your thoughts :) Tia!

Welcome to Disney Fuzzy Maths! :)
How are you intending to get from WDW to Seaworld and Universal? Taxis cost about $40 one way from WDW to Universal. If may be worth hiring a car.....in which case, you can use the car to get you to the airport rather than using ME.
You would need to pay to visit the non-disney parks anyway.

It comes down to whether the $ savings are worth it for you and the family.
If I remember correctly, your DD must be about 3 by now. Sometimes, staying in the one location is better for young ones. You know best on that one.

FWIW - I would switch hotels. Whilst it is nice to stay in the Disney bubble, it's nice to experience the onsite hotels for Universal. I cannot comment about SeaWorld.

Welcome to Disney Fuzzy Maths! :)
How are you intending to get from WDW to Seaworld and Universal? Taxis cost about $40 one way from WDW to Universal. If may be worth hiring a car.....in which case, you can use the car to get you to the airport rather than using ME.
You would need to pay to visit the non-disney parks anyway.

It comes down to whether the $ savings are worth it for you and the family.
If I remember correctly, your DD must be about 3 by now. Sometimes, staying in the one location is better for young ones. You know best on that one.

FWIW - I would switch hotels. Whilst it is nice to stay in the Disney bubble, it's nice to experience the onsite hotels for Universal. I cannot comment about SeaWorld.

Last time we stayed at Disney we pre-booked the Mears? shuttle to get to universal and seaworld and that worked good for us. We also used taxis a few times and that obviously was a bit more costly. I know I need to pay for non-disney parks tickets...was talking more about travel costs. I really don't want to hire a car.

My daughter will be 5yrs this trip. She loves Disney but also loves animals...we are annual passholders to Australia Zoo and she cant get enough of animals. I think we would probably only do one day at Universal but can envision at least a couple of trips to SeaWorld.

Don't forget to consider the convenience factor of having a hotel close by whatever park you're visiting. I'm not a parent, but I would have thought this would be important - it is for me when the heat, crowds and walking all get to be too much. If you stay at Disney and visit the other parks, do you intend to stay out all day? Would DD cope with that? If not, you may need to double your daily taxi or shuttle costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter