Spoodles!!

CPM

<font color=blue>Stands up in the Spider-Man ride
:thumbsup2 We ate at Spoodles on the Boardwalk on Saturday night.
In the past year we have dined there a couple of times and was not too thrilled with it. Menu boring, food was bland, portions small and service slow.
We decided it had been a while and were in the area so we stopped by to give it one last chance. It was packed, but I was able to secure a 9:50 ADR. We were sat at 10:00. It's not a big deal, we are late eaters anyway.

Friendly and efficient server Deb was there to greet us.
We did find the same boring menu.

We started with the Greek salad and a tomato,olive tapanade and fresh mozzerella. Both were excellent!! The Greek salad was larger and fresher & tastier than last time and the flatbread was actually crisp and not soggy like last time.
We also ordered The rigatoni pasta with sauage and portabellas, Fettucini Alfredo, which I had before and disliked very much, but decided to give it another shot. My son also had Mickey pasta alfredo, he ate one bite last time, and I warned him if he ordered it this time he had to eat it.

WELL, we were so pleasantly surprised!! Everything was just so much better. Especially the pastas!! The big difference was in the alfredo, the cheese was just so tasty. It also wasn't lumpy like Alfredos or saucy and sweet like last time we ate at Spoodles. They also weren't all mushy.
My son even ate most of his. What he didn't eat, he took back with him and ate it the next day lol.

We told the server and she told us there is a new chef! He is working on a new menu and will be adding a few new items and changing it seasonally.
We were very impressed and look forward to the new changes that seem to be on the way. This used to be one of our favorite restaurants and hope it will be back at the top of our list again.
Congrats to the new Spoodles Chef, a job well done. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes thanks for the review, this place is our second adr for our trip in a couple of weeks.

yankeepenny said:
:goodvibes thanks for the review, this place is our second adr for our trip in a couple of weeks.

Let us know what you think!!

Thanks for the review. We stay at BWV and used to eat at Spoodles every trip , but the last couple of visits were disappointing. I will look forward to trying it again now!

We have dined there on a few occassions. I think when they first opened up it was more casual?

We ate there on Friday night the 18th. We couldnt get a reservation for any of the table service at EPCOT--so we walked over here.

We used 3a 1c meals here.

I think the whole trip I could have just eaten the starter/ appetizers. Oh, and the desserts. Instead of the entree i thought about asking if I could skip that and just get another starter?

Excellent starters here: greek salad/ 4 cheese flatbread/ shrimp. Even they had starters for kids but once he ate the flat bread pizza--which was very good--he didnt have room for the also very good mac-n-cheese plus he couldnt eat his sundae for dessert.

Dinner we got rigatoni/ alfredo/ and I ordered the seafood stew with tons of seafood in it.

If not on DDP this meal would have been $160 with 18% tip included. You would have paid what $105.00 for DDP per day and this trip/ package was free other than paying rack rate for room at Beach Club and having to buy at least one day pass to park.

Gerry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter