Spring Break day trip out from Paris--timing & transportation questions!

myweegirls

DIS Veteran
Hi, all! It's been a minute since I've posted on the boards, but there's nowhere else I'd go as I start planning this one-day jaunt to DLP in April. My husband, kids (15 & 13) and I are going to be in Paris (the kids' first time!) over their spring break. We arrive early on Sunday the 5th and depart early on Sunday the 12th (Easter Sunday). We have an AirBnB in Paris (Place de Republique), and I'm planning a one-day trip out to DLP. I'm looking for two bits of advice:

1) Timing! Are we best off going on Monday-Thursday as opposed to Good Friday or the day before Easter? That seems like a no-brainer, but I'd love any thoughts you all might have.

2) Transportation! We're planning on a 1-day/2-park ticket, and I'm considering the shuttle bus add-on option. It's not clear to me whether that shuttle has a single fixed time to get you out there and back, or if you can choose from several options. We're going to want to go early and stay late, of course. :) Is the shuttle a good way to go, given where we're staying, or should we consider something like Uber?

Thanks, all! I know I'll be all over this board soon to start putting our plan for the day together (thinking counter service for lunch and a nice sit-down dinner to close out the day). I can't wait to finally see this park--and to surprise the kids with tickets at Christmas!

xo
Liz

Hi
As you may know school holidays in France are divided into 3 zones. One of them starts from April 5th till April 19th and another zone will start from following saturday i.e. April 12th. That first zone includes Paris & the surrounding region. Plus there will be also school holidays in some surrounding countries. So obviously crowds should be higher than off- holidays season. That's said you might consider checking the official Disneyland Paris website to check which rides will be unavailable due to refurbishement and then choose the day with the most available adventures. These infos are commonly displayed 60 days before the day. And also consider a fast pass option to shorten some of the most popular wait times.
Considering the transportation by bus there are a lot of options available :
Magical express which offers roundtrip transportation from airports to Dlp hotels
Paris city vision coach which provides roundtrip transportation from Paris city centre to Dlp -cost 19€ per person with potential discounts available on their website sometime.
My advice would be :
RER which stands for Reseau Express Regional aka regional train. It starts from several stations in Paris (closest to Republique is called Nation easily recheable with metro)
There are frequent departures from 5.30ish am till midnight. Last RER will be around 12.15am ish from Disney (station there is called Marne la Vallee Chessy parc Disneyland)
Uber or taxi is also an option -most confortable but it might be difficult to get one in the evening and it will be pricy (expect it to be 100 euros mini one way)

Sorry for this long answer but I wanted you to get a full perspective of options available to your family. Please feel free to ask if I can be further assistance with anything.

Sorry for this long answer but I wanted you to get a full perspective of options available to your family. Please feel free to ask if I can be further assistance with anything.

Thank you so much--this is really helpful! The more I read, the more I was leaning toward metro-->RER, given how easily we'll be able to access it (and how early!). I'm sure I'll be back around with more questions as we get closer to our trip. :) Thanks again!

Hi, all! It's been a minute since I've posted on the boards, but there's nowhere else I'd go as I start planning this one-day jaunt to DLP in April. My husband, kids (15 & 13) and I are going to be in Paris (the kids' first time!) over their spring break. We arrive early on Sunday the 5th and depart early on Sunday the 12th (Easter Sunday). We have an AirBnB in Paris (Place de Republique), and I'm planning a one-day trip out to DLP. I'm looking for two bits of advice:

1) Timing! Are we best off going on Monday-Thursday as opposed to Good Friday or the day before Easter? That seems like a no-brainer, but I'd love any thoughts you all might have.

2) Transportation! We're planning on a 1-day/2-park ticket, and I'm considering the shuttle bus add-on option. It's not clear to me whether that shuttle has a single fixed time to get you out there and back, or if you can choose from several options. We're going to want to go early and stay late, of course. :) Is the shuttle a good way to go, given where we're staying, or should we consider something like Uber?

Thanks, all! I know I'll be all over this board soon to start putting our plan for the day together (thinking counter service for lunch and a nice sit-down dinner to close out the day). I can't wait to finally see this park--and to surprise the kids with tickets at Christmas!

xo
Liz

We arriving on April 5th as well from the states - it’s also my daughters 13th Birthday.
We are doing the parks from the 8th til the 10th . Either one of has been before .

We will be there the week before for dd’s spring break and are planning one day at DLP, but are only doing one park.

I was planning on using the train to get between Paris and DLP.

I know there a few rides that will be under refurb when we will be there: Buzz Lightyear and BTMRR. BTMRR should be running when you go though, I am hoping for a soft opening while we are there (not sure if they do that there).

I am still debating about a sit down meal one in the afternoon vs. counter service.

Based on my 15+ years experience, we don't do soft opening for rehabs -although it now commonly happens for new rides-. However, it already happened the refurbishment ended sooner than expected ; then each and every guests have access to the attraction. Fingers crossed for you.

Foodwise, at that period, if you think of booking a sit down, I highly recommend to make a booking over the phone to Restaurant reservation line. number is +33 1 60 30 40 50. They open 60 days before the date you visit DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!