Spring Festival fun in the sun trip report 9th - 12th April, completed.

DLPdaft

<font color=royalblue>Cannot stop singing "Just li
The cast this time -

Me - DLPdaft, 13th trip to The Magic, instigator of all trips ;) -

The Girls -
DD aged 12, happy companion on all 13 of our trips,
Dniece aged 5, first trip abroad, first trip to The Magic,
Dniece aged 13, 5th trip to The Magic (4th along with us) -

Where and when -
Santa Fe Hotel, Wednesday 9th April to Saturday 12th April

I'm not going to do a blow-by-blow account of our trip, but I'd like to focus on the new things for us, our special thoughts and experiences, and of course lots of photos of my girls enjoying their fun in the sun at DLP :goodvibes.

First time for all of us travelling by Eurostar, it was great, so easy!
We drove from the East Midlands down to Gravesend the evening before catching the Eurostar from Ebbsfleet, staying at the Premier Inn Gravesend Central. Great choice, easy to get to, very friendly and helpful staff, and less than 10 minutes drive away from Ebbsfleet international.
In the Eurostar waiting area -

and on the train -

We were indirect via Lille outward, direct home. All 3 trains we took were bang on time (in fact we were ahead of time coming home). I would definitely consider the Eurostar again, indirect is really no inconvenience, we were only stopped in Lille for around 20 minutes before our next train arrived to take us on to DLP.

The first thing we did when we got to the parks on Wednesday was watch the Magic On Parade - obviously not our first time, but it was for both my nieces and they loved it. The new bits for us -

Peter, Mary and Bert walking in the parade -

I still love these hoovering fairies -

Flynn giving us his smoulder -

and Tink (its nearly always been Donald in there when we've seen this parade in the past) -

My littlest niece fell in love with Stitch, even though she had absolutely no idea who he is and was calling him Scratch for 2 days after she bought him :rotfl2: -

so she was thrilled to see him blow her kisses in Stars n Cars -

and meeting him in the flesh (just after being picked to be his best friend in the Stitch Live! show) blew her away -

I saw the organised meet n greets for the stars of Cars n Stars in the Studios, another first for us, brilliant, works really well and the characters seem to be out with their CMs for ages -

cue character photos with the girls (and Stitch :rotfl:) -

thanks all - we really did have a great time, and the weather was fabulous every single day - not a cloud in the sky, sunny and warm :goodvibes.

On with the TR -

My littlest niece is the same age as my DD was the first time I took her to DLP, and its surprising how kids like different things - my DD was all about the characters, the parades, the shows, and rides were last on her list at that age. With littlest niece, it was (certain) rides, followed by certain characters, then the parades, and then the shows. She didn't want to see any of the parades more than once, and she wasn't that fussed about Animagique so we didn't do Cinemagique or Playhouse Disney. She liked Stitch Live though (obviously :rotfl2:). She loved the Dragon under the Castle and every time we passed through the castle we had to go visit the dragon, see what she was up to lol. Pirates of the Caribbean was her favourite ride -

For the first time ever at DLP, I bought a ride photo - from, you've guessed it, POTC. It was our 3rd ride in a row on the same boat, we just kept asking to go around again, and by the 3rd time we were the only ones in our boat, no-one in the boat in front, and no-one in the boat behind, so it really was like we had the ride to ourselves :thumbsup2.

Peter Pans flight was another favourite with my littlest niece, she also enjoyed the Snow White ride, Pinocchio ride, and even Phantom Manor (although she was freaked out by it first time, it was the stretching room that scared her, so when she asked to do it again she just shut her eyes in that room and cuddled into me). She hated BTM though - so we only did that the once with her.

A lovely lady we met on our 2nd day was leaving that day and gave me some pause gourmande vouchers, and 2 DLH fastpasses, which my older girls used on ToT. They did ToT a lot over Thursday and Friday, basically any time we were in the Studios they were off to ToT! They also did BTM with fastpass a few times, and they did RC racer together, and Parachute Drop using the single rider line, to great effect. While they were doing their rides in the Studios, I was invariably on either Slinky Dog or Cars ride with littlest niece :).

My DD and older niece also did the race to Crush on Saturday morning after the first hour of EMH in the main park - they were on and off before 10am (I trained them well ;)).

We also saw Dreams! twice this trip, the parks closed at 9.30pm so it was just about perfect timing for us, a full day in the parks and then Dreams, then back to the hotel to bed. The new scenes for me for Dreams! are the Brave and Lion King segments - I wasn't sure about this because the Jungle Book scenes were some of my favourites in Dreams! in the past, but I will accept that Lion King makes an acceptable replacement - and I love the Brave addition, we were all tapping our feet and singing along to that bit. With my littlest niece being only 5 I knew I'd have to find a decent spot to see Dreams! - first night we found a litter bin to perch her on, near the entrance to Discoveryland and on the hub, and the rest of us had good spots to see everything from there. Second time we went back to my go-to spot - in the bench alcove area on the hub, near the Fort entrance to Frontierland. The girls could see well from here as they were behind the crowds and a little elevated as they stood on the kerb at the fencing.

Spring Festival season is fabulous - end of!

a bit more Spring Festival theme -

i apologise for my woeful Spring Promenade photos - I was at the bench area and my DD's camera (she was at the rope in front of the stage) was playing up at the time -

This was great - it seemed to take much longer than the 12 minutes its scheduled to run for, lots of fun and loads of characters walking with the cars and dancers - Tigger, Piglet, Stitch, Alice, Hatter, Penguins just a few of them.

We also watched the bandstand Welcome to Spring dance show, cute, I don't have any photos of this, its short but its good to see the bandstand being used for this kind of attraction again :).

We did mainly counter service for our meals, but we had dinner at Annettes, and lunch on Saturday at Cafe Mickey before getting on the Eurostar -

The girls and I all enjoyed this, we were there from just after 1pm until around 2.30pm, it was busy when we went in but was half empty by the time we left, the character interaction was very good, well organised too. The lady at the next table to us was celebrating her birthday with cake, and she cut it all up and gave us some, as well as another couple of tables near her :goodvibes. I had a good old cuddle with Eeyore, after getting a big thumbs-up from him for telling my girls that he's the cuddliest softest fluffiest donkey ever :rotfl:.

We had time to play and enjoy the sunshine in the Village after Cafe Mickey (and have a look in the shops), before heading for the train station and Eurostar -

For a first trip for my littlest niece (and the first time I've taken 3 kids with me) it couldn't have gone better to be honest - the weather was perfect, the parks looked wonderful in the sunshine, the crowd levels were low most of the time, and we all got everything seen/done we wanted to :).

Last couple of photos for this time round -

So - next time (as DD and I now have APs burning holes in our pockets) I'm hoping for a good flash sale for November christmas season, and hoping for the DLH for the first time ever (even if its only for a couple of nights). Fingers crossed!!

Great TA Elaine :thumbsup2
Keep pricing up trips as we have AP now too the only time I could really afford the DLH is January and where already booked for next February so no chance.
Hope you get good use out of your AP x

You have some brilliant pictures, the girls all look so happy. :goodvibes It must have been great to be able to see things through the eyes of a newbie again. :)

Lovely photos Elaine - everyone looks so happy :) And your dd is looking all grown up now :goodvibes

I'm often found at slinky and the carpets/cars with Lewis whilst the others go on TOT, so i can relate to that :rotfl2:

And I love all the photos of the Spring Festival. It reminds me so much of our first trip to DLP in 1998 where they had Festival of Flowers ( i think) and the hub was filled with character flowers too.

Glad you had a such a good trip and that your nieces enjoyed it too. Hope you get your DLH trip for November :thumbsup2

Great TA Elaine :thumbsup2
Keep pricing up trips as we have AP now too the only time I could really afford the DLH is January and where already booked for next February so no chance.
Hope you get good use out of your AP x

thanks - the 2-night full price is a very hopeful one if a 40% deal comes up for November ;)

You have some brilliant pictures, the girls all look so happy. :goodvibes It must have been great to be able to see things through the eyes of a newbie again. :)

aw it was, littlest niece is the same age now as my DD was when I first took her to DLP :goodvibes.

Lovely photos Elaine - everyone looks so happy :) And your dd is looking all grown up now :goodvibes

I'm often found at slinky and the carpets/cars with Lewis whilst the others go on TOT, so i can relate to that :rotfl2:

And I love all the photos of the Spring Festival. It reminds me so much of our first trip to DLP in 1998 where they had Festival of Flowers ( i think) and the hub was filled with character flowers too.

Glad you had a such a good trip and that your nieces enjoyed it too. Hope you get your DLH trip for November :thumbsup2

thanks Julie - yes I have to wear my heels around my DD now, otherwise she's close to being taller than me - and I'm not ready for that yet :rotfl:.

I've only just caught up with your TR and it is such a treat. :) Having been recently we have many of the same photos but yours look so much nice with blue skies, sunshine and devoid of crowds! I particularly loved the photos of the Frozen float from the parade. You must have had a brilliant spot to get it coming head-on like that. I think that because we have seen the parade so many times we tend not to stake a place out now but just watch it when we happen to be there as it comes along and therefore are not close enough to the front. Note to self for future! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter