Spring vs. Spring Advantage

naberrie

Earning My Ears
So, as we're approaching the DCP Spring 2018 app drop, I've been wondering whether I should apply for Spring or Spring Advantage. I know that Advantage is a longer internship, but if you choose Advantage–are you still able to extend at the end? Or are extensions only available through the regular Spring internship? Also...I know it's hard to know for sure, but is it any harder or easier to get into Advantage compared to the normal-length internship?

You'll still be able to extend your program to the fall! You can extend any college program, despite the initial length, until you've been a CP for a full year.

As long as you apply to both programs, I personally don't see it as "easier" or "harder" to get into the Advantage program. I think it's just a numbers game/game of chance which one you get once you express your interest in both. Limiting your options to either Spring OR Spring Advantage would hurt your chances of getting into either. If they see you as a strong candidate for the program, but they only have room for Spring Advantage whereas you listed you were only available for Spring (or vice versa), that would pose a problem.

Good luck!

Thank you, this makes a lot of sense! I was only really considering applying for one or the other when I first made this post, but I can see why it would help my chances to apply for both. Maybe I'll apply for both, since I'm perfectly fine w/ either program (and would likely just end up extending anyway, especially at the end of a normal-length program).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter