SSR 2/5-2/15 Great trip, a few issues

2Princes2Princesses

Heavily medicated for your safety!<br><font color=
Just came back from SSR and had a terrific time. We checked in at about 11:30-ish and our room was ready. We headed over, they brought in our groceries and we headed to Epcot for food. :thumbsup2 We love flying in.

When we came back, the luggage had already arrived and we started unpacking. We then noticed the lack of low cupboards in the kitchen and vanities in the whirlpool tub room. Also, the freezer on the bottom fridge. Once we had everything somewhat put away, my vacation fogged brain realized that this was all because we were in a HA room. Took me seeing the tub rails for the 50th time before it clicked. :rolleyes:

It was a nice room. First things DH and my mom said though were that we were concerned. We were there for almost 2 weeks and were somewhat worried that maybe someone NEEDED the room. By the next morning, we were also concerned that this was NOT the room to have with a 2 yr old. We spent a great deal of time taking things back from him, trying to keep him from opening the freezer, remembering to put things WAY back on the counter because he could reach, etc. We did consider asking to be moved, but that would have had us spending half the day repacking and moving. So we made do. We just spent less time in the room, which was fine with me. :)

We also ended up with full cleaning on day 4 and T&T on day 8. I thought it was supposed to be the opposite??

On our 5th day, we opened the door to leave in the morning and there was an ME envelope. I had done a points/cash for weekend/points again reservation, so I thought they made an error and thought we were checking out the next morning. Nope. The names were not ours. Right room, wrong people. So I made a trip to the front desk.

Next morning, new ME envelope. This one was for another family. :confused:

I certainly hope all these people ended up getting their pickup time.

Otherwise, everything was great. We liked the room alot, and if we had not had our 2 yr old terror with us, it would have been perfect. :)

Bus transport was good, as usual. Never waited more than 20 minutes. My sister did one day, she stayed back and came and met us at AK, and she waited almost 45 minutes for a bus.

Next trip is our BWV in the studio. I am going to miss that washer and dryer. Garden Grocer and Owner's Locker were terrific, too. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the trip report. Sorry to hear that you ended up with an HA room that you didnt want. But it sounds like you made do and the trip turned out great. Also very pleased to hear that bus times were not that long. DH and I are headed there in March. Where in SSR did you stay?

We were in Congress Park, we always request it since we love DTD and my mom likes to walk there.

Part of what got to me about the HA room was I know people have posted on here about asking for one and NOT getting it when they needed it. I kept feeling like we should move in case someone did need it while we were there. I have issues with stuff like that.

They are really nice rooms. As I said, if our little guy was older or better behaved, it would have been just perfect. :)

The one thing I LOVE about the HA rooms is that the balcony door opens in and out, rather than sliding.

We were on the parking lot side, facing the bus stop. We were only on the second floor, so our view was of cars behind trees. Now, you would think that sucked. No way. It was so nice to sit out there, sipping coffee in the evening, wrapped in my blanket. Felt very quiet and private. As DH said, "Don't knock the view until you have tried it!" It is probably the worst "view" we have ever had, but I really liked the lack of people viewing us. :)
It added to the laid back, quiet feeling SSR gives us. Terrific way to relax after the hubbub of the parks. :thumbsup2

Have you ever stayed at SSR? Congress Park with a DTD view is a nice request view wise, too. It is farther from the main buildings, though.

Thanks for the report. I'm surprised they gave you a HA room for such a long stay!

Sounds like you enjoyed your view - most people would have complained about it but glad you found the lemonade!

My kids love the hc rooms, they think it is a room made for kids.....everything is at there level :)

My kids love the hc rooms, they think it is a room made for kids.....everything is at there level :)

Unfortunately, my son loved it too much! :rotfl:

I miss it already!!! 6 more months til we go back. :sad1: And this year, no sneaking in an extra trip for us.....we are cruising in September and then again in the Spring, so I have been banished by the hubby to only two 2007 trips. :mad: The nerve of him. hehe

When we came back, the luggage had already arrived and we started unpacking. We then noticed the lack of low cupboards in the kitchen and vanities in the whirlpool tub room. Also, the freezer on the bottom fridge. Once we had everything somewhat put away, my vacation fogged brain realized that this was all because we were in a HA room. Took me seeing the tub rails for the 50th time before it clicked. :rolleyes:

It was a nice room. First things DH and my mom said though were that we were concerned. We were there for almost 2 weeks and were somewhat worried that maybe someone NEEDED the room.

I'm not really sure you were in a HA room. When I spoke to CMs at the front desk I was told all the HA rooms at SSR came with roll-in showers. Also my HA room (a one bedroom) had a sliding patio door, but no breakfast bar. And there was no dividing window screen between the whirlpool and the master bedroom.

Was the toilet a high seat toilet? This is usually the way you know it is a HA room.

I wouldn't worry too much about taking the room from someone who needed it. I appreciate the sentiment as someone who needs the room. But Disney allows you to book your HA room upon reservation. They then block it out for your use. If someone needed the room to travel, they would have blocked it out months before you even got there.

Glad you had a good trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter