SSR 5/7-12 Thoughts and observations

artesian

DIS Veteran
I may be in the minority but I always am forced to stop at the from desk to get my room # every trip regardless of when I check in. Once again at 430 stopped went to check in and was told well your room has been ready not sure why you weren't alerted. No drama but last 3 trips all the same story and maybe just SSR

Weather was absolutely perfect. Maybe just got lucky but no a drop of rain with warm days and reasonable night time temps.

Crowds were more than manageable. Aside from Remy which we waiting 60 mins and RnR 45 I didn't get the sense it was crowded at all.

G+.. Said I wouldn't and didn't. Guess what it changed nothing with how many rides we got on in a reasonable timeframe. I assumed if I did early rope drop commando each morning I could get through some headliners before the crowds started filling in and it worked. HS for example was able to do Slink, TSM, MMRR, ToT and RnR by 1030. Rise was only 60 at around 10 but we did it 3 times last Aug and decided to skip it. I'm not bashing G+ but with our fam dynamic and what we are looking to do/ride I my only see a benefit during peak times. I will also add one other observation now On the last 2 trips. Ride times advertised aside from the ones above were way off. Typical 1/2 if not better in some cases. I'm no conspiracy theorist but given the amount that was wrong it almost felt like you lead to buying G+.

Lack of AP. This lead us to decide to skip AK entirely and only spend one day in each park. Normally I wouldn't have thought about anything but WDW but we did venture to Uni one day. Work give me the benefit of passes for one day. Without that I wouldn't have went and would have spent the last day and half have resort only days.

Overall very satisfied with my trip and come to the conclusion we will need to go during slightly slower times to still enjoy. Until AP's do return we will most likely bank and or rent going forward. Makes me somewhat sad to say it but the principle of the cost of days in no longer in my eyes given me the value it once had with the elimination of perks.

We didn't purchase Genie+ either and we were just fine. Maybe we would have done a couple more rides, but we made it work and did plenty of rides. That was Easter week. It was crowded but manageable.

I'm feeling the sting of no AP because this is the first year we have more than 1 trip planned. I have to really rethink going forward.

I may be in the minority but I always am forced to stop at the from desk to get my room # every trip regardless of when I check in. Once again at 430 stopped went to check in and was told well your room has been ready not sure why you weren't alerted. No drama but last 3 trips all the same story and maybe just SSR

Weather was absolutely perfect. Maybe just got lucky but no a drop of rain with warm days and reasonable night time temps.

Crowds were more than manageable. Aside from Remy which we waiting 60 mins and RnR 45 I didn't get the sense it was crowded at all.

G+.. Said I wouldn't and didn't. Guess what it changed nothing with how many rides we got on in a reasonable timeframe. I assumed if I did early rope drop commando each morning I could get through some headliners before the crowds started filling in and it worked. HS for example was able to do Slink, TSM, MMRR, ToT and RnR by 1030. Rise was only 60 at around 10 but we did it 3 times last Aug and decided to skip it. I'm not bashing G+ but with our fam dynamic and what we are looking to do/ride I my only see a benefit during peak times. I will also add one other observation now On the last 2 trips. Ride times advertised aside from the ones above were way off. Typical 1/2 if not better in some cases. I'm no conspiracy theorist but given the amount that was wrong it almost felt like you lead to buying G+.

Lack of AP. This lead us to decide to skip AK entirely and only spend one day in each park. Normally I wouldn't have thought about anything but WDW but we did venture to Uni one day. Work give me the benefit of passes for one day. Without that I wouldn't have went and would have spent the last day and half have resort only days.

Overall very satisfied with my trip and come to the conclusion we will need to go during slightly slower times to still enjoy. Until AP's do return we will most likely bank and or rent going forward. Makes me somewhat sad to say it but the principle of the cost of days in no longer in my eyes given me the value it once had with the elimination of perks.
Any food choices that hit the spot or could have been skipped?

Any food choices that hit the spot or could have been skipped?
We did one TS at Le Cellier (I know over priced) and the fam walked away happy after words. We had the beef tartare app, 2 strips, 1 ribeye and 1 filet. All were cooked perfect. We did add the the macncheese and brussels for the table. I always let the kids pic one TS each trip knowing they will probably want the steakhouse but it's hasn't disappointed yet. Outside of that did one QS at Harbor House which was fine. We did seat/drink around EPCOT one day. The only one that stood out was the vegetarian stand that no one really cared for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter