SSR - Girls Only Trip

AnnaS

DIS Veteran
SSR with daughter and friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will give this a try and see how it goes. I give up very easily especially when I have a hard time connecting with this laptop. Getting some help when girls are around.

This is a last minute trip planned. I don't plan on going to any parks. Lot's of relaxing, reading by the pool, DTD and visiting other resorts.

We had a 6 am flight - at 6 am we were told there was a problem - water leak in the back of plane and had to wait for maintenance. By 6:40 we were good to go. Very smooth flight and no more incidents after that.

I decided not to activate my AP. My dd's friend bought her hopper pass at the resort and my daughter was picking up her AP at MK. I asked if I was needed and was told no. The girls left and I went to hang out by the pool to wait for room. They called around 1 pm and needed my membership number. The cm had to make a three way conference call so I could give my information. My dd and her friend told me later that the cm was pretty nasty and rude and made them feel stupid - she was already annoyed by the time they went up to the counter. It took about 30 minutes to get it right. By 1:30 room was ready. I stayed a bit longer and then went to room - all in great shape. Called bell services for our gardengrocer order and carry-ons. ME brought up luggage almost at the same time. Back to pool for more reading and relaxing with a pina colada in hand

Waiting for the girls now - we have been up since 3 am so we will all probably hang around here for the rest of the evening once they come back.

Before dozing off - we are in the Springs section as requested, not sure if it's refurbished or not but room looks good. We are on the fourt floor and I enjoy using the stairs. The resort is a bit overwhelming at first - I feel like I have no idea where I am going, which direction. Regardless, whenever we stay at a new resort for the first time, it takes a full day or two before we feel at home.

I decided to walk to DTD and I literally went around and made a full circle and then just kept on walking and asking people which path to take. It is a nice walk and have no problem walking there from where we are (maybe not at 1 in the afternoon) - 10 mins tops. Coming back I walked to the wrong boat dock and as much as I wanted to walk back to Paridisio for the SSR boat, it was too crowded and I could not keep my eyes open so I took the bus back. Not only did I freeze - but I could have walked back much faster.

So far so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter