SSR Lithograph

vascubaguy

DIS Veteran
I have had my SSR lithograph for awhile now and have been wanting to get a frame for it and hang it up in my office.... HOWEVER, do you not find it annoying that it is sized at 11" x 13"!!! I mean come ON, you couldn't make it 11" x 14" (or even 10x13) so that we could get a standard frame size!

So now I either need to get it custom framed... cut down the height of the matting so that it's 10"... do a double matting and put it in a much bigger frame... or just figure out some way to pad that extra 1" in the 11x14 frame.

Blah... oh well... a project for another day... :confused3

This is so funny - I just (literally 20 minutes ago) got done going to Wal-Mart, buying a $2 frame and cutting the SSR mat down to a 10 by 13 size. It looks great! I was getting so frustrated - and really didn't want to pay to get a custom frame! Realy - it turned out quite nice, and I was just getting on the boards to see if anyone knew of anyone who wanted to sell an OKW lithograph so that I could have one of each of our home resorts! Just be careful how you cut the mat, and make sure the frame has enough overlap to cover the rough cutting job behind the wood! :flower:

I took my litho to a custom frame shop and had them re-mat the print. It cost about $10, and I was able to choose a better color for the mat than that icky burgandy. My print is now mounted in a $5 11x14 frame.

Tjkraz - that is such a better idea than a custom frame - but I never would have thought of that! :goodvibes

I decided to just pull out the razor blade and cut off a little from the top and bottom and put it in a 10x13 frame. Looks pretty good and I've got PLENTY of 10x13 frames around here. I'm not sure how I acquired all these picture frames... I guess I'm a sucker for clearance items. :confused3

Now the next challenge... figuring out where I'm going to hang it. I originally thought I'd put it in my office at home, but I don't really have any blank space on the wall... guess I could put it up in the office at work... or... hrmm... I'll figure out something! :goodvibes

Michael's quoted me (@ 70% off - no less) $270 each for matting & framing two 11 X 14 Disney sericells.

Searched on eBay for a few weeks and was able to locate 2 custom frames @ less than $40. I'll trim a mat to size myself...sure won't total $540!

keishashadow said:
Michael's quoted me (@ 70% off - no less) $270 each for matting & framing two 11 X 14 Disney sericells.
This is exactly why we just had our Disney prints framed at Hobby Lobby where their regular price was less than Michael's "discounted" price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter