SSR resale prices

disneymagicRN

Earning My Ears
Has anyone noticed people asking insane amounts for SSR resale recently? Like $110 a point for a stripped contract. We have been looking for a moderate amount of points (around 150) and it seems like they have jumped way up from $85 a few months ago. Starting to think we missed our opportunity, but at that rate I would probably just buy directly from Disney and have full member benefits. Will these come down again in price, or continue to rise?

I'm also looking into buying resale at SSR or OKW and I've noticed the jump in price per point. Also based on reading various groups, I've read that it should start to decline go in December or shortly afterwards.

Yup! I've put in offers for 2 SSR contracts so far, both won't take offers under $105! With closing costs for a 50pt contract? Umm, no thanks. Plan was 50 resale then 25 direct. Glad I'm not in a hurry bc at those points I'll just buy 60 pts direct and be done...for now I'll just be patient.

Has anyone noticed people asking insane amounts for SSR resale recently? Like $110 a point for a stripped contract. We have been looking for a moderate amount of points (around 150) and it seems like they have jumped way up from $85 a few months ago. Starting to think we missed our opportunity, but at that rate I would probably just buy directly from Disney and have full member benefits. Will these come down again in price, or continue to rise?
I wouldn't count on that this year. Too many new things coming to WDW.

Seems like prices are just starting to fall right now from the crazy highs of this summer. I would be patient and wait another month or two for contract owners with MF coming up to dump their contracts.

I am seeing contracts listing for $15/pt or more than what they were over the summer. I've been keeping an eye on BLT especially, and those are still on the rise. I can't imagine them rising much more, though, and also expect a bit of a dip around MF time.

I know prices may fall a little bit as it gets closer to MF time. But I still feel that it's going to be priced way too high. I mean, it's not a monorail resort. It's large, so the buses are always packed and often you have to wait. We have rented points and stayed at SSR several times and while we love it, the theming isn't anything special. Disney does have a lot coming down the pipeline for the parks, but at the same time DVC is a timeshare, and I am buying accommodations, not park tickets. I guess I am thinking we missed the boat for where we wanted to be in terms of price per point, and it's kind of disappointing lol. I just think it's absurd.

DH already doesn't want to deal with the hassle of resale for a small contract - with the new prices saving less than $500 (figuring the cost to rent current year points that are stripped for the two little trips we want to take in 2018, then our big 2019 trip, not having the AP discount, etc - once I did that, one of the "firm" counter offers was literally only $70 more than direct!). He told me last night just to buy the total we want direct for SSR or OKW and skip the resale/direct hybrid. I'm not ready for that yet - still hopeful that one of these contracts will go below $105! :confused3

DH already doesn't want to deal with the hassle of resale for a small contract - with the new prices saving less than $500 (figuring the cost to rent current year points that are stripped for the two little trips we want to take in 2018, then our big 2019 trip, not having the AP discount, etc - once I did that, one of the "firm" counter offers was literally only $70 more than direct!). He told me last night just to buy the total we want direct for SSR or OKW and skip the resale/direct hybrid. I'm not ready for that yet - still hopeful that one of these contracts will go below $105! :confused3

If you are wanting the current AP discount, it has to be purchased by Jan 3. I just bought direct and while I had a log-in and my points were in my account the next day, I still cannot purchase a member AP. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

We would have likely had to buy more points than we wanted to do a small contract resale and then a direct add-on. While, I admit some extra points seems nice, it also raised our buy-in cost and our monthly MFs. Small contracts are outrageous right now. However, even at say a $35 difference per point, if you're looking at only 50 points that's only $1750 and if you're saving $800 on 4 APs..... I'm with your DH. Not worth the hassle. For us, it was going to likely be a 50 point resale and a 25 add-on, but we could get by with 60 points direct. Yes, I'm down 15 points that would have given me some flexibility, but technically it saved me money to buy direct.

Last edited:
If you are wanting the current AP discount, it has to be purchased by Jan 8. I just bought direct and while I had a log-in and my points were in my account the next day, I still cannot purchase a member AP. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

We would have likely had to buy more points than we wanted to do a small contract resale and then a direct add-on. While, I admit some extra points seems nice, it also raised our buy-in cost and our monthly MFs. Small contracts are outrageous right now. However, even at say a $35 difference per point, if you're looking at only 50 points that's only $1750 and if you're saving $800 on 4 APs..... I'm with your DH. Not worth the hassle. For us, it was going to likely be a 50 point resale and a 25 add-on, but we could get by with 60 points direct. Yes, I'm down 15 points that would have given me some flexibility, but technically it saved me money to buy direct.

I'm holding out until the end of the month - but yes, that's about exactly what I think we're going to end up doing at this rate - 60 points direct. I did find out that all of the contracts that I've put in offers on that are holding at $105+ are the same seller, so that might be part of it at least! Bummer to have seen multiple SSR contracts for $4400k and lower last month before we had everything settled and ready and now they're $6000k. Oh well, it'll work out some how.

If you are wanting the current AP discount, it has to be purchased by Jan 8. I just bought direct and while I had a log-in and my points were in my account the next day, I still cannot purchase a member AP. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Why does it have to be purchased by January 8th if you want the AP discount? Our annual passes are up late February. I wanted to buy a 25 point direct contract before I need to renew them, so I can get the AP discount.

Why does it have to be purchased by January 8th if you want the AP discount? Our annual passes are up late February. I wanted to buy a 25 point direct contract before I need to renew them, so I can get the AP discount.

You can purchase the regular member AP at any time, but right now they are offering a special discount on the Platinum Plus AP which (at this moment) it is being offered as purchase by Jan 3rd (typo on above post) which is what I was referring to but not clear on. lol You get the Platinum plus for the same price as the regular member AP (Gold) offering.

You can purchase the regular member AP at any time, but right now they are offering a special discount on the Platinum Plus AP which (at this moment) it is being offered as purchase by Jan 3rd (typo on above post) which is what I was referring to but not clear on. lol You get the Platinum plus for the same price as the regular member AP (Gold) offering.
Oh that's cool! Is it for an initial AP purchase only, or does the promotion apply to renewals as well?

Oh that's cool! Is it for an initial AP purchase only, or does the promotion apply to renewals as well?
Also for renewals. We have "retail" AP's from Dec 2016. We are eligible now for the DVC discount and I have asked a few different CM's about us renewing to the DVC Platinum Plus at the renewal price (About $505) and they have all said "no problem", and the AP threads have borne that out as well.

We have 2 10 day basic tickets that have never been used. We will be at Disneyworld from December 20- January 6. Can we use the unused tickets toward renewing our AP's that expire June 23? At around $505, the difference wouldn't be more than $100, probably less.

Well, someone put in an offer on the $105 "firm" SSR contract. I hope they ran the numbers and realized that they're barely saving anything to deal with the hassle of resale. Doesn't bode well for my hope that the other contracts will drop down if someone out there is willing to pay $105 for SSR. Direct is looking better and better.

Doesn't bode well for my hope that the other contracts will drop down if someone out there is willing to pay $105 for SSR. Direct is looking better and better.

Amazing, I could seel my contracts for double what I paid for them! Not that I would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts