• Congress Park

• The Paddock

• The Springs

• The Carousel

• The Grandstand

Results are only viewable after voting.

loribell

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone I would love to see & hear what your room location request would be and why. Right now I am saying the Springs because the kids like being close to the pool. They also like to spend lots of time at the arcade. I am really thinking though that it would be nice to stay in Congress Park with a DTD view and be close to the walking path to DTD.

So what do you guys & gals think?

Thanks for playing,
Lori

We stayed in Congress Park last month and have requested it again for our trip in october. We just loved our view of DTD. We had a Boardwalk view on our trip last year and actually loved the Downtown Disney view better. It was so quiet and lovely. I hated going home and leaving it. We fell in love with the whole resort. It looked like all the areas had pretty nice views.

Sorry, I guess my first post wasn't really clear.

I would also love to hear what your reasons are for your view choice.

Thanks all,
Lori

We stayed in Congress Park last month and have requested it again for our trip in october. We just loved our view of DTD. We had a Boardwalk view on our trip last year and actually loved the Downtown Disney view better. It was so quiet and lovely. I hated going home and leaving it. We fell in love with the whole resort. It looked like all the areas had pretty nice views.

I think it would be great to have that view to look at and be that close to DTD so that we could walk over easier. Maybe if I try it the kids will like it as much as they do the Springs.

Thanks for the reply,
Lori

Well, DH and I just got back from our first trip to SSR and WDW. Now, if it's just the 2 of us, I of course would request Congress Park with a DTD view. Or the Grandstand with a golfcourse view (DH would LOVE THAT!).

However, I voted for the Springs because most of our future trips to WDW will include our kids (Ryan who's 7 and Luke who's 3), and so we'd really like to be close to the Springs pool/slide area, the arcade, community hall, and Artist's Palette.:thumbsup2

Sorry, I guess my first post wasn't really clear.
I would also love to hear what your reasons are for your view choice.
Thanks all,
Lori

Ooops.We chose CP for this trip because we loved it there our last trip. Silly reason I guess but it was just so darn beautiful. The walk to the Marketplace was amazingly quick. I was shocked. I have problems with my left knee and walking there was a breeze for me. We also did not think it was all that far to the main pool and food. I guess it was just such a lovely walk that we didn't notice if we were walking far. LoL We had a 2 year old and 4 year old with us and they had no problems. What we did find a bit of a hike was to the boat dock. Wow. Walking was much quicker but it is a nice boat ride though.

I voted for Springs because it is so central to the main pool, but I'd be equally happy with Grandstand and Carousel Park. Paddocks might be nice to at a stretch. Only area I'd resist would be the Carousel, probably. It's so far away from things and is a bit too close to the main road.

I stayed in the Springs last December and strolled over to AP every day. I'm hoping Grandstand is open when I return in May because it seems so close to the boat dock and not far from the main pool. (I need that zero entry to use the pool. Is the new one supposed to be zero entry as well?)

Both of our stays have been in the Springs. I can see staying in CP or The GS. The Paddock & Carousel just seem so far away.

Congress Park for us! Had a great view of DTD and it really wasn't that far a walk for us back to the main pool and Art. Pal.

We have stayed twice in CP and loved it! Very convenient to DTD and the busses there.

That said, I'm very interested in the new Grandstand area. It looks to me like there will be no "bad" views from any room. It is be close to the Carriage House area and High Rock Spring, and has its own themed (I believe) pool....

If I were to rank in order of preference:

1. Congress Park (access to DTD & the great DTD view!)
  2. The Grandstand (for reasons above)
  3. The Springs (near the central area)
  4. The Paddock
  5. Carousel (just seems far away)

DD and I just returned from a stay at The Springs, and I would definitely request that area again. We loved being so close to food, transportation, the pool, and the Spa! She also likes to take the boat ride to DTD, so for us, the easy stroll wouldn't be a selling point for Congress Park. I would love the view, of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter